• Created
  • Last Reply
Ladey Gaygay
1 hour ago, DCgaga said:

I used to stan One Direction, not Harry Styles :ally:

Gasp

STREAM JUICE BY LIZZO

RAMROD

I like his solo album. The best and most interesting out of all others 1D members, to me anyway.

I rarely stan solo pop male artist though. But I will get their album and attend their show if they are good enough.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Yep, he has more talent and musical taste than the other 4 guys combined. He has a huge future ahead of him.

And I dont think theres another male popstar that turns me on and makes me drool as much as him.

Lion Heart

I mean it's kinda hard to 'stan' for someone when it's been a while since he's released music.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

latikofficial

Yes, he's absolutely fantastic live & I discovered Queen Kacey Musgraves through him. Stan 100X over.

uwu

AJRocketMan

No, not at all. He’s a nice guy, and I like his support for animal rights and the LGBT community, but that’s it.

I tried giving him a chance. I watched his videos and interviews, listened to his music—I tried to like him. He has nothing that I’m looking for in an artist. He isn’t subversive or rebellious in any way. He makes classic rock music, wears suits with kooky prints and sometimes frills, stands there with a guitar in front of a microphone and sings about love and relationships. This guy has no edge and there’s nothing interesting or unique about him. And people eat him up?! I feel like the only reason he gets as much attention as he does is because he’s hot (he’s not my type, but I can acknowledge that he’s very conventionally attractive). He doesn’t have the revolutionary spirit that I’m looking for in an artist.

He’s the male antithesis of Lady Gaga. The reason why I fell in love with Gaga as an artist is because she is a transgressive, subversive, unique, ambitious, standout individual. She embraced dance music when people thought it was too “gay” and “weird” and combined it with pop music and made it cool. She wore avant-grade fashion every day. She created unique outfits for very specific events. She revived high-concept music videos for the new generation. She experimented with underground musical genres in her own music, like Techno, Industrial, Psychedelic Trance, Synthwave, Glitch-Hop, Complextro, Electroclash, and Mariachi. She sang about topics other than love and relationships, like homosexuality and bisexuality, female empowerment, power dynamics, faith, redemption, repentance, drug addiction, rape, sexual fantasies, and persecution, as well as mocking social class and public commentary on one’s appearance.

Another aspect of him that I don’t appreciate are his interviews. In interviews, he contstantly stutters (um, uh, ah...) and even skips questions, or tries to dismiss them in a very polite way. He never opens up about himself so that people can get to know him better. He lacks intellectual stimulation and it makes him seem uneducated and unprepared, which he probably is if you look into his background.

Gaga, on the other hand, gives absolutely fascinating interviews. She is so intelligent, articulate, passionate and dynamic when she speaks. It’s immensely inspiring. Look at her SXSW 2014 Keynote interview. This woman knows what to say and how to say it. The wheels are always turning in her head. She has a talent for biting and revealing statements and has even risked her career and reputation in the name of personal expression and artistic integrity. Not just that, but also her penchant for self-disclosure. She stood out back then by telling her interviewers and her fans everything. We felt like we knew so much about her and is one of the reasons why we had such a close relationship with her. It wasn’t everyday in 2008 that your average pop star just casually drops the fact they’re bisexual and they love sex with both men and women. I don’t think people understand or remember just how revolutionary she was during the classic Gaga years (2008-2014), whether they were aware of it or not.

I’m gonna come off as such a hater in this thread. :selena: But I’m not. He has a very likeable and inoffensive personality, he’s handsome, and he’s very classy, refined, and gentlemanly. And British. He represents (however accurately or not) a male personality and archetype of a time gone past. And that’s exactly why people like him. He’s just not for me

Ladey Gaygay
12 hours ago, Lion Heart said:

I mean it's kinda hard to 'stan' for someone when it's been a while since he's released music.

When was Louis' last song?

STREAM JUICE BY LIZZO

Ladey Gaygay
11 hours ago, AJRocketMan said:

No, not at all. He’s a nice guy, and I like his support for animal rights and the LGBT community, but that’s it.

