celeb

Christina Aguilera supports Lady Gaga and DWUW message

monketsharona

Featured Posts

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Didymus said:

lol no. Literally no one did that in 2013, especially with R. Kelly's lines :smh:

That song is 100% about the media and there is no subtext about sexual predators whatsoever :rip: She explained that lyric herself with reference to the cover art which was a statement against Kim K selling her body to the press.

Xtina's "you may have had my body" reinterpretation is bs, the whole point of that era was to give her body to the press, it wasn't a retrospect thing. Anyway, whatever. Smart of her to share in Gaga's moment but to me it's really tasteless.

Literally yes people did. 

Tons of people did. 

Living is easy with eyes closed, I guess. :laughga:

Glamourpuss
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

Oh my god :air:

Are you guys SERIOUSLY gonna sit here and pretend that these lyrics:

"Sometimes I'm scared I suppose
If you ever let me go
I would fall apart (apart)
If you break my heart
So just take my body
And don't stop the party"

are about sexual abuse? :lmao:

That would make her like an accomplice in her own rape.

She always has lyrics that contradict the meaning she gives out. Like the Edge of Glory for example, the lyrics don't really make sense if it's about her grandfather and the moment when you're close to death. 

Didymus
1 minute ago, Why am I on GGD said:

The metaphor Gaga uses is literally about physical/bodily abuse, with a subtext/underlying meaning of media abuse.

The interpretation Gaga promoted was definitely about the media and the first verse definitely supports that. But the metaphor of the chorus obviously also has a heavy sexual overtone that connects to Christina's interpretation.

I agree she uses that metaphor but as you say, the subtext was not related to sexual abuse but media abuse :shrug:  Imo Christina's "someone already abused me but they didn't harm my spirit" interpretation just doesn't match the song or anything Gaga said about her abuse. Quite the contrary, Gaga stressed time and time again that she was left shattered psychologically about the whole situation and couldn't even confront her memories about it until very recently.

That's why I reject Xtina's interpretation here and I seriously don't believe that's the reason she got involved in the project.

Didymus
1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

She always has lyrics that contradict the meaning she gives out. Like the Edge of Glory for example, the lyrics don't really make sense if it's about her grandfather and the moment when you're close to death. 

TEOG makes perfect sense from that angle but ok.

Like I said to @Why am I on GGD Xtina's interpretation is literally impossible since Gaga has never talked that way about her rape experience. Contrarily, she's always stressed how psychologically traumatizing it was. That's why Xtina's suggestion that her message in the song was 100% opposite is so ludicrous :smh:

9 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

Yaaassss! I was wondering why no other celebrities were offering support to Gaga. The only one I noticed was Kerry Washington. 

Cara Delevinge mentioned Gaga on an Instagram post about the R. Kelly thing.

Glamourpuss
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I agree she uses that metaphor but as you say, the subtext was not related to sexual abuse but media abuse :shrug:  Imo Christina's "someone already abused me but they didn't harm my spirit" interpretation just doesn't match the song or anything Gaga said about her abuse. Quite the contrary, Gaga stressed time and time again that she was left shattered psychologically about the whole situation and couldn't even confront her memories about it until very recently.

That's why I reject Xtina's interpretation here and I seriously don't believe that's the reason she got involved in the project.

I have always seen it the same way as Christina. The song has always made me feel uncomfortable because it's clear as day that it's about sexual abuse. I've never bought into the meaning about the media that Gaga gave. 

Do you not know how to analyse art? It seems you just take it at face value. 

Didymus
5 minutes ago, thwip said:

Literally yes people did. 

Tons of people did. 

Living is easy with eyes closed, I guess. :laughga:

I don't remember one single instance :air: I'm re-reading the reviews and I'm finding nothing relevant here.

Just now, Glamourpuss said:

Sorry but even if nothing else gagas solo version clearly makes it about public, the artist belonging to the public.

It could be all that She did to get there, without herself realizing

But thats too much. This is xtina being really awful and using gaga

21 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Weird. How could she have known it was about sexual predators though lol, there's like nothing in the lyrics to suggest that.

Anyway, good milking of the situation, Xtina. Continue with your fake ass feminism, look-at-our-tits-but-don't-look-at-our-tits Fall in Line style :madge:

Edit: Read my next page explanation first before you @ me.

(No one in 2013 interpreted that song as being related to sexual predators. That song is 100% about the media and there is no subtext about sexual predators whatsoever. Gaga explained that lyric herself with reference to the cover art which was a statement against Kim K selling her body to the press.

Xtina's "you may have had my body" reinterpretation is bs, the whole point of that era was to give her body to the press (hence, the video), it wasn't a retrospect thing. Anyway, whatever. Smart of her to share in Gaga's moment but to me it's really tasteless.)

EXCUSE ME, NO!

Just now, Didymus said:

I don't remember one single instance :air:I'm re-reading the reviews and I'm finding nothing relevant here. We didn't even know she was abused at this point smh.

Yeah we did lol

she spoke about Swine multiple times 

Didymus
1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

I have always seen it the same way as Christina. The song has always made me feel uncomfortable because it's clear as day that it's about sexual abuse. I've never bought into the meaning about the media that Gaga gave.  

Do you not know how to analyse art? It seems you just take it at face value. 

Again: her own statements about her sexual abuse directly contradict your interpretation, how about you confront that fact first before you insult my ways of analysis :rip:Swine is her big abuse song, literally everyone knows that, and she's even been explicitly open about it :air:  

I don't take anything at face value, but I also listen to what Gaga says herself. Maybe you should give that a try, it seems important, no?

Didymus
Just now, thwip said:

Yeah we did lol

she spoke about Swine multiple times 

That's true, I just edited my post. But that does bring up another point: if Swine was the song targeting her sexual abuse, there's little reason to suppose DWUW was actually really also about sexual abuse. Makes no sense.

If only this was the original and it had a vídeo. 

I remember that 5million saw it on YouTube so fast. It would be such a big hit

Archived