💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga & other celebs declined to be interviewed for R. Kelly's doc

Teal Ambition

Featured Posts

AshIey
1 hour ago, Runway said:

I mean beyonce was happily working with Terry Richardson while promoting her feminist song Flawless but apparently she isn’t accountable for that :ohwell:

Beyoncé can do no wrong in her fans eyes lmao. Yet Gaga is crucified and we’re expected to feel disgusted with her. :air:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Z
2 hours ago, Borislshere said:

Gaga knew about R.kellys past and I’m pretty sure that was one of the reasons she added him to the song. In the track by track commentary for ARTPOP she says she wanted to do the song with him because of the stuff the media writes about him and the only major controversy I’ve seen about him was in regards to his many sex scandals.

R. Kelly’s predatorial behavior was nothing new in 2013. Im positive it’s what inspired the DWUW video and snl performance. 

Probably the only time I’ve ever been majorly disappointed in gaga. How she thought that wasn’t okay being a victim of abuse herself is beyond me. 

That's what I always thought and I LIVE for this. If you like pure art, you should love this too. Do What U Want is one of Gaga's best songs, and the song wouldn't have any sense with an other artist or without a feature.

Try to see that from Gaga's perspective:

She's been assaulted in the industry & she's been told she would never make it as an artist. A few years later, she's the biggest star on the planet, has had the biggest peak ever for an artist but the media starts to violently trash on her. She's litterally hated because she's loved. She's got to make a record. She knows it will "flop" no matter what. She's broken. She had to let go all that deep pain. What to better way to do it than recording a double-meaning song about rape & bad press with R.Kelly, a very talented artist which is allegedly a raper. She's like: "I'm the boss now." and she respectshim as an artist, but then, once the album cycle is over, she won't talk to this person anymore.

Gaga is a true artist and to me, this is a strong statement.  I understand your point of view of course, but it just isn't mine.

Borislshere
3 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

That's what I always though and I LIVE for this. If you like pure art, you should love this too. Do What U Want is one of Gaga's best songs, and the song wouldn't have any sense with an other artist or without a feature.

Try to see that from Gaga's perspective:

She's been assaulted in the industry & she's been told she would never make it as an artist. A few years later, she's the biggest star on the planet, has had the biggest peak ever for an artist but the media starts to violently trash on her. She's litterally hated because she's loved. She's got to make a record. She knows it will "flop" no matter what. She's broken. She had to let go all that deep pain. What to better way to do it than recording a double-meaning song about rape & bad press with R.Kelly, a very talented artist which is allegedly a raper. She's like: "I'm the boss now." and she respectshim as an artist, but then, once the album cycle is over, she won't talk to this person anymore.

Gaga is a true artist and to me, this is a strong statement.  I understand your point of view of course, but it just isn't mine.

tenor.gif

"She's been assaulted in the industry" 

exactly which is why you'd expect her not to work with abusers. 

Borislshere

also, I'd like to add that I'm glad she didn't take part in the documentary. This documentary is about the victims and it should be them telling their truths. Gaga wasn't involved in Robert's sexual history. 

CannaeDrive
9 minutes ago, Jaume said:

In that' case  she should defend herself and say she didn't know. 

That makes absolutely no sense. She is not attacked in any way in this, the subject is R. Kelly. The documentary producers only seek some quotes from her for their movie, as with other people. She has no obligations, morally or legally, to participate in this documentary, and she can decline to do that as others did. There are no issues here, except for some pressed fans.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Lord Temptation
10 minutes ago, modern ecstasy said:

Beyoncé can do no wrong in her fans eyes lmao. Yet Gaga is crucified and we’re expected to feel disgusted with her. :air:

Beyonce’s fans are mostly robots and the public is sick of their butt kissing. Nobody outside of toxic stan culture is even aware of the Gaga’s association with Terry or R Kelly and Gaga doesn’t owe those toxic stans jack :vegas:

The Z
2 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

also, I'd like to add that I'm glad she didn't take part in the documentary. This documentary is about the victims and it should be them telling their truths. Gaga wasn't involved in Robert's sexual history. 

