Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Adam shirtless vs Janet / Rapper vs M.I.A

River

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, hankhatesyouall said:

SJWs are upset over Adam Levine performing sweaty and naked:madge:

Both of these acts were intentionally profane and demeaning: 
1) The Nipplegate was planned as a lascivious publicity stunt, and (luckily) it backfired. 
2) The profanities were censured. M.I.A.'s middle finger wasn't.

Thank, you next. 

Honey, I'm all for everyone to perform sweaty and naked but make it equal, I don't care about nudity in public, it's beautiful.

The rules of NFL states that nudity by any mean is not allowed so also for men (btw even FIFA is not allowing the players to take off the shirt off for a few years now).

Also the rules states that curses, middle fingers etc are not allowed at all, if you were censored even ones, you need to pay a fine.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Harry said:

While I totally agree with you that big commercial success isn't something she ever strived for/cared about, it doesn't change the fact that the response is a double standard. The NFL sued M.I.A. for millions of dollars because of her middle finger - which barely even make it to broadcast anyway. I highly doubt Travis will go suffer the same public, legal and financial repercussions even though he used actual curse words - and multiple times.

So while I agree with your point and I'm sure you understand what I'm saying, I think it's important not to let M.I.A.'s attitude towards America and commercial success override the double standards being brought into the conversation.

Oh, I do agree with you.... I was just trying to point out another aspect of that case... Hope I didn't derail the conversation:hug:

PS: I LOVE her :flower:

hankhatesyouall
2 hours ago, lego said:

FRWs are upset about women breastfeeding in public, they support punishing Janet for #nipplegate but not Justin Timberlake, yet they have no problem with intentionally sexual performance by a mediocre white man

:classy:

4 minutes ago, hankhatesyouall said:

:classy:

Did that trigger you? Is that all you read?

What you had there before edit? 

FreePalestine

hankhatesyouall
14 minutes ago, lego said:

Did that trigger you? Is that all you read?

What you had there before edit? 

Yes, if that's mediocre, I bet you have very high standards:lolly:
04-adam-levine-tattoos.w700.h700.jpg

5 hours ago, FentyGa said:

Millions?
15094645231509464515.gif

They tried to get over $15m from her but they settled in the end for an undisclosed amount.

4 hours ago, ARPiT said:

Oh, I do agree with you.... I was just trying to point out another aspect of that case... Hope I didn't derail the conversation:hug:

PS: I LOVE her :flower:

Yeah I figured that's what you meant! Just wanted to clarify 100% :) I love her too!

StrawberryBlond
On 2/4/2019 at 4:45 PM, River said:

So yesterday Adam was shirtless live on tv during the Half Time show while doing some sexy rrrr movements for the straight ladies and also the rappers cursed live but it was censored, but kids could hear them at the stadium

But yet this exposure of body and sexual movements went like nothing happen.

I find it disturbing, after what happened to Janet, it was pretty clear that any exposure of the upper body is forbidden, but it's only forbidden to women and not only, it's ok for men to be sexual while women needs to be like a nun.

And let's move on to the rappers, they cursed live, they had the time to censored it, but again, there's no backlash, nothing, while M.I.A did a middle finger and got fined and her career in the US is pretty much over.

I know it's not that serious, I just find this double standards annoying, 2 females career were destroyed, when men are doing the same thing and are getting away with it..

What do you think?