I tried giving him a chance. I watched his videos and interviews, listened to his music—I tried to like him. He has nothing that I’m looking for in an artist. He isn’t subversive or rebellious in any way. He makes classic rock music, wears suits with kooky prints and sometimes frills, stands there with a guitar in front of a microphone and sings about love and relationships. This guy has no edge and there’s nothing interesting or unique about him. And people eat him up?! I feel like the only reason he gets as much attention as he does is because he’s hot (he’s not my type, but I can acknowledge that he’s very conventionally attractive). He doesn’t have the revolutionary spirit that I’m looking for in an artist.

He’s the male antithesis of Lady Gaga. The reason why I fell in love with Gaga as an artist is because she is a transgressive, subversive, unique, ambitious, standout individual. She embraced dance music when people thought it was too “gay” and “weird” and combined it with pop music and made it cool. She wore avant-grade fashion every day. She created unique outfits for very specific events. She revived high-concept music videos for the new generation. She experimented with underground musical genres in her own music, like Techno, Industrial, Psychedelic Trance, Synthwave, Glitch-Hop, Complextro, Electroclash, and Mariachi. She sang about topics other than love and relationships, like homosexuality and bisexuality, female empowerment, power dynamics, faith, redemption, repentance, drug addiction, rape, sexual fantasies, and persecution, as well as mocking social class and public commentary on one’s appearance.

Another aspect of him that I don’t appreciate are his interviews. In interviews, he contstantly stutters (um, uh, ah...) and even skips questions, or tries to dismiss them in a very polite way. He never opens up about himself so that people can get to know him better. He lacks intellectual stimulation and it makes him seem uneducated and unprepared, which he probably is if you look into his background.

Gaga, on the other hand, gives absolutely fascinating interviews. She is so intelligent, articulate, passionate and dynamic when she speaks. It’s immensely inspiring. Look at her SXSW 2014 Keynote interview. This woman knows what to say and how to say it. The wheels are always turning in her head. She has a talent for biting and revealing statements and has even risked her career and reputation in the name of personal expression and artistic integrity. Not just that, but also her penchant for self-disclosure. She stood out back then by telling her interviewers and her fans everything. We felt like we knew so much about her and is one of the reasons why we had such a close relationship with her. It wasn’t everyday in 2008 that your average pop star just casually drops the fact they’re bisexual and they love sex with both men and women. I don’t think people understand or remember just how revolutionary she was during the classic Gaga years (2008-2014), whether they were aware of it or not.

I’m gonna come off as such a hater in this thread. :selena: But I’m not. He has a very likeable and inoffensive personality, he’s handsome, and he’s very classy, refined, and gentlemanly. And British. He represents (however accurately or not) a male personality and archetype of a time gone past. And that’s exactly why people like him. He’s just not for me

Ok but... no need to rant:classy:

STREAM JUICE BY LIZZO

Ladey Gaygay
12 hours ago, Adakam said:

And I dont think theres another male popstar that makes me drool as much as him.

Same sis

STREAM JUICE BY LIZZO

A Hybrid
17 hours ago, Antonoff said:

YES, he's Bowie's succesor tbh

he has the potential to be a rock icon, I'm looking fowars to hear more from him

Oh LORDE

tumblr_mxwrtc9QKQ1s2czhqo1_500.gif

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/mar/22/david-bowie-lorde-future-of-music

Bowie was the innovation. Just bc someone's music is like Bowie's doesn't mean they're the successor of Bowie, it means the opposite. And just to get it out there Bowie's tunes are basically pop music, it's only labeled rock now.

I think Lorde is the most likely to take that spot, but we still have faith in our Gagz!

No family’s safe when I sashay

Ladey Gaygay
4 minutes ago, jinko said:

I mean I want him to fck me soulless, is that the same as stanning? :flower:

Ask the 95% of GGD that gets on Shawn Mendes threads:gaysia:

STREAM JUICE BY LIZZO

Archived