Lady Gaga scores 2 BAFTA nominations with ASIB

Pierre

Featured Posts

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Silvestro Devacelli
12 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Is she the first pop star to get a bafta nod?

She’s the first one since Cher who got nod in 1988

warrentw

why is everyone so sure she is going to win a grammy can you not remeber the pure snubs the last time she was nominated.

mikedu24

I just have a sick feeling she might not even win any Grammys . TBH I don’t even want her to perform . I’ll prefer she attends the Baftas.

zakariah
5 hours ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

He’s got 5 nominations, he’s got to win something :air: at least for music

hopefully they don’t pull a GG on him

i'm pretty sure ASIB is not gonna get anything, mainly because The Favourite is well, the favourite at this award show, & the brits just love their own british movies, plus they'll probably give Rami the award because he portrayed their dear freddie mercury so perfectly :lana:

I do hope i'm wrong though, & ASIB does get at least Best Music, but even then Mary Poppins Returns could snatch it just for being british :deadbanana:

ArtGagaPop
21 minutes ago, warrentw said:

why is everyone so sure she is going to win a grammy can you not remeber the pure snubs the last time she was nominated.

Monsters needs to stop acting like as soon as gaga doesn't win every award she is up for then it's a snub :triggered:

2011 she would have won if it weren't for Adele with the biggest album of the decade. Also blame gagas messy team back then for not getting soty/roty noms. 

The messy ARTPOP era didn't deserve any noms.

She won for c2c and got a nom for TIHTY. 

The only snub was MR last year and even then Shape of You was the biggest song of the year. 

Also Shallow is much bigger then MR was and from a huge commercial successful and critically aclamied movie so it's chances are alot better.

nodandsmile

YAAAAASSS omg, I am so happy, I was scared. Thought the surprise nominee would be Pike or Collete but Viola? YAS come thru BAFTA, right that wrong. Colman is soooo taking this one, will be shocked if she doesn't! And oh, Toni Collete is dead!

hausofdave
43 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

i'm pretty sure ASIB is not gonna get anything, mainly because The Favourite is well, the favourite at this award show, & the brits just love their own british movies, plus they'll probably give Rami the award because he portrayed their dear freddie mercury so perfectly :lana:

I do hope i'm wrong though, & ASIB does get at least Best Music, but even then Mary Poppins Returns could snatch it just for being british :deadbanana:

Mary Poppins got snubbed big time tho, Emily, a British actress missed out both her noms & worse of all the movie got completely shut out of the Best Film & Best British Film category 

Lazz Monster
19 minutes ago, hausofdave said:

got completely shut out of Best British Film category 

Surprisingly, it wasn't eligible for Best British Film. To be, it needs at least one british producer, and none  of MPR producers were british

We're far from the Shallow now

MelbHawker

The praise continues! 

:worship2:

Low-key hoping she ditches the BAFTA's because Coleman's a lock to win it. Her Grammy's chances are very real. 

Lazz Monster
17 minutes ago, Runway said:

This legend really got nominated for not one but TWO BAFTAs :giveup: 

Imagine if she wins the best music category?? I mean she will be a BAFTA-winner pop star, not even Cher and Barbra have baftas (at least not according to my research) :nooo::nooo:

We're far from the Shallow now

MelbHawker
24 minutes ago, SimplyTheBest said:

YAAAAASSS omg, I am so happy, I was scared. Thought the surprise nominee would be Pike or Collete but Viola? YAS come thru BAFTA, right that wrong. Colman is soooo taking this one, will be shocked if she doesn't! And oh, Toni Collete is dead!

Kind of disappointed they snubbed Toni Colette and included Viola Davis in Best Actress. Colette's performance was one of the best of the year, and deserving of a nomination over Davis's (& I love Viola). 

Also mad about the Regina King snub (and the inclusion of Margot Robbie) and the Sam Elliot snub (& the inclusion of Sam Rockwell).

Archived