💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Adam shirtless vs Janet / Rapper vs M.I.A

River

Featured Posts

So yesterday Adam was shirtless live on tv during the Half Time show while doing some sexy rrrr movements for the straight ladies and also the rappers cursed live but it was censored, but kids could hear them at the stadium

But yet this exposure of body and sexual movements went like nothing happen.

I find it disturbing, after what happened to Janet, it was pretty clear that any exposure of the upper body is forbidden, but it's only forbidden to women and not only, it's ok for men to be sexual while women needs to be like a nun.

And let's move on to the rappers, they cursed live, they had the time to censored it, but again, there's no backlash, nothing, while M.I.A did a middle finger and got fined and her career in the US is pretty much over.

I know it's not that serious, I just find this double standards annoying, 2 females career were destroyed, when men are doing the same thing and are getting away with it..

What do you think?

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Borislshere

This is what annoyed me the most. Any backlash last nights show and the NFL gets from this is well deserved. They nearly ruined Janet and M.I.A.'s career over those small incidents yet Adam put on a strip show and Tavis was dropping cuss words every five seconds. Had a female performer done either of those, they'd have to go into retirement. :madge:

I think it's such a joke people care so much about an arbitrary body part.

What's so evil about a nip?

giphy.gif

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

DelusionalGaga

Yeah, it's a gross double standard. It's kinda like Tumblr blocking "female-presenting nipples" specifically. :saladga:

Ryusei

honestly the M.I.A thing is different. they knew there are curse words in sicko mode and were able to censor accordingly while I'm sure M.I.A's middle finger came out of nowhere for them and they couldnt do anything about it (as ridiculous as it is)

And I still cant help but think the janet thing is a publicity stunt gone wrong, why would he rip that thing away if it wasnt planned why could he rip it away in the first place, why is there a giant star piercing or whatever the f*ck over her nipple... either way the reaction was way exaggerated once again and shouldnt have been the way it was. It looked very rehearsed like I don't think justin timberlake in 2004 thought: hell yeh time to ruin this bitches career like... no

Musery

Phoebe Buffay
9 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

And I still cant help but think the janet thing is a publicity stunt gone wrong, why would he rip that thing away if it wasnt planned why could he rip it away in the first place, why is there a giant star piercing or whatever the f*ck over her nipple... either way the reaction was way exaggerated once again and shouldnt have been the way it was. It looked very rehearsed like I don't think justin timberlake in 2004 thought: hell yeh time to ruin this bitches career like... no

he was supposed to rip the black leather clothing only, so the red lace underneath it could show but he accidentally ripped the whole "bra" apart.

I thought the same thing about Travis Scott.....like is no one saying anything about the fact he swore on it?!? Like seriously, that should be considered more controversial than any half time show moment before, nips and fingers included :oprah:

While I agree with you, I don't think M.I.A. career was "over" because of this. I think even though Paper Planes became a mega hit, she stayed in her lane and did whatever the fuq she wanted to do. She didn't, at all, try to appease the American audience. 

Like did you see what she released after Paper Planes became a big hit? The lead single of her next album? BORN FREE!!

Watch the video and tell me whether she really wanted a career in US:

hankhatesyouall

SJWs are upset over Adam Levine performing sweaty and naked:madge:

Both of these acts were intentionally profane and demeaning: 
1) The Nipplegate was planned as a lascivious publicity stunt, and (luckily) it backfired. 
2) The profanities were censured. M.I.A.'s middle finger wasn't.

Thank you, next. 

Princess Stache
40 minutes ago, River said:

I know it's not that serious, I just find this double standards annoying, 2 females career were destroyed, when men are doing the same thing and are getting away with it..

I think it is a kinda serious tbh!  I agree with everything you say!  Justin (a man) exposed Janet and got invited back for his own Halftime show meanwhile HER career was ruined!  Gaga is threatened to be fined for making any political statements?  But Adam Levine is allowed to put on a BARELY mediocre show and sexualize himself on stage with no backlash?  The blatant sexism f*cking triggers me.  If you can preach "family values" against women, men should be held to the EXACT same standard.

15 minutes ago, hankhatesyouall said:

SJWs are upset over Adam Levine performing sweaty and naked:madge:

Both of these acts were intentionally profane and demeaning: 
1) The Nipplegate was planned as a lascivious publicity stunt, and (luckily) it backfired. 
2) The profanities were censured. M.I.A.'s middle finger wasn't.

Thank, you next. 

FRWs are upset about women breastfeeding in public, they support punishing Janet for #nipplegate but not Justin Timberlake, yet they have no problem with intentionally sexual performance by a mediocre white man. 

FreePalestine

24 minutes ago, ARPiT said:

While I agree with you, I don't think M.I.A. career was "over" because of this. I think even though Paper Planes became a mega hit, she stayed in her lane and did whatever the fuq she wanted to do. She didn't, at all, try to appease the American audience. 

Like did you see what she released after Paper Planes became a big hit? The lead single of her next album? BORN FREE!!

Watch the video and tell me whether she really wanted a career in US:

While I totally agree with you that big commercial success isn't something she ever strived for/cared about, it doesn't change the fact that the response is a double standard. The NFL sued M.I.A. for millions of dollars because of her middle finger - which barely even make it to broadcast anyway. I highly doubt Travis will go suffer the same public, legal and financial repercussions even though he used actual curse words - and multiple times.

So while I agree with your point and I'm sure you understand what I'm saying, I think it's important not to let M.I.A.'s attitude towards America and commercial success override the double standards being brought into the conversation.

FentyGa
35 minutes ago, Harry said:

While I totally agree with you that big commercial success isn't something she ever strived for/cared about, it doesn't change the fact that the response is a double standard. The NFL sued M.I.A. for millions of dollars because of her middle finger - which barely even make it to broadcast anyway. I highly doubt Travis will go suffer the same public, legal and financial repercussions even though he used actual curse words - and multiple times.

So while I agree with your point and I'm sure you understand what I'm saying, I think it's important not to let M.I.A.'s attitude towards America and commercial success override the double standards being brought into the conversation.

Millions?
15094645231509464515.gif

Archived