Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Bradley Debunks Nine Myths About ASIB

LaLa

Featured Posts

Diamond heart99
1 hour ago, The Cure said:

Oh ok. I think, she'll be getting a lot of money on this project given that the movie is a box office success. 

Yes she’s definitely making good money of this. Which is great as her first major feature role. 

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
freebit
On 2/12/2019 at 6:20 PM, Bigmac1162 said:

I saw an interview with that Gerber guy and he said he was the one who suggested Stefani to Bradley but he wasn't convinced until he heard her sing at the cancer benefit at Sean Parker's house.  So kudos to Gerber for getting the ball rolling. After all the success of this movie I hope Stefani gets plenty of offers, but I wonder if another director can get the same emotions out of her like Bradley??

Do you have a link to that? That's an interesting fact, because if true, Gerber guy is really her 1 in 99. :shocked:

15 hours ago, LilyLark said:

Also, Bradley should have absolutely been out here doing more pieces like this to maintain the Oscar buzz, especially as ASIB was the first big Oscar movie to open. There's no reason he shouldn't be a front runner for Best Actor—Vice and Bohemian Rhapsody are the two films that had the least acclaim and yet the actors are front runners for Best Actor. Plenty of critics thought Rami slipped into caricature at times, and there's the whole Singer mess. Christian has already won and been nominated a million times, and some critics thought all of the real life characters were written poorly in Vice so even if he turned out the best performance of his life it still wouldn't be Oscar worthy.  Like I get that the traditional campaigning (magazine covers and late note shows) and going to all the cocktail parties must be annoying after a while, when it should come down to the pure performance, but if he had just done a bit more I bet he would be way ahead of the others. I think he was way too focused on doing the film making Q & As and going after that director nod (which he did deserve, imo, although the category was extremely stacked and there were at least 7 or 8 who deserved) that he missed out on a sure thing.

I actually think if Gaga didn't have Enigma and was more on the campaign trail and if Olivia Colman wasn't obligated to filming back to back seasons of The Crown...that they would have had a stronger chance at winning over Glenn.  Before Oscar season, quite a few critics thought Gaga and Olivia would be the ones to beat even if Glenn is a Queen and has been snubbed a million times.  However, beating a legend like Glenn, who has been snubbed like 8 times, would probably garner some backlash so it may be for the best that Glenn's guaranteed the win.

ITA!  People may have mocked Eddie RedCarpet, Anne Hathaway, and Melissa Leo for being thirsty and campaigning so tirelessly, but they got the last laugh in the end.
I get this feeling that in regards to BCoops and the ASIB campaign, there was a concern for coming across as too thirsty, and maybe peaking too early, so they dialed it down. However, as you said, they probably should have been doing things weekly to keep up the momentum, when instead they just let the momentum flatline a bit, and thus....peaked too early. :rip: Like for example, if I was him, I would have been shouting that we worked for scale from the damn rooftops, lol. Working for scale just shows how passionate they both were. 

I think Gaga's campaign has gone better than BCoops, especially when considering she was planning and rehearsing Enigma the whole time. She did magazines, tv shows, Q&As, went to the Governors Awards, and kept herself visible. The only thing crucial that she skipped that she should have went to is the first screening in LA for Academy members. There were complaints from members that she wasn't there.  Other than that, she's done well. I think that there was just no stopping the Glenn it's been 84 years.gif narrative. Plus, even Cher, J.Law and Emma Stone had to wait until their second acting nominations to snatch an Oscar.

doppelganger
On 2/13/2019 at 9:11 AM, Ktaylor99 said:

No doubt she has a piece of the profits, although that’s worthless in features. 

why is it worthless though? I gather the film probably makes over 150M in profits, even 2% is like 3M. 

Bigmac1162
49 minutes ago, freebit said:

Do you have a link to that? That's an interesting fact, because if true, Gerber guy is really her 1 in 99. :shocked:

ITA!  People may have mocked Eddie RedCarpet, Anne Hathaway, and Melissa Leo for being thirsty and campaigning so tirelessly, but they got the last laugh in the end.
I get this feeling that in regards to BCoops and the ASIB campaign, there was a concern for coming across as too thirsty, and maybe peaking too early, so they dialed it down. However, as you said, they probably should have been doing things weekly to keep up the momentum, when instead they just let the momentum flatline a bit, and thus....peaked too early. :rip: Like for example, if I was him, I would have been shouting that we worked for scale from the damn rooftops, lol. Working for scale just shows how passionate they both were. 

I think Gaga's campaign has gone better than BCoops, especially when considering she was planning and rehearsing Enigma the whole time. She did magazines, tv shows, Q&As, went to the Governors Awards, and kept herself visible. The only thing crucial that she skipped that she should have went to is the first screening in LA for Academy members. There were complaints from members that she wasn't there.  Other than that, she's done well. I think that there was just no stopping the Glenn it's been 84 years.gif narrative. Plus, even Cher, J.Law and Emma Stone had to wait until their second acting nominations to snatch an Oscar.

wow I thought they attended everything possible with regard to the movie.  I think like others have said maybe the Academy members think Bradley hasn't paid his dues yet and Stefani needs one more movie under her belt.  He's in talks for another project so maybe he can at least get a nomination for Best Director next time.  Can't wait to find out what it is.  Maybe he will announce after all this Oscar buzz is over

Diamond heart99
2 hours ago, doppelganger said:

why is it worthless though? I gather the film probably makes over 150M in profits, even 2% is like 3M. 

Because even once it’s in profit, Warner Bros gets most of it.

There will be some share to Gaga, I’m just saying in features that is not where the money is. You want your box office bonuses and your awards bonuses.

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

He’s so talented and passionate, yet he remains humble and grateful. I cannot wait to see where he’ll go as Director. I hope he chooses to work with Gaga again. You go, Bradley! :applause:

Archived