đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

So Is Meghan...?

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

I'd say it'll be getting delayed more. There's no point putting out a new album if the last single from it was months ago. Which may result in the whole thing being shelved. Meghan is one of many casualties of the fickle music industry who jump all over a new name and then drop you as soon as you fail to make hits. I knew she'd be a one hit wonder from the get-go but the label chiefs clearly didn't think so. And to make it clear, I know she had a few other top tens that sold well but the point is, when you say a singer's name and most people think of them as the one who sang their biggest hit and can't recall anything else, you know they're a one hit wonder. When they slowly fade away after that, you know they definitely are. To this day, Meghan is still thought of as "the All About That Bass girl" and that's when you know that she'll never be free of that label. Plenty of one hit wonders have gone on to release many albums, all of them flops. Doesn't take away from the fact that you're still a one hit wonder. You were just one who didn't know when to quit.

On 1/3/2019 at 4:24 PM, Sneaky Oliver said:

No shade to Meghan but that’s what happens when you put a new artist with one single hit song in the same field as the “veterans”. I think media should allow new artists to grow with their own pace. Not everyone is meant to be a legendary popstar :shrug:

Agreed. So many singers get an immediate record deal when it's clear that they need some time to grow and would benefit from being nurtured by the label for a while to work on making their debut really good. As is the case, a lot of debut artists now have an ok album but their second is a lot better...but unfortunately, nobody cares by that point. Instead of pushing them out there when they're so young and naive, maybe wait a year or two to test them out. Better to be introduced to the world as a complete package than to be behind in a few areas.

On 1/3/2019 at 4:30 PM, Wigless said:

Nobody ever did that 

They kinda did. All it took was for AATB to be a hit and she got an album rushed out about 6 months later, got a music video budget and was put on tour (which she ended up cancelling some of). She did a joint collab with Ariana and featured on The Peanuts Movie soundtrack and had a follow-up album a year later. Troy Carter left managing Gaga so he could manage her when she put out her second album. That's how much the industry tried to make her happen. I think they got too carried away and thought "huge hit debut single = the public want her to be the next big thing." Cases like this are why the music industry is so tentative now when it comes to putting out the album from a debut artist because they can potentially lose out on a big investment if the artist was just a one hit wonder and there's no immediate way of predicting that when you sign them.

ARTPOP2
On 1/3/2019 at 11:06 AM, DiscoHeaven23 said:

When she dumps Christian and goes back to Taylor :vegas:

rs_464x749-160313161237-634.LadyGagaTayl

When she dumps both of them and goes with Bradley :vegas:

techhausmonster

I think another artist is dropping on 1/25 and that's why she delayed it. People are saying it's Ariana dropping either her next single or the album. 

Lord Temptation

Meghan...that names rings a bell :messga:

Isn’t she from 2013-14? :messga:

Jks can’t wait to hear her new sound. :messga: Well...hoping it’s a new sound. :messga:

Bonkers
On 1/3/2019 at 11:00 AM, Gypsy Life said:

She just got married. I doubt that album is even on her mind at all. :crossed:

Why am I not surprised she married Clay Aiken?  :toofunny:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

For a second i thought this topic was about

So is Meghan... a HUNTY!?

:air::air::air::air:  GGD has caused long-term damage to my brain 

Archived