💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

“Ava Max isn’t out of Lady Gaga’s shadow yet”

Thomas P

Featured Posts

Thomas P

“All of those songs contribute to Max’s bid to become the most extra of the yas queens, but they rarely rise above the level of cliche. She doesn’t have another single that pops like “Sweet But Psycho,” nor does she have anything yet that will get her out of Gaga’s shadow. Just go back and listen to a string of those Gaga classics and you’ll realize Max’s output follows suit yet falls short in terms of lyrics, production, melody, dynamics, personality, and every other conceivable metric. If Gaga came back with an album of classic Gaga club bangers — and let’s all pray that comes to pass this year — Max might be vaporized on the spot.

To be fair, Max, who studiously goes out of her way to name just about every other female pop legend as an influence, has not stated outright that she’s trying to take over Gaga’s old turf in this post-Joanne, post-A Star Is Bornera. On the other hand, her songs state her intentions plainly enough — and I do mean plainly. Given that Gaga herself has often been accused of ripping off Madonna, a low-budget Gaga facsimile can’t help but feel like what Win Butler once dismissed as “just a reflection of a reflection of a reflection.” Max is going to have to step up her game to have a shot at extending these 15 minutes.” https://www.stereogum.com/2029230/sweet-but-psycho-ava-max/franchises/the-week-in-pop/

This article is very unfair, because I really think she hasn’t got the chance to prove herself yet, and they’re giving her the Gaga treatment with Madonna that wasn’t fair then, and still isn’t fair now. :triggered:

Sometimes I wish people could let female singers do well on their own without launching criticisms at them right when they start to blow up. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WorstBehavior

They are definitely being a bit extra. But I don’t see how she’s the next Gaga tho. People thought Gaga would be the next Madonna. And she proved to have her own throne. Ava could be the same. She’s still very fresh. She’ll probably change her music direction in a year from now.

I don't understand this obsession that people have in diminishing Ava Max. As a Little Monster I'm glad people are excited about ava's music and praise her for being euphoric like Gaga. Maybe it's nothing like the power of THE FAME, but it does not have to be either. People are only seeing a freshness, the same that Gaga brought in 2008/2009

:excuseu:

crisTEAne

i really hope that we, as a gaga's little monsters, will not turn into actual monsters by trying to bring down a fellow female pop artist. just give her time, jesus. 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Nicogly

I mean Sweet but Psycho sounds like someone who studied gaga. That’s okay if you make it your own. But her own seems to be a taylor swift take on gaga. Idk lets let her do her own thang 

Rock On and A Last One For the Road 🚬

StarstruckIllusion

I’m so disappointed in this fanbase for how they’re treating Ava Max. Especially after how we got treated by Madonna fans. 

hardcore1996

Tbh, I think if she didnt have similar

physical features to Gaga there would be little comparison. If she had a round face, button nose and brown hair we wouldn’t have a new thread everytime she preforms. Just my opinion though 

People need to stop worshipping her on this site. She's not relevant to Gaga under any categories :tea:

"I heard if you record Gaga snoring and play it backward it sounds like an act. 2 unreleased."

Pennywise

Who is Ava Max?

I honestly don't ever hear about them outside this website.

Do they have bops and stuff?

giphy.gif

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Dominic

Give the girl a chance first tbh

Also your sig bothers me Bryoncé  :fan:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Dominic
1 minute ago, littlefreakster said:

Who is Ava Max?

I honestly don't ever hear about them outside this website.

Do they have bops and stuff?

giphy.gif

She went #1 in the UK  :coffee:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

• Zilla locked this topic

Archived