💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

"All The Stars" deserves Best Original Song more than "Shallow"

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

freebit

Um...ok. There's is nothing sonically interesting about ATS. It's a cute girl, but that's about it. This writer basically saying it will be timeless is a bit of a reach. People only really root for it because they want Kendrick to rack up another award IMO.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suspiria
16 hours ago, SKANK said:

Author of the article:

Shallow "panders to people who are afraid of change..." aka white dudes. Same criticism Gaga got when she released Joanne.

It's Salon, don't take it too seriously.

Does she even realise that the song was written for a character? In a film? As an essential part of the story? I don't even know what to say...

The mere fact that she has to staple "Shallow" in order to justify "All the stars" is self-explanatory.....

When you believe something's the best there is, you don't need to bring down its surroundings to elevate it! The same goes with telling someone how great they are, you don't need to tell em' that they're better than Jack or DIane, you just tell them they're amazing, period!

Nothing's wrong with her believing ATS is worthy of the Oscar but the reference to Shallow is lame and unwarranted in my humble view. 

11 hours ago, S0436 said:

It would be a massive shock if Shallow loses, it has won every award it has been nominated in so far.  If they want to make a point, they are more likely to give BP an Oscar in one of the movie related categories than for a song.

To be honest, I don't think it deserves any awards. It was there due to the political climate and the skin color.

Archived