Gaga Daily Youtube
lgbt

Study shows that European gay men increasingly vote far-right extremists

Featured Posts

Supersonic

In the 2018 U.S. midterm elections, 82% of LGBTQ voters voted for Democrats, America’s more pro-LGBTQ political party. But in many other Western countries “right-wing and virulently homophobic parties enjoy considerable support among gay voters,” says Samuel Huneke, a gay historian at Stanford University who studies modern European culture.

Huneke looked at voting data from 14 elections in five Western countries — the US, UK, France, Germany and Brazil — and then published a recent article on the troubling phenomenon. It it, Huneke observed:

LGBT voters in other [non-U.S.] countries were less likely to support the conservative (or in some cases far-right) party by an average of only seven percent. And when you look only at gay men, the results are even more striking. In other countries, gay men were, on average, more likely than the general electorate to support the conservative or far-right party.

For example, a 2015 French poll showed 26% of gay and bisexual male voters supporting Marine Le Pen, the anti-gay politician with the far-right National Front party — only 16% of straight voters supported Le Pen. That same year, 38% of gay male couples voted for Le Pen’s party whereas only 29% of straight couples did the same.

lgbtvoterchart.png

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2019/02/gay-men-increasingly-voting-anti-lgbtq-right-wingers-says-new-study/?utm_campaign=wp-to-twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Majestic, the future is electric.
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 22

ARealWildMan

In reality, the UK has no real left wing parties and anything's preferable to Corbyn (and the Conservatives aren't far right)

The French do? Ah, now it makes sense

we could belong together
  • Like 6
  • Sad 2

ReginaGeorge

The fact that gay people vote for someone who is against everything they represent and who publicly speaks against it is really worrying. I don’t understand why. Maybe they agree with different parts of their political views and think they can change their views on LGBT rights? I don’t think it’s the fact that they are closeted because this is clearly statistically done on openly gay people. 

Edited by ReginaGeorge
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Morphine Prince

We all know why. It doesn’t need to be said. If you know, you know. 

Your silence is my favorite sound
  • Like 29

Supersonic
1 minute ago, ReginaGeorge said:

The fact that gay people vote for someone who is against everything they represent and who publicly speaks against it is really worrying. I don’t and I can’t  understand why. Maybe they agree with different parts of their political views and think they can change their views on LGBT right? 

It's interesting to notice that is specifically only gay men. If you look at the data of how the entire LGBT+ spectrum votes, you see that it's actually a lot more left leaning. 12% of all gay voters in Germany voted far-right, while only 2,7% of all LGBT people overall in Germany voted far-right.

Majestic, the future is electric.
  • Like 4
  • Shook 3

corvus albus

This is incredibly upsetting to see but sadly not very hard to believe. These idiots don't understand that when the alt-right has their current target removed they're going to be the next target. Don't vote for parties with a 1950'sview of the world guys. It's the only advice that will work here.

You weren't meant for me
  • Like 7
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 2

ReginaGeorge
9 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

We all know why. It doesn’t need to be said. If you know, you know. 

Can you share why? 

• Like 1

JustAnother
3 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

This is incredibly upsetting to see but sadly not very hard to believe. These idiots don't understand that when the alt-right has their current target removed they're going to be the next target. Don't vote for parties with a 1950'sview of the world guys. It's the only advice that will work here.

More like 1990s/2000s democratic views, atleast in the US... 

barnabesk

Ugh, it's sad but at the same time the level of racism in the gay dating scene is horrifying, so it's not surprising

• Like 11
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

corvus albus
1 minute ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Can you share why? 

Xenophobia and fear of immigration because this is the current target of the alt-right in Europe.

You weren't meant for me
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1

SHALLOW

One of my “friends” did it actually. But it’s only cause he’s miserable and he hates himself and  also cause he’s kinda racist. 

Edited by SHALLOW
Don't you know my a$$ is famous?
  • Like 1
  • Sad 7

corvus albus
Just now, JustAnother said:

More like 1990s/2000s democratic views, atleast in the US... 

Democrats in 1990 didn't want LGBT people to be dead like most Republicans even now :huntyga:

Also I was more alluding to the whole worldview, not just LGBTQ rights. If someone is mentally stuck in the 1950s you know he/she would never support you and the same goes for parties that have this worldview. 

You weren't meant for me
  • Like 5