Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Bradley Cooper Will Not Perform As Jackson at the Oscars

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’s very brave for performing at the Oscars. Very vunerable of him. And I imagine it is scarier singing as yourself than it would be as a charachter. 

LilyLark
9 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I hope he swung by the Britney residency to learn how to lipsync because the preview in Vegas wasn't good and it was because he was scared AF and it showed.  When the test run doesn't work, the big show has a good chance of turning to into a scene they could use in the next Hangover movie.

I'm ready to cringe tbh, and I wish I wasn't.

Gaga's vocals will be on point, as always, and the music will be the standard music (there isn't any way she's going to do a rock version at the Oscars, especially when you look at previous performances, or be up on him or him up on her) so I doubt anyone would complain on her end at least. I am wondering about him, tho, cause I don't buy that he had no clue she would pull him up which means he would have been that nervous even if he was prepared.

I thought the performance was cute, but yeah—his awkwardness, endearing live in Vegas, probably not so much on stage at the Oscars. He had no idea what to do with his hands and I know some people thought it was a bit much when she was crouched down near him for a while, but I sort of got the vibe she was trying to relax him kind of like when you may pat a friend on the shoulder or knee if they are fidgeting. It was better when he was just sitting at the piano. 

I really hope, for his sake, that he doesn't try to play the guitar live and just sits his ass down on the piano by Gaga while she plays and they can both sing into a shared mic. Because I feel like if he tries to sing just at the mic, or play the guitar live, it's going to be messy.

KatieJudasGaga4
3 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Gaga's vocals will be on point, as always, and the music will be the standard music (there isn't any way she's going to do a rock version at the Oscars, especially when you look at previous performances, or be up on him or him up on her) so I doubt anyone would complain on her end at least. I am wondering about him, tho, cause I don't buy that he had no clue she would pull him up which means he would have been that nervous even if he was prepared.

I thought the performance was cute, but yeah—his awkwardness, endearing live in Vegas, probably not so much on stage at the Oscars. He had no idea what to do with his hands and I know some people thought it was a bit much when she was crouched down near him for a while, but I sort of got the vibe she was trying to relax him kind of like when you may pat a friend on the shoulder or knee if they are fidgeting. It was better when he was just sitting at the piano. 

I really hope, for his sake, that he doesn't try to play the guitar live and just sits his ass down on the piano by Gaga while she plays and they can both sing into a shared mic. Because I feel like if he tries to sing just at the mic, or play the guitar live, it's going to be messy.

Why don't you buy it? He probably didn't even know Shallow was gonna be performed anyway. Its not like he practiced because he knew Gaga would ask him to sing Shallow with him. 

23 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

Yeah, I just rewatched their performance and he was actually terrible. 

So I’m not alone in thinking this. :air:

However, for the Oscars I’m sure they will have rehearsal and he’ll try to get his vocal techniques to a good quality again.

LilyLark
1 minute ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Why don't you buy it? He probably didn't even know Shallow was gonna be performed anyway. Its not like he practiced because he knew Gaga would ask him to sing Shallow with him. 

I don't think she would spring it on him without a bit of a warning, even if the warning was just earlier that night before the show started, because he could have forgotten most of the lyrics or just had terrible stage fright or so on. Plus she knew exactly where he was to call him up—she was probably aware he was there, but she usually doesn't interact with people (like Celine) until after the show as she is busy prepping, so I can't see her knowing his exact spot unless it was semi pre-planned.

I don't think it was some big thing they practiced for, but I think he agreed to it before she called him on stage and still got insanely nervous.

raragaga
49 minutes ago, McMonster08 said:

I don't care if he wears tuxedo or nothing at all I just wanna see him perform with Gags on the Oscars stage. :v:

i care.. i want him wearing nothing at all :ally:

xoxo

I just want him to be relaxed and comfortable, that’s a lot of pressure for him, performing live for “the first time” in front of half Hollywood actors.

Anderson123

I'm glad that is not happening, it's the Oscars and don't really feel like it's right to do that in the middle of the ceremony. Also, I feel like playing a character like Jack is too painful to want to do it again, even if it's just for the show. Actors want to let these things go, sometimes it can be hurtful to stay with that.

Cuchulainn
32 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I’m sure the professionals know what they are doing when it comes to this. The Vegas performance was impromptu and obviously not rehearsed on Bradley’s side. Oscars will be rehearsed and all will be gravy.

KatieJudasGaga4
1 hour ago, ThatAsianGuy said:

That's expected. I mean can u do a duet at only 90 seconds time?

i think that isn't happening anymore.

Mirages

Why is he not bringing back the voice? It's literally what makes his parts in the song good! But I get it he worked his ass of on the movie and he's not getting any awards at all and being beaten by a clown with superb ad accent and dentures that totally butchered Freddie Mercury I would have been pissed as well :triggered:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Archived