💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Christina Aguilera supports Lady Gaga and DWUW message

monketsharona

Featured Posts

Didymus
Just now, Glamourpuss said:

Because Gaga doesn't speak openly about her personal experiences. Sexual abuse survivors find it hard to talk about these things. Hence why it took decades for people to speak up about Weinstein. Do you not understand? 

But then why, when she did talk openly about her personal experiences (as she did before the album even came out btw), do her descriptions of her trauma contradict all of y'all's interpretation of that song? :air: That's the point I'm making.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

What do you mean, she said she only saw her abuser only once more after the incident and they didn't say anything to each other :awkney:

I'm legit shocked at how many of you are running with this interpretation so quickly when it doesn't even match many of Gaga's candid statements about her trauma (or the song).

It’s known that her abuser was a producer

It’s known that her abuser was way older than her 

She stopped working with an older producer that used to be her boyfriend.

You know, it’s not that hard to find out who was her abuser.

Glamourpuss
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

Then why are you saying my arguments about what Gaga said don't matter? You literally said I took things at face value when I was referring to what Gaga said herself :rip: And then there was that "her art speaks more clearly than she herself" statement which, to me, is just an excuse to go free for all in interpreting her songs.

I can tell there's no point discussing this further with you. You only see what you want to see.

FlopSlurper
40 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Weird. How could she have known it was about sexual predators though lol, there's like nothing in the lyrics to suggest that.

Anyway, good milking of the situation, Xtina. Continue with your fake ass feminism, look-at-our-tits-but-don't-look-at-our-tits Fall in Line style :madge:

Edit: Read my next page explanation first before you @ me.

(No one in 2013 interpreted that song as being related to sexual predators. That song is 100% about the media and there is no subtext about sexual predators whatsoever. Gaga explained that lyric herself with reference to the cover art which was a statement against Kim K selling her body to the press.

Xtina's "you may have had my body" reinterpretation is bs, the whole point of that era was to give her body to the press (hence, the video), it wasn't a retrospect thing. Anyway, whatever. Smart of her to share in Gaga's moment but to me it's really tasteless.)

She said "they spoke to her" so I guess that's how she interpreted it. People can interpret art differently.

Just like how Gaga said back then that it's about the media and now said it was meant to be provocative and shocking, and disregarded the original message of the song :selena: 

Didymus
Just now, Vegas said:

It’s known that her abuser was a producer

It’s known that her abuser was way older than her 

She stopped working with an older producer that used to be her boyfriend.

You know, it’s not that hard to find out who was her abuser.

Again: she said she only saw that dude once after being abused. Am I supposed to just ignore that? It's of course totally possible that it's who you're implying it is, but that still disproves the theory that Gaga started a romantic relationship with him after being abused, unless of course you wanna call Gaga a liar which, apparently and shockingly, so many of you are willing to do it seems :madge:

GypsyBabe

Wow, that was really nice of her. :diane: 

I am seeing a pretty decent amount of support for Gaga. Not everyone is hating on her, though it appears that way on twitter. 

⚯͛

Didymus
5 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

I can tell there's no point discussing this further with you. You only see what you want to see.

If that means I pay close attention to Gaga's own very personal statements about her experiences as opposed to projecting my own imagination onto her lyrics then so be it. You haven't addressed my arguments once and have continuously switched to different subjects to avoid them.

If you wanna just assume that your interpretation is correct without being able to connect it to her own ****ing statements, that's your business but to me it's a very questionable idea.

Glamourpuss
3 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Again: she said she only saw that dude once after being abused. Am I supposed to just ignore that? It's of course totally possible that it's who you're implying it is, but that still disproves the theory that Gaga started a romantic relationship with him after being abused, unless of course you wanna call Gaga a liar which, apparently and shockingly, so many of you are willing to do it seems :madge:

It's not about calling Gaga a liar. But seeing that there's more than meets the eye. Artists put their heart and soul into their art. You don't always hear the whole truth from their mouths. Especially if it's a subject that is difficult to open up about. 

Didymus
Just now, Glamourpuss said:

It's not about calling Gaga a liar. But seeing that there's more than meets the eye. 

But how is that relevant when someone is saying "the song clearly demonstrates that she got involved with her abuser romantically because of her trauma?" :air: That is just pure fan fiction. Her own descriptions of the experience 100% contradict that. Why should we even try to see more than that? :messga:

Glamourpuss
Just now, Didymus said:

But how is that relevant when someone is saying "the song clearly demonstrates that she got involved with her abuser romantically because of her trauma?" :air: That is just pure fan fiction. Her own descriptions of the experience 100% contradict that. Why should we even try to see more than that? :messga:

I never said that though. That was one other person. 

Gracious Gaga
33 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Oh my god :air:

Are you guys SERIOUSLY gonna sit here and pretend that these lyrics:

"Sometimes I'm scared I suppose
If you ever let me go
I would fall apart (apart)
If you break my heart
So just take my body
And don't stop the party"

are about sexual abuse? :lmao:

That would make her like an accomplice in her own rape.

Girl did you read Gaga’s apology?  Read this and then tell us how the song has NOTHING to do w sexual abuse .

"As a victim of sexual assault myself, I made both the song and video at a dark time in my life, my intention was to create something extremely defiant and provocative because I was angry and still hadn’t processed the trauma that had occurred in my own life. The song is called 'Do What U Want (With My Body),' I think it's clear how explicitly twisted my thinking was at the time. If I could go back and have a talk with my younger self I'd tell her to go through the therapy I have since then, so that I could understand the confused post-traumatic state that I was in- or if therapy was not available to me or anyone in my situation-to seek help, and speak as openly and honestly as possible about what we’ve been through.”

♥ Kindness Police.

Just now, Didymus said:

She was the girlfriend of the man that abused her. She may be talking about the whole relationship as “the moment of the abuse”, therefore she only met him once after they parted ways, and then everything else makes perfect sense. 

You’re thinking too much into one thing she said that could be interpreted in different ways just to follow the idea that she’s lying.

Rudz Xinc
49 minutes ago, ARTPOPthatbooty said:

So refreshing to see so many people coming together to aid Gaga through this!

Who else?

Look at those clowns

Archived