Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Charts and awards discussion - the untouchable title

Andreu

Featured Posts

Andreu

I want to go see a rapper so bad next week but I find no one to go with (and it's not the type of thing you can go alone, thats not the problem, I've gone to some shows alone)

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ViviLittleM

The idea that one of Gaga's singles can be swiftly and thoroughly removed from the Internet at large is a curious one. Upon its release, “Do What U Want,” the second single from her 2013 album ARTPOP, was a modest hit for Gaga: it has sold 1.2 million downloads to date, according to Nielsen Music, and accrued 92.6 million on-demand U.S. streams. The song, which Gaga and Kelly performed together on Saturday Night Live and at the 2013 American Music Awards, peaked at No. 13 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Even with its removal from streaming, the Lady Gaga-R. Kelly version of “Do What U Want” has not been erased from existence: the song is still available on the physical edition of ARTPOP, of which 477,000 copies have been sold on CD and vinyl, per Nielsen Music. Radio stations still have the right to play the version, and users can still upload it to YouTube, although they risk being marked unauthorized content by Interscope.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8493148/how-lady-gaga-removed-r-kelly-collaboration-streaming-services

PanPikus

I didn't post yesterday cause all that DWUW bs was too much... The best song of her entire discography treated like a piece of ****. I hate twitter rats.

Anyway.

Poland
ASIB #10 (-2) *second week in Top10*

Na Wojtusia z popielnika, iskiereczka mruga, chodź opowiem Ci bajeczkę, bajka będzie długa...

PanPikus

That new Calvin Harris song is soooooo good. I can see it being another huge european hit. :music:

Also, this slaps a biT :giveup:

Na Wojtusia z popielnika, iskiereczka mruga, chodź opowiem Ci bajeczkę, bajka będzie długa...

Vitleysingur
4 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

It’s also worth noting that “Do What U Want” is credited as a Lady Gaga song featuring R. Kelly, not as a duet between Gaga and Kelly. In instances where the word “featuring” is used, those artists typically are not paid artist royalties for that song, instead being compensated with an upfront fee or by trading favors. Therefore, Kelly is likely not missing out on any royalties as the guest star on the version of “Do What U Want” that has been removed.

This is interesting. :koons:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

Andreu
Hace 2 minutos, PanPikus dijo:

sombrero nueva canción de Calvin Harris es tan bueno. Puedo ver que es otro gran éxito europeo.:música:

Well I see it becoming a flop like nuh ready so idk

ViviLittleM

UK:

Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper’s Shallow, from A Star Is Born, was voted Best Original Song, and bounces 24-21 (14,487 sales) as a result, while the album climbs for the fourth week in a row, improving 4-3 (9,418 sales).

4 minutes ago, Vitleysingur said:

It’s also worth noting that “Do What U Want” is credited as a Lady Gaga song featuring R. Kelly, not as a duet between Gaga and Kelly. In instances where the word “featuring” is used, those artists typically are not paid artist royalties for that song, instead being compensated with an upfront fee or by trading favors. Therefore, Kelly is likely not missing out on any royalties as the guest star on the version of “Do What U Want” that has been removed.

He was getting songwriting royalties though

ZiggyZiggs
5 minutes ago, Vitleysingur said:

But he’s credited as a writer

So it seems like 

DWUW ft. XTINA is flopping hard 

as it did before 5 years 

It got what it deserves 

don't attack me plz 

i hate this version 

itsdominik

Most weeks in the Top 10 in Austria

Poker Face - 26 weeks - #1 peak

Bad Romance - 13 weeks - #1 peak