ARTPOP sans applause

13 minutes ago, Original Diva said:

And Gypsy should've ended the album

yas

AlexanderMagno
4 minutes ago, Original Diva said:

I disagree TBH. 

And Gypsy should've ended the album

Gypsy is the end of the story, Applause is the epilogue, the applause after the curtain is closed. It's really well-thought. Despite the problems ARTPOP might have (:oops:) the tracklist is clever and she definitely put some thoughts into it.

For example, for me, BTW has the best opening and the best closure (well, Applause is equally good as a closure I guess). But in-between, the tracklist could be of any order. While ARTPOP makes more sense. On the other hand, BTW has a more consistent sound overall, you can really say every song belongs there.

Didymus
1 minute ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Gypsy is the end of the story, Applause is the epilogue, the applause after the curtain is closed. It's really well-thought. Despite the problems ARTPOP might have (:oops:) the tracklist is clever and she definitely put some thoughts into it.

:applause:

I've always seen Aura, ARTPOP and Applause as the prologue, an "interlude" and an epilogue. I don't think it's a coincidence they're the only songs that start with A and that they're positioned to include 6 songs amongst them each :nick:

edengowon

ARTPOP if we include DWUW (MANiCURE to ARTPOP is a ridiculous transition without DWUW there)

Maybe, Born This Way (But in my opinion Hair kinda messes with the flow. Americano to Scheisse would sound better)

I'd say Joanne probably tbh. Since Joanne is the only album that has an overarching dominant instrument (guitar).

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Infinity Wave

ARTPOP is the only right answer, with all of its 15 songs including J&D which intro, the the only part I listen to (than I immediately skip #SorryNotSorry) provides a perfect transition 

Colourful

Oriane
6 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

In that case, ARTPOP, not a doubt. The tracklist was clearly very planned. Just the transition Mary Jane Holland - Dope - Gypsy - Applause is better than any flow from Gaga's discography. There's a clear narrative from Aura to Applause, and the songs play together nicely. 

Finally somebody who noticed this too :tony:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Archived