💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

BB: "A big night for “Shallow” is a very real possibility"

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

stupidrain71
26 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

I’m not expecting a single win. I’ve set the bar on the floor so I won’t be disappointed at all.  :vegas:

me set the bar six feet below the ground :vegas:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Enomis said:

Why do I feel like a huge meltdown is around the corner?:saladga:

Baby, with this fanbase, a meltdown is always around the corner during awards szn. :poot:

Every single respectable arts academy awarded Shallow for Best Song, so knowing the buffoonery of the Grammys it's very possible it will be the first award Shallow loses.

2020Covid19IsOurs

Let's stream the only Gaga song that's gonna be a loser tomorrow :giggle:

Gaga x JeffHardy x BillMaher

StrawberryBlond

The only categories where she has serious competition and is likely to lose is in SOTY and ROTY. But all the other categories? I believe she's either the front runner or second.

Best pop solo - The only real competition is Ariana (every other choice is bizarre and it's like they're scrambling for nominees, including Gaga) and she's not in the Grammys good books right now and she's only up for one other award and has never won a Grammy before, plus, it seems Gaga's nominated here because the academy want to atone for past mistakes by giving the Joanne album an award because there's no way in hell they would have nominated such a song in the past.

Best song for visual media - All The Stars is her only competition and it has barely won anything all awards season. Remember Me won the Oscar but it was a year ago, people have moved on and its not been a hit and the other 2 are Oscar losers and have been out for so long that they're also considered a bit too old to be relevant now. Shallow has literally won every award its been nominated for at every movie awards bash, not losing a single one and its already won the prestigious GG and CG awards and is nominated for an Oscar. It was THE smash movie song of the year. It's a no-brainer.

Best pop/duo - The only real competition here is Maroon 5 and JT. But Cardi's verse is so short that it barely counts as a feature and wasn't a feature originally and it's the only award M5 are up for and its not exactly a lyrical masterpiece. JT had a decent enough hit but not as big as Shallow and this is the only award he's up for. Shallow is an honest duet, not a feature, which gives it an edge, the lyrics are great, both sing well. Again, there's some surprising choices surrounding them that only seem to serve to pad out the nominations like it's another one in the bag for Gaga.

So, yeah, ROTY and SOTY are up in the air because the academy may well go for something more politically relevant right now but that doesn't mean she doesn't stand a chance there either. I could realistically see her going home with as many as 3 awards tonight. But even if it's not that many, she'll have 1. The academy will NOT let her go home empty handed this time, I'd put my life on it. Apart from the amazing reception she's had from the movie community and the whole "Gaga's come back and we love her again" thing, remember that the academy will also be looking to ensure that women win more this year to make up for last year's outrage. So, don't set your bar too low. This could be a comeback and a half. I've never been so sure of Gaga winning at the Grammys before now.

7 minutes ago, DWUWpartII said:

Let's stream the only Gaga song that's gonna be a loser tomorrow :giggle:

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Not saying it will win, so don't quote me, but ready my analysis above for why it might well win. The academy are all about righting their wrongs.

GagaUnderYou

Honestly, she deserves all her Grammy’s. She’s completely rebranded and her talent is finally being recognized to the max. Wishing her all the best, and can’t wait for the performance tonight. 

/filled with anxiety.

Who are the voters in this realm? Will jealousy play a key? Gaga seems to have won over Hollywood; could this be to the detriment of her standing with recording artists?

Watch As I Dive In

DoremonLove
2 hours ago, Red said:

Don’t @ me but I’m more and more convinced Gaga is just going to lose for Pop Performance or maybe she’s gonna even go home as the 10 time Grammy Award Winner Lady Goga everyone

Inshaallah. :pray:

How can anoyone not love gaga

Sassy McSass

Shallow (and Gaga) deserves recognition, imo. I would prefer not to hope so I won’t be disappointed if it doesn’t happen, but I can’t help it, it means too much to me personally for me not to hope. 

Anyway, even if this song didn’t win a single award this season, to me it’s always gonna be the real winner. :heart:

I’ll keep looking for Wonderland

Archived