5 minutes ago, boyfromnowhere said:

Protecting and increasing ha oscar chances!!! :queenga:

That's disgusting.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarstruckIllusion

finally.

Bitch and it’s a Class A iOS Press release too. Yes mawma. 

I support her and I'm thankful for this amazing words, but please don't remove the song, as a song it's very good, use the one with Legentina on Spotify and other platforms. One of her best songs!

Infinity Wave
2 hours ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

Hmm after thinking on it for a bit, I don’t think she should ever apologize for her art. 

This, finally

Colourful

Infinity Wave

I don't think trying to erase the past is ever a good thing to do. 

Neither is explaining and apologizing for something you did in the past, in another state of mind and with other intenctions.

But yet here we were waitinh for her to speak out, and now she's gonna act like the song never existed. That's not what's right for the world, we have to move forward without erasing our past.

Colourful

Sweet Olive

I'm really sad that the song is going, because I like it so much; I didn't expect such a move honestly. But I'm happy she addressed the problem (in a way she was forced to do it). It cleared up a dark stain of her career.

StarstruckIllusion

she sounds like she’s gonna delete all versions of the song tbh. she wrote it without him. Petition to rerelease Do What U Want w an unproblematic and newer RnB artist? Chance? Frank Ocean? John Legend?

guyzplzstaph

I'm sorry, that's just stupid. I'm happy she addressed this situation, but removing a song is such a stupid idea. I am really worried about our society looking at every twitter-back-in-time searching for bad and everyone being offended about everything. Yes, r. Kelly situation isn't right, but what also isn't right is erasing the past. Everyone grows and that is shown exactly by seeing past actions. We won't progress if we start to try to hide our mistakes. Ugh. Bash me all you want, I don't care.

Ps. Stream DWUW, one of Gaga best songs, where you can, while you still can.

Sweet Olive
2 minutes ago, Infinity Wave said:

I don't think trying to erase the past is ever a good thing to do. 

Neither is explaining and apologizing for something you did in the past, in another state of mind and with other intenctions.

But yet here we were waitinh for her to speak out, and now she's gonna act like the song never existed. That's not what's right for the world, we have to move forward without erasing our past.

I agree with you, it's my same philosophy, to not erase anything, good or bad. I wouldn't have deleted the song. But we have also to understand her difficult position. She was attacked by the media like she was the one to commit the abuses. I respect her choice.

U got what u wish for and every wish comes with a price 

bye bye DWUW, the ultimate martyr 

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

DelusionalGaga

I'm so proud of her. Her statement was very well written and I hope it will make people understand why she did what she did. I think most of us knew the stuff she is writing about but it's good to hear her repeat it once more.

That being said, I'm lowkey side eyeing the people who are only getting upset about the song being removed. Like, she just stated her support for victims of R.Kelly's crimes. Maybe try to be less of an insensitive, shallow fan? 

gagzus

It makes perfect sense to erase his version of the song because he garners royalties from every stream and bought copy of it. Now he won’t, I do believe she should replace it with the solo or xtina version though 

2 hours ago, arrtpop said:

why take it off completely when you could just replace it with the Xtina or solo version though? Replacing it would only highlight the original intent of the song, which was targeting the media for making fun of her appearance and criticizing her. Two powerful women coming together on that song would be such a great message.

I think she wants to take it off completely because even if you remove the man on the song the message behind the song is still not something she stands by. I think her saying it's about not letting what people say get to you cause they can't have your heart was a coping mechanism. I think she realised what she had created and is now deciding to do the right thing and get rid of it.

Messy, Petty, Beautiful, Covergirl

Archived