Brainiac
5 minutes ago, HiGagz said:

Trump seemed to have won the American people with his speech

Who exactly did he win over that didn't already believe his BS?ย 

• Like 1

HiGagz
2 minutes ago, Brainiac said:

Who exactly did he win over that didn't already believe his BS?ย 

Those who supported him now support him more, while the feelings of those who do not remain unchanged.

Morphine Prince
2 minutes ago, HiGagz said:

Those who supported him now support him more, while the feelings of those who do not remain unchanged.

And that changes nothing.

It was a stunt.ย 

Your silence is my favorite sound
  • Like 5

Zilla

It's hard to even believeย anything that he says because of the months and even years prior where he has stood in the public eye or even on twitter spewing his pathological lies. His scripted stuff is so picayune compared to the huge mountain of off the cuff belligerent stuff. He only said that for his base, nobody else. It's all an act.ย 

๐™ธ'๐š– ๐šŠ ๐š“๐š˜๐š›๐š๐šœ ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐š“๐šŽ๐š•๐š•๐šข ๐šœ๐š‘๐š˜๐šŽ๐šœ ๐š”๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š’๐š›๐š•.

HiGagz
9 minutes ago, Zilla said:

It's hard to even believeย anything that he says because of the months and even years prior where he has stood in the public eye or even on twitter spewing his pathological lies. His scripted stuff is so picayune compared to the huge mountain of off the cuff belligerent stuff. He only said that for his base, nobody else. It's all an act.ย 

Yet many people in America rely more strongly on emotions rather than facts. I can see many people supporting him now rather than someone else who they see as less exciting.

Edited by HiGagz
  • Like 1

Zilla
Just now, HiGagz said:

Yet many people in America rely more strongly on emotions rather than facts. I can see many people supporting him rather than someone else who they see as less exciting.

That's how he got elected because he was basically throwing a big **** you to existing political climates. His people LOVE that stuff, he's only pandering to himself and his people. Worst part is they're part of the 800k not getting paid for doing their jobs, and they don't care as long as it aids Trump.ย 

๐™ธ'๐š– ๐šŠ ๐š“๐š˜๐š›๐š๐šœ ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐š“๐šŽ๐š•๐š•๐šข ๐šœ๐š‘๐š˜๐šŽ๐šœ ๐š”๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š’๐š›๐š•.
  • Sad 2

WorstBehavior

Yes, there should be more security at the border. Yes, it should be fixed. Coming into this country (or any) should be done legally. Exactly how my family and I, did.ย A wall wonโ€™tย happen. Itโ€™s too expensive. But what bothers me the most about this stupid speech, it is how he continues to falsely say that illegal immigrantsย are the biggest threat in America. So big that he โ€œneededโ€ย to address the nation. When it is well documented and it is a FACT that white supremacistย groups (mostly men)ย in America have commited the most crimes.ย And continue to do so. But he wonโ€™t address that.

This is his shutdown. He said it himself. The thousands of americans not getting their paychecks and the families that are not getting their foodstampsย is all on him. This man is not a leader. And tonight he proved it to me.

Edited by WorstBehavior
  • Thanks 1

WorstBehavior
32 minutes ago, HiGagz said:

Yet many people in America rely more strongly on emotions rather than facts. I can see many people supporting him now rather than someone else who they see as less exciting.

Unfortunately, I feel thatโ€™s how politics is everywhere. Maybe Iโ€™m wrong. But usually is all about emotions and how people connect to the candidate.

giskardsb

A guest on NPR who ran a government dept on terrorism said all security people know thatย the biggest threat is from US citizens being turned to terrorist causes rather than terrorists coming from outside.ย 

Trump just wants something showy, he doesnโ€™t care if it works. ย Nobody is building a thousand mile wall.ย 

• Thanks 1

Alexander Levi
1 hour ago, HiGagz said:

Trump seemed to have won the American people with his speech

His base is NOT America.

• Thanks 1

Lion Heart

All of this for some lame campaign fundraising emails? Seriously?ย 

ย 

Lion Heart

ย 

Woolfsmck
12 hours ago, Zilla said:

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/donald-trump-apos-border-speech-054604564.html

Lol...

Even Faux News can see tho his bull malarkey.ย  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

uo111

This is very reminiscent of when they were taking away children and locking them up all over the country. I thought, surely they can't seriously continue with it. But they did, for way longer than they should have.

Very few things actually effect trumps popularity, but surprisingly this shutdown seems one of them. It would be different if he had republicans in congress backing him up about the shutdown, but he doesn't. People who have never been effected by immigrants (ie, everyone) will start to wonder why the government needs to be shutdown when they ARE effected by things like slower background checks, slower employment verification, slower lines at airports, etc... etc... And they are seeing their friends/family not getting paid for honest work. They can't claim, like trump did, that only democrats aren't getting paid. :ladyhaha:

Three weeks for this ****? Come on.