💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

"Beyoncé dreams of winning an Academy Award"

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

Taylorrgh
On 1/26/2019 at 2:44 PM, StrawberryBlond said:

Beyonce is the lead. All the details are on Wikipedia. Under Beyonce's filmography, it states "Dreamgirls/Deena Jones/leading role." When you click on Dreamgirls, the movie poster mentions 3 names on it - Jamie Foxx, Beyonce Knowles and Eddie Murphy." If you look at the casting list, Beyonce's name shows up second from the top, where the top 2 spots are only reserved for leading actor and actress. She plays the lead singer of the group, which suggests leading role. And in every award ceremony where she got nominated for the role, she is categorised as "Best Actress" or "Best Leading Actress" whereas Jennifer Hudson was always put into "Best Supporting Actress" including for her Oscar, which she won.

This does not mean anything. Anyone who has seen or researched Dreamgirls knows that Effie White is the leading role and which the main plot and story revolves around. Beyonce was top billed only because she was already an established and it made it easier to market the movie and score nominations. so that means nothing. BTW nominations for the Oscars and other award shows are based on submissions. So more than likely the only reason Beyonce received a "Best Actress" nomination because that's how her team submitted it. Like I said in my earlier post, it doesn't matter how Hollywod tries to market their movies, in reality Beyonce was not the leading actress at all.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Taylorrgh
On 1/26/2019 at 2:44 PM, StrawberryBlond said:

Some singers have done so badly in movies that they decided never to act again (Madonna, Mariah, Britney)

This is false as Mariah done many more films after glitter such as the critically acclaimed movies The Butler and Precious where her roles were praised. She has also done some voice acting on Tv shows such as "American Dad and The Proud family" she also had a recurring role on the critically acclaimed drama "Empire". 

JLoveLamar

I was not ever going to post on this website again because I got an unfair warning in August, but after the meltdown when Black Panther won best ensamble and now the delusion of Gaga restarting a trend, I had to come on here and give my say! How can Gaga have started a trend when an influx of singers doing films has not even restarted? The delusion? Beyonce has been saying for damn near a decade it was her dream to be the first Black woman to win a Grammy, a Tony and an Oscar. Little did she know, Whoopi Goldberg had already beat her to the punch. If you want to go off on her, go off for that. Not the aspirations. All of y'all were acting critics when the first ASIB trailer came out and you were saying Gaga couldn't act from that. Now, she has started a trend. Now, y'all are downing Beyonce for something she said in 2002, and has not repeated since her Sasha Fierce days. Y'all really need to be stopped!

StrawberryBlond
On 1/26/2019 at 9:02 PM, Borislshere said:

“GaGA StARteD A TrEND!!”

“The 85-year-old actor - who is a two-time Academy Award winner - has revealed that Beyonce spoke to him about her acting ambitions when they were working together on the 2002 comedy movie 'Austin Powers in Goldmember'.”

I can't even view the article in the first place. When I do, it says because I'm in Europe, it goes against the GDPR in my region to access it, so not all of us can see this and are just going by the title. Just so you know that we aren't all incapable of reading. My question is, if this is indeed the case, why is it being framed as if it's something said recently?

12 hours ago, Tyler Henry said:

This does not mean anything. Anyone who has seen or researched Dreamgirls knows that Effie White is the leading role and which the main plot and story revolves around. Beyonce was top billed only because she was already an established and it made it easier to market the movie and score nominations. so that means nothing. BTW nominations for the Oscars and other award shows are based on submissions. So more than likely the only reason Beyonce received a "Best Actress" nomination because that's how her team submitted it. Like I said in my earlier post, it doesn't matter how Hollywod tries to market their movies, in reality Beyonce was not the leading actress at all.

These are all good points but what's ultimately going to swing it is how many accumulative minutes they each spent on screen. That's the ultimate decider in how you're categorised. Can you give me an estimation on that?

12 hours ago, Tyler Henry said:

This is false as Mariah done many more films after glitter such as the critically acclaimed movies The Butler and Precious where her roles were praised. She has also done some voice acting on Tv shows such as "American Dad and The Proud family" she also had a recurring role on the critically acclaimed drama "Empire". 

I should have specified that in her case I meant leading roles. She's only done supporting roles and tv roles ever since Glitter.