I really don't know why people think toplessness needs to be equal. I'm a woman and I can tell you that I've never wanted to go around topless and no woman I know wants to go around topless. Hello, we actually have breasts, quite sizeable in some cases. They're not really made for letting hang loose. It's painful if they're not supported and they'll sag badly in old age if they're not. Getting them burned in the sun is also not a risk worth taking. As someone of DD breasts, I can honestly say I feel comfier in a bra than out of one. I've even worn a bra when going to bed before. Trust me, the only women wanting to indulge in public toplessness are the attention seekers, the majority of whom probably have small breasts, hence don't have the same issues without a bra. It's no surprise that so many apparently feminist men support #FreeTheNipple movements. They either just want to drool over topless women or have no idea what it's like to be one. We've been operating under the idea of male and female toplessness being different for too long - it would take years of evolutionary re-programming to change, so why bother? It's not going to happen in your lifetime. And personally, I like the fact that women have this area that needs to be covered, as it provides a hot, sexy mystery. It's something about us that makes us different from men. I don't know what straight man would want women to be on the same topless footing. Do they want the hotness of female breasts to vanish? Looks like women in the sex industry will be out of a job then! Isn't that not an industry that some feminists want? For a sex positive movement, this is one of the most prudish decisions to take away the sexual nature of a woman's breasts. See what I just did by turning it around? Just another way of looking at it!

But for what it's worth, Janet's career didn't deserve to end for it, planned stunt gone wrong or not. The decision to end her career afterwards but not Justin's was sexist, I'll give you that. As for MIA's middle finger - it wasn't planned, so of course she's going to get fined. Any male would also be. You're really not comparing the right things here. I'm all for feminism, but you've got to apply it to the right situations. I'd understand if you made the same complaints if a man whipped his genitals out and showed a middle finger but that's not what happened.

34 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I really don't know why people think toplessness needs to be equal. I'm a woman and I can tell you that I've never wanted to go around topless and no woman I know wants to go around topless. Hello, we actually have breasts, quite sizeable in some cases. They're not really made for letting hang loose. It's painful if they're not supported and they'll sag badly in old age if they're not. Getting them burned in the sun is also not a risk worth taking. As someone of DD breasts, I can honestly say I feel comfier in a bra than out of one. I've even worn a bra when going to bed before. Trust me, the only women wanting to indulge in public toplessness are the attention seekers, the majority of whom probably have small breasts, hence don't have the same issues without a bra. It's no surprise that so many apparently feminist men support #FreeTheNipple movements. They either just want to drool over topless women or have no idea what it's like to be one. We've been operating under the idea of male and female toplessness being different for too long - it would take years of evolutionary re-programming to change, so why bother? It's not going to happen in your lifetime. And personally, I like the fact that women have this area that needs to be covered, as it provides a hot, sexy mystery. It's something about us that makes us different from men. I don't know what straight man would want women to be on the same topless footing. Do they want the hotness of female breasts to vanish? Looks like women in the sex industry will be out of a job then! Isn't that not an industry that some feminists want? For a sex positive movement, this is one of the most prudish decisions to take away the sexual nature of a woman's breasts. See what I just did by turning it around? Just another way of looking at it!

But for what it's worth, Janet's career didn't deserve to end for it, planned stunt gone wrong or not. The decision to end her career afterwards but not Justin's was sexist, I'll give you that. As for MIA's middle finger - it wasn't planned, so of course she's going to get fined. Any male would also be. You're really not comparing the right things here. I'm all for feminism, but you've got to apply it to the right situations. I'd understand if you made the same complaints if a man whipped his genitals out and showed a middle finger but that's not what happened.

You (!) don't want and unfortunately, you're not the only woman in the world, so some, majority or minority, want this to be equal and it should be, like everything, from marriage, to be able to vote, to wear pants, everything should be equal.

In Europe women can be topless and Europe is not burning.

Conservatives are the reason why nudity = sex, nudity was never about sex, you can be naked next to someone without looking at their penis or breasts all the time, the hiding is what causing people to drool over it.

And we are talking about nipples and breasts, they are not supposed to be sexual at all!

But actually the case here is about formality and NFL rules, they clearly says that nudity by any mean, is not allowed and not only, Adam was like pretty much doing sexual moves on stage.. suddenly it's ok to be sexual in front of the kids?

So if it was planned it's even worst, it's just show the hypocrisy, suddenly it's ok for kids in the crowed to hear slurs? to hear bitches, p-ssy and sh-it? the kids in the crowed didn't have a censorship, but middle finger for 1 second is the worst thing ever?

