Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Bradley Debunks Nine Myths About ASIB

LaLa

Featured Posts

Bigmac1162

I saw an interview with that Gerber guy and he said he was the one who suggested Stefani to Bradley but he wasn't convinced until he heard her sing at the cancer benefit at Sean Parker's house.  So kudos to Gerber for getting the ball rolling. After all the success of this movie I hope Stefani gets plenty of offers, but I wonder if another director can get the same emotions out of her like Bradley??

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
1 hour ago, LaLa said:

I don't know a TON about it, but I I would think she made less than 100K working for scale on a 6-week shoot :rip: Now, she could have negotiated for a cut of the profits afterword (wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, and I'm SURE Bradley would have), and I don't know if she got anything for writing the music etc but acting-wise she probably got peanuts 

Yeah for the acting she must of gotten very little

But as I said. Indirectly she got quite a bit of money from this movie because it really boosted her popularity and the music from the movie is selling really well and the streams aren't bad

So while the acting part itself may not have payed much the era still brought Gaga a lot of money I think

LordEnigma
33 minutes ago, Bigmac1162 said:

I saw an interview with that Gerber guy and he said he was the one who suggested Stefani to Bradley but he wasn't convinced until he heard her sing at the cancer benefit at Sean Parker's house.  So kudos to Gerber for getting the ball rolling. After all the success of this movie I hope Stefani gets plenty of offers, but I wonder if another director can get the same emotions out of her like Bradley??

Interesting question! Especially because it seems like Gaga is the type of person who won’t put her whole heart into it if she doesn’t 100% FEEL it. Which is a good quality to have for her art.

I hope she can branch out and try some new people for music/acting!

Diamond heart99
48 minutes ago, Economy said:

How much is the "scale" payments? I'm genuinely curious

Although indirectly it got her a lot more money given the popularity boost and big sales/streaming of the movie music

About $3200 a week.

It makes sense that Cooper acted for scale since he was directing. The director always wants to save on the budget to put in back in the movie. He probably wrote it for scale too.

LG is the surprising piece, but it shows how passionate she was about this project. I Stan. 

No doubt she has a piece of the profits, although that’s worthless in features. 

The real money is in box office bonuses and awards bonuses (which you can get for nominations as well as wins). 

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

Bigmac1162
1 hour ago, Alexander Levi said:

Interesting question! Especially because it seems like Gaga is the type of person who won’t put her whole heart into it if she doesn’t 100% FEEL it. Which is a good quality to have for her art.

I hope she can branch out and try some new people for music/acting!

1 hour ago, Ktaylor99 said:

About $3200 a week.

It makes sense that Cooper acted for scale since he was directing. The director always wants to save on the budget to put in back in the movie. He probably wrote it for scale too.

LG is the surprising piece, but it shows how passionate she was about this project. I Stan. 

No doubt she has a piece of the profits, although that’s worthless in features. 

The real money is in box office bonuses and awards bonuses (which you can get for nominations as well as wins). 

Wow 3200? She probably spends that in a day of shopping. Good for her to care more about Bradley and the project than money. I wish she could get best actress or they could get best picture 🙏🏽

Bradley

Bradley: “I always wanted to be a director since I was a kid,"

I-

You been hanging with Gaga for too long.

He also started to say 'the truth is' a lot. :messga:

9 hours ago, JLoveLamar said:

Y'all just HAVE to try to dig at Beyonce. She did Dreamgirls damn near for free. She told them they did not have to pay her. I believe she made 700k for Cadillac Records and donated her money to the sober house she did her research at. Leave Beyonce out of this.

You honestly think Beyoncé would work for scale in 2017 on a movie that is not her first? :laughga::ladyhaha:

Diamond heart99

ASIB with Beyoncé would have made Glitter look like Federico Fellini directed it. 

Ally Campana
15 hours ago, JLoveLamar said:

Y'all just HAVE to try to dig at Beyonce. She did Dreamgirls damn near for free. She told them they did not have to pay her. I believe she made 700k for Cadillac Records and donated her money to the sober house she did her research at. Leave Beyonce out of this.

I don’t know for sure but I followed a Beyoncé fan page and they said Beyoncé was paid around 12.5 million for Dreamgirls making her the highest paid black actress for a movie. And they were boasting about it. 

Edit: found it

Does it matter? Damage is done

LilyLark

I love Beyonce, and I also don't think she'd work for scale. Back in the day, sure, but unless she was a hundred percent in love with the idea of ASIB she wouldn't do it imo. Also, I follow a lot of film twitter and that was definitely the rumor that she wanted a big check (which is her right) back when Clint Eastwood was going to direct her and Bradley in a version and WB didn't feel like shelling out for someone who was "unproven" (yes, I know she's acted but she's not an established actress). It worked out for the best though—Clint would have been a horrible choice to direct this type of film, imo, and Gaga was made for this role.

Also, Bradley should have absolutely been out here doing more pieces like this to maintain the Oscar buzz, especially as ASIB was the first big Oscar movie to open. There's no reason he shouldn't be a front runner for Best Actor—Vice and Bohemian Rhapsody are the two films that had the least acclaim and yet the actors are front runners for Best Actor. Plenty of critics thought Rami slipped into caricature at times, and there's the whole Singer mess. Christian has already won and been nominated a million times, and some critics thought all of the real life characters were written poorly in Vice so even if he turned out the best performance of his life it still wouldn't be Oscar worthy.  Like I get that the traditional campaigning (magazine covers and late note shows) and going to all the cocktail parties must be annoying after a while, when it should come down to the pure performance, but if he had just done a bit more I bet he would be way ahead of the others. I think he was way too focused on doing the film making Q & As and going after that director nod (which he did deserve, imo, although the category was extremely stacked and there were at least 7 or 8 who deserved) that he missed out on a sure thing.

I actually think if Gaga didn't have Enigma and was more on the campaign trail and if Olivia Colman wasn't obligated to filming back to back seasons of The Crown...that they would have had a stronger chance at winning over Glenn.  Before Oscar season, quite a few critics thought Gaga and Olivia would be the ones to beat even if Glenn is a Queen and has been snubbed a million times.  However, beating a legend like Glenn, who has been snubbed like 8 times, would probably garner some backlash so it may be for the best that Glenn's guaranteed the win.

Diamond heart99
1 hour ago, The Cure said:

Do they get a chunk from the box office gross of ASIB?

They get bonuses based on which money markers it hits. 

Jollibee
4 hours ago, Ktaylor99 said:

They get bonuses based on which money markers it hits. 

Oh ok. I think, she'll be getting a lot of money on this project given that the movie is a box office success. 

Archived