đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Y'all need to understand Vegas

Nino

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

omg I started editing Aplause months ago and stopped because there arent good videos how could you?! lol

The godly clips of the second verse and first chorus you haven't seen yet are from my JWT dates. :legend: 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

That's exactly what GGD said on the first dates of the BTWB and the JWT...… :icega:

Don't expect GGD to remember anything :air: 

MJHolland
1 hour ago, Nino said:

In more words, she's found a source of stability in her massive rollercoaster career that will allow her to finally take care of her personal life and physical health with the downtime it gives her.

But that’s not what your OP argument is? Your OP says that she had to make this show to make MGM money? 

Listen, people are allowed to not like the show. I don’t think anyone is upset about the budget. They’re upset because the outfits and wigs didn’t look great, there was no discernible storyline, her dancing (and dancers) seemed lazy, she crossed the line between singing with a back track vs. lip syncing, the set list let people down, etc.

I have not seen many clips of the show, and I don’t share these criticisms, but they all seem like fair critiques that every pop star gets. Gaga should not and does not get to live without criticism. So just chillax. 

@Nino makes a really good point about the residency standards. While I agree that it hasn't hit the bar that she has set with her other shows (except her musicianship itself, of course), it's still kind of mesmerizing for a Vegas residency.

3 points in and ready for more

1 minute ago, MJHolland said:

But that’s not what your OP argument is? Your OP says that she had to make this show to make MGM money? 

Listen, people are allowed to not like the show. I don’t think anyone is upset about the budget. They’re upset because the outfits and wigs didn’t look great, there was no discernible storyline, her dancing (and dancers) seemed lazy, she crossed the line between singing with a back track vs. lip syncing, the set list let people down, etc.

I have not seen many clips of the show, and I don’t share these criticisms, but they all seem like fair critiques that every pop star gets. Gaga should not and does not get to live without criticism. So just chillax. 

The criticism is misinformed and I made this thread to clarify đź’¤

Gaga being a soulless cash cow isn’t what I said in my op at all 💤

I was completely chill and articulate in my op đź’¤

23 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Also not you all trashing Vegas :rip: 

There’s a lot of things to see and do. Vegas is about spending MONEY. 

The malls there are better than anything in your local town :lmao: 

I’ll cry for the ones that think robo-scheiße isn’t the coolest thing ever while I’m shopping at Hermès tbh 

Thank you for this informative thread and thank you for being so articulate about it. Hopefully it'll help people understand the context of this chapter of Gaga's career.

Awrah999

Thank you for this! Gaga’s show was amazing and her talent was on full display. It’s not supporting a new album so I think that’s why it’s hard to find a cohesive theme for basically an amalgamation of her previous tours—after you’ve had albums ranging from The Fame to Joanne, there’s bound to be some difficulty tying sex crazed alien Government Hooker aesthetic to country bumpkin anthem Million Reasons. In any case, just her singing Shallow alone makes the ticket worth it, and I’m glad I’ve snatched up a piano/jazz show ticket as well because those of you scoffing at this show after watching YouTube videos of it clearly underestimate the power of Gaga’s live vocals and undeniable talent. 

13 minutes ago, YCHofficial said:

Who is ''Y'all'', because I better have nothing to do with this. 

You commented so you do now :sis:

GagaUnderYou
1 hour ago, giskardsb said:

OMG, an entertainer making money by entertaining people.  Say it isn't so!

Well the money making machine reference came from Gaga herself. And if you read what I mentioned I said “for vegas” not just her making money in general. This thread is about Enigma being designed for Vegas. 

Ew at some of the responses in here. As someone who enjoyed most of the Enigma show and only disliked the narrative / storyline im also surprised to see the more vicious comments coming from ppl who enjoyed the show. There are several posts here with members implying they are richer and superior and other below the belt comments. It's so strange to me that the ppl who are complaining about those complaining are the ones making the bulk of the meaner comments. Ppl are aloud to have differing opinions, to criticize and to dislike the show even after having explainations that it is a vegas show and that standards need to be lowered. Let them be (as long as they are fairly polite about it...which most have been at least in this thread). OP's first post made several points though.

A Hybrid

I was on the “This show is bad” team but after watching high quality Judas and Yoü And I and reading this thread, I see it more positive. I still dislike the story and the dominance of TF though.

No family’s safe when I sashay

Trxstan

spoiler alert?

From what I've seen the show looks spectacular. It seems as though she went more for the Cirque Du Soleil story telling with cool effects (the robot) route instead of the 'I'm well known enough I'm gonna sing my greatest hits' route. I love how theatrical it is. I think it's marketed more towards the gp who are looking for an experience, not a concert.

woop hey there keep scrolling

• Admin changed the title to Y'all need to understand Vegas

Archived