opinion

I think I want Glenn Close to win

WorstBehavior

Featured Posts

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crybrowz

As long as Gaga gets at least one win (probably for best song) I'll be more than happy. Glenn is so sweet and has been highly supportive of Gaga during the ASIB campaign, and really does deserve an Oscar at this point. Also, she and Cynthia have been friends for years, which I think is adorable. Gaga is still very young, and will hopefully have more roles in the future in which she can score an Oscar for. Obviously, I want her to win, but if she loses I do hope it's to Glenn. 

Didymus
36 minutes ago, WorstBehavior said:

Who do you think gave a better performance between her and Olivia Colman?

I haven't seen The Favourite yet :giveup:

I'm sure she deserves it too though :chica: Either one of those would make me happy. I'd also be happy if Gaga won of course, but I can't deny that I'd feel like that would mean far better performances were snubbed :ohwell:

42 minutes ago, Enzo said:

unfortunately it's an award for a performance in a film not for a whole acting career tho

And she was better than Gaga and the others in the categories.

If Gaga won, there'd be a major backlash. And since Glenn was the 2018's best, is overdue and the fact Gaga is singer turned actress, it wouldn't bode well for Gaga to win at all. There was even backlash when she won the Critics Choice award the other night. The comment sections on Facebook from severla publications were ugly. Most people don't think Gaga's performance was on Glenn's level, and it's true. I've seen both films.

I feel like it's too soon for Gaga to win the Oscar, especially with a performance that was just a good debut. And while she really good, she has a way to go before her acting is Oscar-winning.

djBuffoon

Of course I would love for Gaga to win Best Actress, but she is already (practically) locked to win something that evening. And having her win in an acting category over one of the most beloved and celebrated actresses of the last 50 years, regardless if she deserves to or not, might incur a very strong backlash.

Truth be told, Toni Collette in Hereditary is the female performance from last year that I believe towered over all others. It is shameful that she's gotten barely anything just because of the bias against horror films.

Ally Campana
19 minutes ago, Rio said:

And she was better than Gaga and the others in the categories.

I don’t think so. Objectively, Gaga’s performance  was better. And I’m saying this not because I stan her. Glenn was nuanced and subtle which was great but Gaga had all that including a more range of emotions. The only problem people have is that she is a pop star turned actress and Glenn is a bona fide actress with 40 years of an acting career without an Oscar. Glenn is obviously gonna win. But there’s no need to discredit Gaga’s performance which is obviously and objectively better.

Does it matter? Damage is done

GypsyBabe

You don’t want Gags to win? Reported. 

&xtz=300&jv=13.12.1-stackpath&bv=2.5.1

Honestly though, Close is an amazing actress who deserved an Oscar ages ago. 

⚯͛

NewUsername
1 hour ago, WorstBehavior said:

I am really rooting for Gaga on this. And she MUST win Best Original Song. If she does win Best Actress, I’m going to be very proud and happy for her. However, I want Glenn Close to win too:lolga: I just really think is so wrong how the academy has snubbed her so many times. She’s one of the finest actresses ever that deserves to have her moment on stage alive. I don’t like when Hollywood decides to recognize someone’s talent after their death. Do it while they’re alive. And this is not to say that Glenn is dying. But she’s a woman of a particular age now. 

I also don’t like the idea of a tie. Imagine being in the industry for over 40 years and having to share the moment you’ve been waiting for years with an upcoming actress... Anyways, I wish them both the best. I’d be happy regardless of who win. and I cannot wait to see what Gaga does next. I actually want her to be more of an actress than a musician nowadays.

:triggered:

Lazz Monster

Well I really just expect her to be nominated (which would be HUGE, I mean how many actresses get nominated for its 1st major role? Especially singer turned actresses), but ofc I would love Gaga to win, it would feel surreal :diane: 

It doesn't really matter whose performance we think was better, we don't vote, if the academy thinks Gaga's performance is the best, let's take it :vegas:

But if she has to lose, I want Glenn to win. 

We're far from the Shallow now

Archived