Let's agree on that :rockstar:

Borislshere
Just now, kevinsteve said:

Closed to debate I see, closed-minded I guess :vegas:

closed minded because gaga's choice to work with a f*cking pedophile doesn't strike me as "pure art"? I've already said what I think about this whole situation.

The Z
1 minute ago, Borislshere said:

closed minded because gaga's choice to work with a f*cking pedophile doesn't strike me as "pure art"? I've already said what I think about this whole situation.

No, close minded because you Simply judge my opinion as inferior without even thinking. You could have said Something like "maybe but I would still hate it" or something like that, it would've been a little more constructive than this gif you posted

Borislshere
2 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

No, close minded because you Simply judge my opinion as inferior without even thinking. You could have said Something like "maybe but I would still hate it" or something like that, it would've been a little more constructive than this gif you posted

5 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

I've already said what I think about this whole situation.

SilkSpectre
37 minutes ago, South Blonde said:

To anyone saying she definitely knew about him: why? As far as I know there were always allegations about his sexual misconduct but not actual proof (I'll be glad to be proven wrong tho). I heard of a certain video but still, how could she know of that? She's relatively young, not really close to the R&B genre and community and she is a phucking celebrity hence she doesn't believe in everything the media says. I'm not trying to defend her because I'm the first one who thinks that her actions and choices were hypocritical but it is equally wrong to jump to conclusions and bash her. Publicity stunt? Oh, come on, would you potentially risk your career for a top 20 hit single?

And also she doesn't need to say sheit about this issue: she's never performed the song again, scrapped the video and pulled a Mariah that still lasts to this day. What else do you need?

She’s older than me by years and everyone my age knew of his controversies and I’m not even from the US. It was BIG news when it was happening. She also implied she knew of the allegations as she outright said “people say things that are untrue about him” which sounds like she knew and didn’t believe/ didn’t want to believe or didn’t fully understand consent at the time who knows. Although many people collaborated with him after the allegations, the song title and the way the song was performed live and the rumoured theme of the video is very very questionable judgement on her behalf. I hope that this is part of what she refers to when she says at points in her career she didn’t listen to her inner voice and allowed other people to tell her what is right. 

Having said all that, I don’t think she needs to comment if she’s doesn’t want to especially as many of the other artists declined as well and i dont know if she could say much that would help in this situation but people need to stop acting like she had never heard of the accusations beforehand working with him when she definitely had, as had everyone who dueted with him.

phantasmas
3 hours ago, symphonia said:

Til it happens to you, you don't know how it feels. 

Write what you want, say what you want 'bout me
If you're wondering, know that I'm not sorry

AlexanderMagno
23 minutes ago, modern ecstasy said:

Beyoncé can do no wrong in her fans eyes lmao

And same doesn't happen with Gaga fans? Really? :green:

Well, this is one of those situations where we don't know the whole story, at all. Why did she work with him, what did she know, what did she think about his past... I think there's a lot of backstage story in this situation and because of that it's very difficult to give any opinion.

Apparently, she thought the allegations about him were false, and that's why they collaborated... I guess she trusted him?

On the other hand, I wish she had accepted talking about it. For someone who's so outspoken about these issues, why not this time? Whenever things get messy she tends to contradict herself, why not come forward and just be honest about it?

We also don't know how the documentary is being developed, so maybe she kept silent not because of her connection with R. Kelly but because of the documentary's production?

Or maybe she doesn't even know about this, most of the times it's the artist's manager who decides these situations and doesn't even ask the artist...

Again, very hard to give my opinion on this one.

However, I will say DWUW feat. R. Kelly is probably her best song (yes, her best song, well probably after Marry the Night) and I'm so sad it will be buried in time. It could have been huge. I still wish I get to see the music video one day.

Gracious Gaga

She had to decline because she is busy editing the final mix of their NEW JOINT ALBUM coming this year!!!

♥ Kindness Police.

Archived