đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Full Actress Roundtable (Gaga, Glenn Close, Nicole Kidman and more)

Defmix100

Featured Posts

WHAT THE

THE COVER

I'm actually really excited to see this once I leave work, but

OH MY GOD

3 points in and ready for more

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Schizophonic

what do we think of the moment she says that she is holding back certain moves and faces from her fans to keep them in her private life? it feels wird that she implies that she all the time fully controlls her face while with us.

Defmix100
7 minutes ago, Schizophonic said:

what do we think of the moment she says that she is holding back certain moves and faces from her fans to keep them in her private life? it feels wird that she implies that she all the time fully controlls her face while with us.

I think when you're such a big celebrity and in the limelight it's best to keep a part of yourself for yourself and your loved ones

Amazing interview. Who cares about the album cover mistake? I love to see a group of talented powerful women just talking about their stuff without drama, shade or whatever. Imagine if this could be posible with the popstars. (Madonna, Rihanna, Gaga, B', Katy, etc.), talking about their careers, topics, etc., I don't know if they'd be willing to do something like that tbh, but it would be POWERFUL, fanbases need to know these women we admire, they are not in a Mortal Kombat tournament, they're artists and colleagues.

Seriously, how can we make that happen?

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

15 minutes ago, Schizophonic said:

I think she was kind of saying two different things. First, that she's aware of how she looks when she performs (her face and jaw, and probably her more "aggressive" and "strong" hand movements) and wanting Ally to look different.

And then the other part, about holding things back, I think she meant more emotionally, like she wanted Ally to act more vulnerable on stage, and she herself feels those things too but she doesn't show them, if that makes sense. Like she tapped into more private things she doesn't share with fans in order to create Ally. That was my interpretation anyway!

Great interview overall, she did seem really into learning from everyone, which is lovely.

beaublue

Lmao they do moan in agreement a lot... either way I’m happy I get to finally watch it, we’ve waited long enough

Tbh I found this wildly sexist. The Actors Roundtable got real questions about their craft. This one got a few but it was mostly centered on "being a woman" and woman this, woman that. It felt almost like pandering to them and condescension especially for people as accomplished as these women all are. Why can't they get the kind of beefy questions that the boys got or that the directors got?

However, that aside, "The star that is born is bravery!" Gaga :laughga:

and Kathryn Hahn is amazing and I loved every bit of her in this

joanoflark
1 minute ago, Ziggy said:

Tbh I found this wildly sexist. The Actors Roundtable got real questions about their craft. This one got a few but it was mostly centered on "being a woman" and woman this, woman that. It felt almost like pandering to them and condescension especially for people as accomplished as these women all are. Why can't they get the kind of beefy questions that the boys got or that the directors got?

did you see the roundtable of 2017 I think when Isabelle Huppert pointed out how one question he asked her was misogynist? i liiiived. 

Just now, fayecuntaway said:

did you see the roundtable of 2017 I think when Isabelle Huppert pointed out how one question he asked her was misogynist? i liiiived. 

I literally talked about this with the guy I'm dating as I watched it. Ugh. We love a cold, professional queen. The way she talks about acting like it's a job and not like she's a cultural deity is dope.

freebit

Finally. I'll watch later (though I read the transcript back in November).  

3 hours ago, Ziggy said:

This always happens during every actress roundtable since about 2012 when all media seemingly become so performatively "woke". The worst I've seen though is the 2016 and 2017 Comedy Actress roundtables - the atmosphere was so tense and stiff compared to the Comedy Actor roundtable (where the guys actually got to enjoy themselves and answer a variety of questions not tied to their gender). It's tedious because these women answer questions about about feminism all the time in other interviews and on social media. I think at this point its no longer interesting to see these actresses answer questions about salary disparity and #MeToo because everyone is on guard and nobody wants to mess up, so it feels very PR-ed and dull. I think my favorite roundtable was this one from 2010 because the conversation was actually allowed to go somewhere interesting, and we got actual insight into their acting process with bits of interesting info spilled here and there - like HBC turning down Lars von Trier's Breaking the Waves because she got a bad feeling about him. It was way more casual (except Hilary Swank sometimes trying to take over and do the most, but sis had good intentions):

Defmix100
6 hours ago, monketsharona said:

Not her shading the Countess :saladga:

what did she say? I watched the full thing but don't remember hearing about the Countess

Edit: found it, dunno how I missed that

2 hours ago, monketsharona said:

Not her shading the Countess :saladga:

Shading by pointing out that the Countess is a horrible....thing? :ladyhaha: It's not exactly a lie.

Archived