Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Bradley deserved a Director nod, but tbh there's a bigger snub...

MEM

Featured Posts

The amount of Sarah and Freddie slander in this thread...

They're like one of the best and most exclusive makeup artists and hair stylists.

Freddie has some questionable choices, but when he delivers, god does he deliver.

Sarah delivers 24/7 flawless makeup, I don't what some of you are bitching about. Her makeup is like the MOST PRAISED aspect of every look.

On 1/22/2019 at 3:00 PM, MEM said:

I added a  :huntyga: at the end of my OP. Just being sarcastic haha

S & F don't really do great styling...in general woops

She did look hot with red hair as PopAlly;)

Glamourpuss
On 1/22/2019 at 2:39 PM, Suspiria said:

Actually it was Ve Neill that did Bradley's makeup, I'd say she deserves it more;) she did an amazing job making him look so much older and sun-scorched.

The only thing Freddie deserves is getting fired:gaycat:

I was with you with that first paragraph and then the blunt delivery of the second one made me spit my drink out. :ladyhaha:

Glamourpuss
4 minutes ago, Vegas said:

I don’t know about Freddie but Sara saved us from Tara. 

Oh god, I'm having flashbacks of the wonky eyeliner. :saladga:

:toofunny:

freebit
On 1/22/2019 at 8:39 AM, andy232000 said:

Whoever chose Gagas outfits for this film deserves their design and fashion degree revoked. Dont @ me 

I actually like the choices she made for Ally's pre-fame (and almost famous era after she's with Jackson and recording her record) clothes because they were just normal looking and sometimes bad. This helped make her character feel like a real person because not all people have good taste or are inherently stylish. However, there's no excuse for the bad choices after Ally becomes a full fledged pop starlet IMO. I feel like there's a real missed opportunity to show the glow-up in a fun, escapist way. We all love that scene in Pretty Woman where Vivian finally gets to go shopping and leaves the stores looking a million bucks, as well as The Devil Wears Prada's montage of Andy going to work in her new clothes, but I guess Bradley wasn't intent on making that sort of bright looking commercial movie, but it wouldn't have hurt.

Glamourpuss
41 minutes ago, freebit said:

I actually like the choices she made for Ally's pre-fame (and almost famous era after she's with Jackson and recording her record) clothes because they were just normal looking and sometimes bad. This helped make her character feel like a real person because not all people have good taste or are inherently stylish. However, there's no excuse for the bad choices after Ally becomes a full fledged pop starlet IMO. I feel like there's a real missed opportunity to show the glow-up in a fun, escapist way. We all love that scene in Pretty Woman where Vivian finally gets to go shopping and leaves the stores looking a million bucks, as well as The Devil Wears Prada's montage of Andy going to work in her new clothes, but I guess Bradley wasn't intent on making that sort of bright looking commercial movie, but it wouldn't have hurt.

I think Gaga just really wanted to prove that she's different to Ally. The same way she didn't want the songs to be too much like her own, I think it was the same with the fashion. That Grammy's dress and the Rehab shirt were awful and didn't seem to be something Gaga would wear in real life. I do agree though that it would have been more visually appealing if they had made better fashion choices.  I don't know how the film is going to age with the poor outfit choices. 

That J

We got a ton of nomination love from the Academy so I cant complain.  I was surprised about Best Director but we did sooooo good anyway! 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Archived