💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ASIB Is Gaga's Best Vocal Album To Date

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

I've been bopping a lot to "Why Did You Do That" a lot lately a bop that up until recently I often payed dust to but came to appreciate it recently

Anyway I noticed the vocals on this song are much more killer than I first noticed and it's cool that such a pop fast paced bop has such amazing vocals

It got me thinking how the album as a whole (especially Gaga's vocals) are super on point

Shallow, ARUTW, INLA, ITA and Why Did You Do That Too me all have extremely amazing vocals

Other songs I haven't listened to enough to analyse properly but what I do listen to is like amazing

I think this is Gaga's Best vocal album to date! Even better than C2C in some ways

derpmonster

I think we been knew.

She keeps improving and she's not even close to her peak vocally yet. Because we always think her voice matured and then she outdoes herself.

Her extensive head voice use on ASIB is something new for her. And it's so delicate and beautiful.

TF and TFM were good for pop. TFM more so. Then BTW had some experimentation with her whole "Whitney like" thing and she added extensive vibrato for the first time. Also experimented with operatic vocals on GH. At that point, she had started working on jazz stuff. For ARTPOP, I believe she took vocal lessons again and ARTPOP channeled her newly matured voice with amazing vibrato and both dramatic (Dope) and light styles (Fashion!, Donatella). C2C was something else. Very light and FameGa almost but with much better vocals. Then she did the amazingly musical theatrical Sound of Music performance. And then came Joanne with more mature, stable, dramatic vocals. Then during the JWT, she SERVED vocals with amazing resonance and grounding (and a bit of a lighter interpretation of Joanne songs). That's when she was filming ASIB too (shortly before JWT actually).

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Economy
Just now, derpmonster said:

I think we been knew.

She keeps improving and she's not even close to her peak vocally yet. Because we always think her voice matured and then she outdoes herself.

I remember in her first years I used to brag about her being a good singer...

Now looking back I'm not impressed by those early vocals as much cuz it seems so mediocre compared to now :rip:

Economy
Just now, Antichrist said:

i wonder what why did you do that horrible song would sound like live & if it would change your mind

Well she'd be dancing with that song probably so it wouldn't sound as good live

It's actually such a bop tho. I can picture it being a hit if it was a lead single on a regular album

Antichrist
1 minute ago, Economy said:

It's actually such a bop tho. I can picture it being a hit if it was a lead single on a regular album

giphy.gif

derpmonster
3 minutes ago, Economy said:

Lead, probably no. Most GP people who watched the movie thought that song was the worst. It may have been the context and how it was presented though.

But that song does have amazing Gaga vocals on the soundtrack version. The movie version is more delicate and Ally.

@Economy I edited my comment and added more stuff after I first rushed to comment to get a spot on a potentially hit thread :huntyga: Check it out.

Economy

giphy.gif

It's not that silly

If applause was a moderate hit, this could certainly do something

I don't see it being a hit from the current album and atmosphere tho. It would have to be different circumstances

Antichrist
Just now, Economy said:

It's not that silly

If applause was a moderate hit, this could certainly do something

I don't see it being a hit from the current album and atmosphere tho. It would have to be different circumstances

let's say, 2005 circumstances? but yeah i agree, from this album, definitely not. 

Economy
Just now, derpmonster said:

Lead, probably no. Most GP people who watched the movie thought that song was the worst. It may have been the context and how it was presented though.

But that song does have amazing Gaga vocals on the soundtrack version. The movie version is more delicate and Ally.

I meant lead in a regular era not the movie soundtrack

Also that's the thing...I largely ignored the song at first cuz in the movie it came across as a basic song/Performance

But when I gave it a chance on the album and listened to the song in its entirety I could see how awesome the vocals were and also how cool the song was overall

Summer Boy

Her vocals are so great on the whole soundtrack BUT Why Did You Do That :rip: she ruined that song with screaming (screaming =/= belting). She should have used the same voice she used in Hair Body Face would suit the song much better. 

Economy

let's say, 2005 circumstances? but yeah i agree, from this album, definitely not. 

Not even 2005. I feel like ARTPOP era even

But yeah I meant as a regular single from a regular album not as a single from the movie track

When it's a movie track the movie influences its success and the song wasn't portraid as a most talented moment and we only heard like a minute of it in the movie...

If ppl associated the track with what they saw in the movie the song would flop. But I meant in a regular album

AlwaysLoveGaga

I 100% Agree, WE DON'T DESERVE HER:queenga:

The really fantastic thing about kindness is that it's free -Lady Gaga

Economy
Just now, Summer Boy said:

Her vocals are so great on the whole soundtrack BUT Why Did You Do That :rip: she ruined that song with screaming (screaming =/= belting). She should have used the same voice she used in Hair Body Face would suit the song much better. 

I disagree. The more aggressive singing/screaming came in the second half of the song so to me it felt like the song was building

It starts very standard pop singing (and well done) then builds into a more aggressive kick

I actually love it when she does that

derpmonster
1 minute ago, Summer Boy said:

Erm, no. It's loud but it's not a scream. Everything was ON the note--that's not how screams tend to be. For a true scream, see the second verse of this:

Archived