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

StrawberryBlond
On 2/5/2019 at 9:57 PM, River said:

You (!) don't want and unfortunately, you're not the only woman in the world, so some, majority or minority, want this to be equal and it should be, like everything, from marriage, to be able to vote, to wear pants, everything should be equal.

In Europe women can be topless and Europe is not burning.

Conservatives are the reason why nudity = sex, nudity was never about sex, you can be naked next to someone without looking at their penis or breasts all the time, the hiding is what causing people to drool over it.

And we are talking about nipples and breasts, they are not supposed to be sexual at all!

But actually the case here is about formality and NFL rules, they clearly says that nudity by any mean, is not allowed and not only, Adam was like pretty much doing sexual moves on stage.. suddenly it's ok to be sexual in front of the kids?

So if it was planned it's even worst, it's just show the hypocrisy, suddenly it's ok for kids in the crowed to hear slurs? to hear bitches, p-ssy and sh-it? the kids in the crowed didn't have a censorship, but middle finger for 1 second is the worst thing ever?

Don't know what the exclamation mark was for, but ok. Yeah, I am just one woman but that doesn't mean I should be listened to? For the record, I don't know any other woman personally who does want it either. You may say I'm wanting my way but so are you! And no, actually, you can't make the decision on a minority vote, so no, it has to be majority.

Yeah, in Europe (where I live and where I think you do too) women can be topless and yet no one seems to be doing it, apart from topless/nude beaches. Almost like...no one truly wants it 24/7 so therefore it would be a pointless law to make. Here's the reason most women don't do it - they know they'd get sexually harrassed and assaulted, more than they are already. These two things happen regardless of what women wear so it will increase tenfold if we're topless. Plenty of men think that a woman in a miniskirt is asking for it. Naturally, those same men will think a woman's definitely asking for it if she's topless. Recipe for disaster. Just think about how it's like for women before you try to claim it would all be equal utopia. Like I said before, its taken us years of evolution for us to see women's breasts as sexual and would take years more to undo it all, so what's the point? We might not even be around to see the "benefits" of it. And we certainly shouldn't risk the sexual harrasment and assault of women until we get re-programmed.

Obviously, nudity means something different for men and women, that's why. Obviously, topless men are acceptable in society at large, so why should it be not allowed at the NFL? Men have been topless on the SB before and no one on GGD kicked up a fuss about double standards. It's only because it's Maroon 5 involved that GGD's pulling a double standard of their own. And Adam was doing sexual moves? What, moving his hips side to side slightly? Even my mother in her 60's thought that looked pathetic. I said it wouldn't look out of place at a church disco. You're highly exaggerating these sexualised moves again, because it's Maroon 5 doing it.

It hardly mattered what words Travis said because he was rapping so fast and so incoherently that I couldn't make head nor tail of what he was saying, even through an HD TV. I highly doubt anyone in that stadium, with much more cluttered acoustics and outdoor noise level, could understand either. If no one heard it, what is there to prosecute?

JustHMLover
On 2/4/2019 at 6:45 PM, River said:

I find it disturbing, after what happened to Janet, it was pretty clear that any exposure of the upper body is forbidden, but it's only forbidden to women and not only, it's ok for men to be sexual while women needs to be like a nun.

And let's move on to the rappers, they cursed live, they had the time to censored it, but again, there's no backlash, nothing, while M.I.A did a middle finger and got fined and her career in the US is pretty much over.

Neither Janet or M.I.A. had great careers going for them tbh... I doubt the superbowl did anything but buzz for them. And shirtless Adam was the best thing that happened last sunday so :oops:

ZiggyZiggs
26 minutes ago, JustHMLover said:

Neither Janet or M.I.A. had great careers going for them tbh... I doubt the superbowl did anything but buzz for them. And shirtless Adam was the best thing that happened last sunday so :oops:

Um do u know the impact and the acclaim and the sales Janet had going for her before she was blacklisted? Cuz it sounds like u don’t 

JustHMLover
54 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

Um do u know the impact and the acclaim and the sales Janet had going for her before she was blacklisted? Cuz it sounds like u don’t 

do you? cuz she still got awarded n sh*t...

Archived