💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Is "Thank U, Next" Shaping up to be Ariana Grandes "Teenage Dream" era?

27monster27

Featured Posts

27monster27

NUMBERS-WISE NOT BASED ON SOUND. Now please stop coming for me. :sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat:

Katy Perrys Teenage Dream era was a massive moment in pop music. This was mainly because it produced five number ones (Six if you include Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection.), and a total six top three hits (Eight if you include Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection.). Ariana Grandes current era (Which technically is the "second half" of the Sweetener era.) has just spawned two very strong number one hits. With her current reputation in the public eye, there are definitely more to come. Is it possible that this could be Ariana Grandes Teenage Dream era? Discuss.

he/him/his

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DiscoHeaven23

Well..so far yes, numbers wise lol

Though it could be a LOUD era, where RiRi's first 3 went number one and that was it for #1s

OR a The Fame era, when only the first two go #1

Antichrist

i NEVER in my life thought i'd say this, but how dare you compare that 'thing' to the pop perfection that was TD era :emma:

Gagaism

I like Ari at all, she becomes huge with great numbers and charts, but this is not even compared with TD era. I don’t thing these songs released are going to be memorable how was TD songs.

27monster27
3 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

i NEVER in my life thought i'd say this, but how dare you compare that 'thing' to the pop perfection that was TD era :emma:

I am comparing numbers-wise, not quality-wise.

he/him/his

Antichrist
1 minute ago, 27monster27 said:

I am comparing numbers-wise, not quality-wise.

numbers, maybe, unless she says something completely basic & twitter goes mad overanalyzing it & canceling her for being 'racees'

Spoiler

oh nevermind, basic :emma: she should've been canceled ages ago :emma:

Cloudbusting

I honestly think she can have another number 1 debut when the album drops but that's about it.. the songs this era are more frontloaded 

ANTI WP
4 minutes ago, fabskt said:

I honestly think she can have another number 1 debut when the album drops but that's about it.. the songs this era are more frontloaded 

Wut ? :what:

holy scheisse

Could be. Unless these are the strongest songs... I hope she saved her aces and it is her peak TD/1989/TFM moment whatever it looks like 

Idk music is different now. Ya the numbers might be huge, but there is no impact or movement associated with any of her work or really any of the new pop girls work. They just kinda release singles and albums and that’s it, there’s no influence or lasting cultural impact. 

migamiga

never thought id be the one to defend katy's legacy but katy out-iconed ari with california gurls alone. these singles are hits cause of momentum. katy actually had great pop songs and promoted the hell out of them. not trying to take anything away from ari cause i do like her but this is what TD would say to TUN

Spoiler

also i feel like we as society get tired of things even quicker now so i can't see her dominance lasting that much longer. sadly the hate train will come quick cause she's pretty much overexposed right now with three current singles but best of luck to her. i really want a celine/whitney/mariah era from her and i feel like deep down she does too but is probably too afraid or is persuaded by the label not to

No, the music quality alone doesn't even shape up to be anything compared to Teenage Dream :ladyhaha:

If anything it's more like her "PRISM" era :triggered:

Archived