Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Y'all need to understand Vegas

Nino

Featured Posts

andy232000
4 minutes ago, Gagadonna said:

well, in terms of performance, she met all my expectations, she even exceeded them: the energy, the dancing, the vocals... ugh her mind. I'm just whining about the awkward wig/make-up and some songs on the setlist (BDR, The Fame and not Perfect Illusion or Venus). It's not like it's something impossible to fix

same! the main issue I have is the outfits and wigs. I think the set list is fine and vocals as well 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
giskardsb
5 minutes ago, Gagadonna said:

well, in terms of performance, she met all my expectations, she even exceeded them: the energy, the dancing, the vocals... ugh her mind. I'm just whining about the awkward wig/make-up and some songs on the setlist (BDR, The Fame and not Perfect Illusion or Venus). It's not like it's something impossible to fix

Well, everyone will have a different opinion about Set list.  I'd love PI also, but clearly she has set this up as a POP show more than anything.  Personally I prefer BDR and TF as songs over Venus.   I mean, if I did the setlist it would have all the hard hitting rock oriented songs and everything would be massively rock remixed. :rockstar:

Kimblue
14 minutes ago, Gagadonna said:

Well, that's most certainly not the place I would want to go to (minus Gaga) if I were to go to America :triggered:

It’s one of the most fun places to visit anywhere. Stay poor and pressed though.

Just now, NewUsername said:

This! 

Nino, we're comparing pop shows: tours / Las Vegas on one side and C2C Jazz shows on the other side ...

Also, those last few lines of your last post were really uncalled for.

That's like comparing the world cup to a backyard game with your friends from when you were 12 though. That's the point of this thread. The people who are wrongly criticizing enigma for the most part weren't whining this hard BEFORE the show. People need to stop making judgments on things they obviously don't understand.

Glamourpuss
19 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

It might be a step up for vegas but its a step down for Gaga. so naturally, international fans who are used to high levels of showmanship wont be pleased. your logic is like saying that we should accept mediocre performances just because they are considered “high profile” within their current context. just because they are considered good at Vegas doesnt mean its on par with higher quality shows she has given in the past. 

It's not that you should accept mediocre performances but that you should accept that it's a theatre in Vegas and that it can't be a show on a grander scale because of limitations such as the size of the venue, etc. 

14 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

you cant seriously compare a jazz show to a pop show. Las vegas is in the same ambiance or lane as a pop show, a jazz show isnt. i dont think theres a correlation at all

I think what they meant was you're still talking as though you don't understand it's a different style of show. People can accept Gaga does things differently with her jazz shows but can't accept that Vegas is another kind of show that's in it's own category.

alextruper17
10 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

It might be a step up for vegas but its a step down for Gaga. so naturally, international fans who are used to high levels of showmanship wont be pleased. your logic is like saying that we should accept mediocre performances just because they are considered “high profile” within their current context. just because they are considered good at Vegas doesnt mean its on par with higher quality shows she has given in the past. 

This. I understand now that Gaga has taken Vegas to another level, but her personal level has down.

For Non US fans, or at least of what I’ve read, it’s not worth it to go to the show if you don’t like “The Vegas experience”.

Personally, I’m not interested on Las Vegas, The city looks pretty but it’s not my cup of tea. 

And well, Gaga would be the only reason to go, but I know I can expect a better show when she goes on tour and cheaper. 

Tbh, I prefer a “non Las Vegas high level” show” and just a simple tour

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

Gagadonna
1 minute ago, Kimblue said:

It’s one of the most fun places to visit anywhere. Stay poor and pressed though.

for people with low standards and no sense of culture (aka many people), it sure is a fun place to go and spend lots of money :vegas: 

I'll save my money for countries with actual life changing experiences :party:

4 minutes ago, alextruper17 said:

This. I understand now that Gaga has taken Vegas to another level, but her personal level has down.

For Non US fans, or at least of what I’ve read, it’s not worth it to go to the show if you don’t like “The Vegas experience”.

Personally, I’m not interested on Las Vegas, The city looks pretty but it’s not my cup of tea. 

And well, Gaga would be the only reason to go, but I know I can expect a better show when she goes on tour and cheaper. 

Tbh, I prefer a “non Las Vegas high level” show” and just a simple tour

Except this is massively better than her own Theater tours and a huge step up for that kind of venue. Heavy hitters like Bruno Mars and Britney Spears are turning toward theaters on theater too. It's honestly a better concert experience even if the stages can't be equally as extravagant. But Gaga found a way to recreate most of that extravagance. This was literally revolutionary....

andy232000
9 minutes ago, Nino said:

Actually traditionally Vegas shows are Jazz shows. That's the reputation of the city from before the days of Britney and Celine. Why do you think she did so many concerts with Tony there? Have a seat. Go edit together cell phone recordings of shows you're not enough of a fan to go to yourself. I'm talking with real fans. :spin:

i just say that that might have been the norm for vegas years ago, but not in the present...and enigma was advertized as a pop show,not a traditional vegas, which makes it comparable to her past pop shows and any other pop show. I get that its different than other vegaa shows, but its still natural to look back at her show history when thats what they are seemingly selling. 

and thanks for that last comment...it was very nice...

1 minute ago, Gagadonna said:

for people with low standards and no sense of culture (aka many people), it sure is a fun place to go and spend lots of money :vegas: 

You can't handle all this American lavishness. You're literally shook :lmao:

1 minute ago, andy232000 said:

i just say that that might have been the norm for vegas years ago, but not in the present...and enigma was advertized as a pop show,not a traditional vegas, which makes it comparable to her past pop shows and any other pop show. I get that its different than other vegaa shows, but its still natural to look back at her show history when thats what they are seemingly selling. 

and thanks for that last comment...it was very nice...

This is what a more popular, more successful artist did with that same space. Enough said.

alextruper17
20 minutes ago, Nino said:

Too bad you probably can't afford it anyway :huntyga:

Wow. You are really being offensive. Not because he doesn’t like your city that means he can’t afford it. 

I guess that’s the real you. 

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

Kimblue
3 minutes ago, Gagadonna said:

Lol I find both types of traveling to be enjoyable.  Not everyone is trapped in a box.

Just now, alextruper17 said:

Wow. You are really being offensive. Not because he doesn’t like your city that means he can’t afford it. 

I guess that’s the real you. 

He's literally insulting my entire country and I'm the bad person for pointing he couldn't even afford to visit Las Vegas(NOT my city)? :laughga: 

2 minutes ago, Kimblue said:

Lol I find both types of traveling to be enjoyable.  Not everyone is trapped in a box.

Notice how he said he'd rather SAVE his money for those experiences, as in he himself hasn't had them. It's just typical pretentious anti-american drivel. If Belgium was the cultural center of the modern world and the richest country on Earth he'd understand the Vegas experience a bit more.

• Admin changed the title to Y'all need to understand Vegas

Archived