Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

New York Times: 20 Oscar Voter Spill Secrets

mpthecat

Featured Posts

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering how on goldenderby ASIB was going to win the Oscars it was nominated.

and the day after Golden Globes it was just original song. All other votes pointed out Glen Close or Rami Malek, it is easy to see people do not even have the ability to think the art. They just go for what others go to.

Sneaky Oliver

I’m fine with the Best Original Song. Enough of this ASIB winning delusion 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

I knew her acting like Bradley Cooper was her lord and saviour would backlash

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

freebit

I think its stupid that these people find fault with her speeches - which she hasn't even given that many (because as they said, it keeps losing), and in fact said very little at the biggest one so far, the Golden Globes...yet they have no complaints about Rami and his blaming Freddie Mercury's ghost for keeping him safe from hearing any of the Bryan Singer allegations.

Also, this movie losing awards as a reason to not vote for it is nonsensical and dumb AF. What a bunch of sheep.  

nodandsmile

It's not all about the work, and it's been that way since forever. For example, Judy Garland losing for ASIB just because they did not like her and that Grace Kelly was making them a lot of money. Just check the "Be Kind Rewind" youtube channel and you'll understand ... 

For the globe thing, not surprising either. That's the argument that I had with somebody the other day. A critic's choice voter said he prefered Melissa Mccarthy among the nominees but voted for Close since she won the globe. The argument was that Mccarthy didn't stand a chance at oscars. Why was that decided so early one, in the race? Now imagine if a lot of them think that exact same way! What I mean is, imagine if each voter just checked for their favorite, maybe we would've had a different winner for each show? They are just followers! This is my problem with these awards shows and  why I and many others lose interest in them as the years go by. They are cool and it's fun to mock other fanbases but they don't mean a damn. It's just voters who want their boots licked! They can't hide their secrets no more and the reason why they lost their magic.

And for the monsters who keep repeating things like "but it is a race, it's not over yet" or "if some of them prefer Gaga, they'll vote for her, there could be an upset", now you understand why some of us were saying the race was over a long time ago? 

Ryusei

Weinstein ruined it all with his shakespeare in love campaigning crap that now everyone emulates. Those roundtables and brunches and sh*t are a bunch of fake ass-kissing that probably all of the actors and actresses involved rolled their eyes at and begged their agents: plleeeeeaaaase dont tell me I have to attend that....

Musery

Kimblue
16 minutes ago, freebit said:

I think its stupid that these people find fault with her speeches - which she hasn't even given that many (because it as they said, it keeps losing), and in fact said very little at the biggest one so far, the Golden Globes...yet they have no complaints about Rami and his blaming Freddie Mercury's ghost for keeping him safe from hearing any of the Bryan Singer allegations.

Also, this movie losing awards as a reason to not vote for it is nonsensical and dumb AF. What a bunch of sheep.  

Agreed it’s like hating on someone because they are too nice.

nodandsmile
30 minutes ago, mamo said:

Gaga is a polarizing figure - people either love or hate her but as fans we know where her heart lies. We know how authentic she is when it comes to her work so these voters opinions are irrelevant. 

and let's be real some of these voters who are saying sh*t about her campaign are the ones who also want to take as many pics with her as possible at these awards shows for clout. 

edit: also some of these voters think bohemian rhapsody is a better film than a star is born which says everything about the academy. no tea no shade just an overdose of pink lemonade :vegas:

Well, of course, just look at the way she is being treated at those gatherings. The people who attend them saying that she's the center of attention and compare it to how she was mocked when she won the globe in 2016 ... they are fake as hell! 

LOL it's all so fake :selena:

You're going to decide who wins an Oscar because of who won a different award? Or how a speech went? 

Bye credibility :bye: 

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

Hahaha the speech part...

Her speeches sounded fake and calculated from the beginning of the promotion. 

I don't understand how her management is letting her taking wrong marketing decisions like that... 

pedrohemg

I don't believe she'll lose BOS.That's almost impossible, BUT if that happens, Gaga can only blame herself. Her speeches are really annoying.

I may get some flack here, but I do think Gaga's speeches have had a negative effect. If I, as a stan, am incredibly annoyed by them, I can only imagine what regular people are feeling. Her Golden Globe Song win was her best one because Mark Ronson did most of the talking.

Archived