💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

BTS Photos of Gaga's Enigma - Act 3 Outfit

monsterhamh

Featured Posts

monsterhamh

gaga-1220x775.jpg 

Behind the scene photos of the outfit used during Enigma - Act 3 where she performs Scheiße, Judas, Government Hooker and I'm Afraid of Americans (David Bowie cover). They were included in an article about the creator of the outfit, Asher Levine, who has previously worked with Gaga.

Part of the article about the outfit for Gaga:

Spoiler

When Lady Gaga’s team called to say, “We need something sci-fi,” he knew they had “come to the right person. I’m like a sci-fi weird alien, anyway, always have been,” he chortles.

For the costume that he conceived, “We employed so many new technologies and methods,” he recalls, “that allowed us to do what we did in such a short time frame. I’ve been doing this a decade and there is something to say about experience and knowing what works and doesn’t work.” Those technologies included experimental bonding techniques and diffusion systems that wirelessly connect Gaga into the stage lighting sequences “and create really dynamic animation,” as Levine notes. “The challenge was that she wants to be able to move,” he continues, “so how can you make featherweight lights? People are all about technology,” he adds, “but to me, a needle is technology—it’s what you do with the needle. Apart from me and my team, no one knew what they were getting,” Levine recalls, “I was basically fitting black jumpsuits on her! But It’s my challenge and my passion to surprise people.”

With barely a month to complete the technically complex commission, the piece was finished at 11:00 p.m. on Christmas Day, driven to Las Vegas, and delivered “literally up to the minute the first show started,” Levine recalls of the nail-biting moment. “We lit her up on Christmas Day,” he notes, “isn’t that hilarious? We were all very happy when we lit the tree!” So was the artist herself, who apparently asked for a round of applause for the designer. “For someone of her caliber who has basically seen and worn everything to say that,” he recalls, “there was something super magical about it. I’m so glad that she and her team chose us to carry out her vision.”

00-story-gaga-enigma.gif 

01-gaga-enigma.jpg 

02-gaga-enigma.jpg 

03-gaga-enigma.jpg 

04-gaga-enigma.jpg 

Source: https://www.vogue.com/article/lady-gaga-asher-levine-enigma-tour-costumes 

JustAnother

The best outfit. Always nice to hear how kind Gaga is too. These guys are the **** for making such a cool piece of technology/outfit.

That's really amazing. But also kind of crazy that it was a surprise to everyone what the final product would be AND they didn't finish it until 2-3 days before the show! That could have gone quite badly 

Sneaky Oliver

I love that outfit. The led thing is not that futuristic tho. It kinda looks like Black Eyes Peas but I like it anyway. I wish it was led screens instead of lights!

The responsible designer for that purple outfit is still quiet :triggered: haha

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Doncho

I LOVE THIS. I remember back in BTW era I always wanted Gaga to use an outfit with lightning. Enigma slays :applause:

JazzGa

Thanks for sharing! Great story. I predict this piece will be as iconic as the pyrobra and the machine gun bra one day <3 The LED Cyborg Bra

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Cavadour

Yeah, wow. Thank you for these images. Reminds me of the first Tron movie outfits !

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

TimisaMonster

Honestly the best outfit of the show...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

VoldeLorde2

I wish we could see how they made the opening outfit but this is definitely the second best outfit of the night. A great read, too. 

By far my favorite Enigma outfit and act! Thank you for sharing this, OP.

The article has a link to this video of Levine's light-up biker jacket in progress and I think it's pretty nifty-looking too:

⚡🐲

NewYorkCity

Best outfit along with the mirrors one.

is the purple one still a thing? It should have been burned by the second she came down the stage after first show. While she was performing BTW etc. They should have feed rats with the ashes,  then burn the excrements of those rats.

elijahfan

This outfit will go down in fashion history.

Also, mind blowing to read that they had to do it in a month, and it basically got delivered the day of the show.... And I seem to read these kinds of stories a lot, especially when it comes to Gaga. Like, guys, is it this hard to plan in advance? They didn't come up with the ENIGMA sci-fi concept just a month before it premiered... they always put designers in impossible positions :laughga: It's always "We need this impossible outfit ready for tomorrow. Oh, and we need 5 different iterations for the dancers as well. Good luck!!"

Archived