11 hours ago, JLoveLamar said:

I was not ever going to post on this website again because I got an unfair warning in August, but after the meltdown when Black Panther won best ensamble and now the delusion of Gaga restarting a trend, I had to come on here and give my say! How can Gaga have started a trend when an influx of singers doing films has not even restarted? The delusion? Beyonce has been saying for damn near a decade it was her dream to be the first Black woman to win a Grammy, a Tony and an Oscar. Little did she know, Whoopi Goldberg had already beat her to the punch. If you want to go off on her, go off for that. Not the aspirations. All of y'all were acting critics when the first ASIB trailer came out and you were saying Gaga couldn't act from that. Now, she has started a trend. Now, y'all are downing Beyonce for something she said in 2002, and has not repeated since her Sasha Fierce days. Y'all really need to be stopped!

Katy Perry was saying recently saying that she wanted to do movies. I thought up until now that this quote from Beyonce was from this year. And for what it's worth, we all know full well there's now going to be many singers wanting to act after this or at the very least, we'll see an influx wanting to write for movies in the hopes of getting an Oscar for best song. It doesn't take a genius to work that out. And most of us were not saying that Gaga couldn't act from the ASIB trailer, the exact opposite and there was already buzz for her acting before the trailer even came out. And as I said previously, some of us can't even read the article if we're in Europe and even then, because this has just been reported, it was understandable that we could judge based on the title alone and assume it was recent.

But wow, did Beyonce really think no black women had ever achieved the EGOT and just said it without doing proper research first? You said if we can go off on her, we can for that and I will. Giving me Sam Smith "first openly gay man to win an Oscar" vibes. Seriously, how hard is it for these people to take 2 seconds to Google something? Or are their egos so big they think all their thoughts must be the only right ones?

Guillaume Hamon
On 1/25/2019 at 1:33 AM, Tyler Henry said:

I never seen so many haters of one person before. Beyoncé is a very talented woman; if she works hard enough, she can achieve it

Well up there you have Justin bieber 5 years years ago and maybe Taylor 2 or 3 years ago..

The bigger the career the more hater you get I suppose... When gaga was huge she had a ton of them too but then she got ARTPOP and haters had a bashing fest then they calm down since they weren't as jealous anymore.

Guillaume Hamon
13 hours ago, JLoveLamar said:

but after the meltdown when Black Panther won best ensamble

I wouldn't have a meltdown over that lol but we all know it was more a way to praise diversity rather than the actual performances.

This price never goes for the whole cast of a superhero movie yet this one being the typical superhero movie but with a black cast get it? I mean it's not hating to call a spade a spade and say it's a way for Hollywood to make the movie more iconic by adding this accolade.

Same with the best drama nom' at the GG/ best picture Oscar nom that no super hero movie ever get usually. I saw many people laughing at these noms as well and surely some were just pissed off by it cause it's a movie with a black cast getting recognition but many were just saying the obvious.

Guillaume Hamon
On 1/26/2019 at 2:13 AM, Tyler Henry said:

Beyonce did a stunning job given the character she was casted as.

True she did well with this one and folks fake not seing it.

Guillaume Hamon
On 1/24/2019 at 8:09 PM, kyanewest said:

. Out of the blue it became her goal right when Gaga's acting career is starting to flourish. Coincidence? I think not

Many years ago i was already hearing rumors about Beyoncé having the goal of getting an Oscar. No link with gaga.

I loved Beyonce in Obsessed with Idris Elba. :flutter: Y’all just hate the woman for no reason.

FreePalestine

StrawberryBlond
48 minutes ago, lego said:

I loved Beyonce in Obsessed with Idris Elba. :flutter: Y’all just hate the woman for no reason.

I've not seen it but while being a clear Fatal Attraction knock-off with a super predictable plot (all of which was completely revealed in the trailer), from what I have seen from the clips, she actually seems competent in the role so I don't know why she was nominated for Worst Actress. Out of all the roles she's ever played to varying degrees of acting, this was not the one she should've got it for. I'm really interested in checking out Cadillac Records after seeing the trailer and some of her clips. No joke, she looks Oscar worthy in what I've seen, so I'm shocked that she got next to no recognition for this role. But the fact that the film made just under $9 million on a $12 million budget was likely the main cause of it. Back in 2008, I think your film had to have a bit of commercial clout to get noticed and not enough people cared. I think the film was a bit ahead of its time with its themes. I'm sure such a film made today would have been widely advertised, had lots of people willing to see it and would have got Beyonce a Golden Globe at the very least. Sometimes, timing can be treacherous. It looks like for three films in a row (Dreamgirls, Cadillac Records, Obsessed), she was going through an acting purple patch but it just seems like at that time, the world wasn't clamouring for her to be an actress. Nowadays, it would be very different.

But I don't think most of us hate her for no reason. Most of us think her music is not all that and dislike her attitude and past decisions. Seems valid reasoning and it's widely cited as the reasons yet we're told that we hate her inexplicably every time the chance arises.

Archived