Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Males Are Failing To Dominate in 2019

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

I was just looking at stats and on the Billboard charts, male solo singers are not doing as well as they did in the last three years.

There really is no one dominating aside from Post Malone. Drake has a little left overs from the Scorpion era, but it's fading. 

It's women who seem to be taking over. Ariana, Halsey, Cardi B and Lady Gaga have been doing consistently well week to week. All four women find themselves in the Top 9 on Billboard's artist chart (which uses albums, singles, tours and social media data to rank artists)

Only two solo men are in the top 10 of the artist chart this week; Post Malone #3, Drake #10 

Billie Eilish is surfacing right below the four other women week to week. She could be an added force for women. 

Finally, it's been so long

girlpowertees_girlsrock_storefront_black

JazzGa

Yas, but I think it's more of a coincidence that not a lot of male solo artists aren't releasing right now. 

OR IS IT?

Maybe it's not a coincidence, maybe they are just scared of being burned up in the blazing glory of the pop gurls! :firega:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

ChromaticPrincess

Came here thinking it was gonna be another reverse toxic masculinity thread and I was pleaseantly  surprised

OT: YAAAAAAS Finally, 2019 is truly gonna be that bitch. 

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

DiscoHeaven23
5 minutes ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

Yas, but I think it's more of a coincidence that not a lot of male solo artists aren't releasing right now. 

OR IS IT?

Maybe it's not a coincidence, maybe they are just scared of being burned up in the blazing glory of the pop gurls! :firega:

It's for sure a factor. But the major thing is that these four women are doing so well on their own, that if major male artists did release, the women would still be strong competition. 

There's been many articles about the ebs and flows of men dominating, them women dominating, etc. We saw women in control in the early part of this decade and then it shifted to men as the decade went on. Consumers like change. 

So from my point of view, i think the pendulum is starting to swing over to women. Billie Eilish and Ava Max are starting to become examples of that. Furthermore, think of the women who are about to release later this year. Especially, Rihanna. It will just add to it. 

RodeckDanny

What's the obsession with contrasting men and women all the time, in everything :/

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, DannyRodeck said:

What's the obsession with contrasting men and women all the time, in everything :/

The focus isn't contrasting. It's purely looking at stats and seeing what the music market is doing. Sex (meaning the physical body) and gender obviously play into consumption, so i think it's just interesting to examine the change

Runway
10 minutes ago, DannyRodeck said:

And what about it.gif

Economy

It's phases. If you think about it there's only like a little more than a dozen really big names in music

All it takes is a few from a group releasing (or not releasing) to make one gender dominate more than the other

In 2010 to 2012 for example the charts were extremely female dominated...

Justin Bieber was like the only huge male artist. Then Drake and Bruno Mars started dominating more towards the end of that period or shortly after

1 minute ago, Economy said:

It's phases. If you think about it there's only like a little more than a dozen really big names in music

All it takes is a few from a group releasing (or not releasing) to make one gender dominate more than the other

In 2010 to 2012 for example the charts were extremely female dominated...

Justin Bieber was like the only huge male artist. Then Drake and Bruno Mars started dominating more towards the end of that period or shortly after

I can be wrong but wasn't Bruno already dominating since 2010 :oprah:

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

ARTPOPSTER
4 minutes ago, Varys said:

I can be wrong but wasn't Bruno already dominating since 2010 :oprah:

I don't really remember any of his stuff from that time other than, Millionaire, Grenade, Marry You and Just The Way You Are. 

Archived