💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

reputation tour had Facial recognition tech for her stalkers

LateToCult

Featured Posts

Tbh... this is kinda creepy 

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LateToCult
55 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I don't really see the issue here to be honest. My hometown also uses facial recognition software for CCTV in public transport to identify people with awful behavior/alert the bus driver of people who are not allowed to use public transport anymore.

I think the issue with it is that it doesn’t seem like anyone other than security and Taylor knew about this. So a private company used facial recognition technology on ordinary fans who thought they were just looking at videos at a kiosk.

SharkmanthaC
2 hours ago, LateToCult said:

I think the issue with it is that it doesn’t seem like anyone other than security and Taylor knew about this. So a private company used facial recognition technology on ordinary fans who thought they were just looking at videos at a kiosk.

I agree.  I have no problem with this being used, but people should have known about it. She's got to protect herself.

she/her/hers

Woolfsmck

I can understand the concern that performers have with obsessed fans. 

Swift isn't really the only one who has every right to be worried about this kind of problem.

Some women have been raped and even murdered by people who obsess with them.

John Lennon was murder by one.

Technology to help identify such people and prevent them from causing harm is a good idea.  Tricking people into submitting to a data base recognition system is somewhat problematic in that collecting such information could be used to reverse stalk people who are innocent.   

Maybe if there was a warning that your image is being captured would be appropriate, but would likely scare off nefarious individuals who want to be anonymous in their activities. 

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

That J

I understand why this was done yet its still kinda wild, ya know. Plus its not like every single person at the shows utilized the kiosks so...what about those who didnt?

When you have stalkers tho I'm sure you do whatever you can to protect yourself. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

That J

Also...

There is no telling how often this is happening and where and we wouldnt ever know so it isnt unique to her shows.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Chickens in Malibu

The bad part about it, is deceiving her fans lol...

She could just make it mandatory to have a picture taken with consent and processed in her system, rather than having them watch something that would actually secretly process them or whatever.

Woolfsmck
1 hour ago, nicolasrumet said:

The bad part about it, is deceiving her fans lol...

She could just make it mandatory to have a picture taken with consent and processed in her system, rather than having them watch something that would actually secretly process them or whatever.

Hmmm..its not illegal to use this on someone in a public place... you give up your right to privacy when in public...I could see them using this in a different way, but when a fan/customer is viewing in a private booth, then a warning should be given.

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

GypsyBabe

This creeps me out and is an invasion of privacy. Who know's where that data/information truly goes. 

⚯͛

Is it legal? I mean if it would happen to me, I would sue, I don't give permission to my country to take my finger prints so I don't want my face to be recorded by a celebrity..

I don't care if it's her own safety.. she had to let people know and they had to agree for this..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Joshie S

Obviously this is such an extreme for an artist to do, but sadly is necessary. Especially after events like Arianna's concert in Manchester. 

It's sad to know that Taylor feels so threatened her team figured the only way is to have technology like this to protect her. Makes me then think about Gaga if she is in any sort of position like this. (I mean not recently, maybe.. girls been workin' it)..

I doubt they do anything with the data they get; I'd say it's purely to identify her stalkers if any have attended the concert to kidnap poor Taylor :( 

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

GypsyBabe
30 minutes ago, River said:

Is it legal? I mean if it would happen to me, I would sue, I don't give permission to my country to take my finger prints so I don't want my face to be recorded by a celebrity..

I don't care if it's her own safety.. she had to let people know and they had to agree for this..

I agree with this. It's like taking a fingerprint without permission. 

Also, doesn't security get paid a **** ton of money to keep stalkers away from her to begin with. :interestinga:

⚯͛

GypsyBabe
1 minute ago, Joshie S said:

Obviously this is such an extreme for an artist to do, but sadly is necessary. Especially after events like Arianna's concert in Manchester. 

It's sad to know that Taylor feels so threatened her team figured the only way is to have technology like this to protect her. Makes me then think about Gaga if she is in any sort of position like this. (I mean not recently, maybe.. girls been workin' it)..

I doubt they do anything with the data they get; I'd say it's purely to identify her stalkers if any have attended the concert to kidnap poor Taylor :( 

Nope. It's inappropriate. I don't give anyone permission to use facial recognition technology, which takes a 3D scan of my unique face to put in some database. That is psychotic. Celebrities pay their security for a reason. Use them appropriately. 

⚯͛

LateToCult
5 hours ago, That J said:

Also...

There is no telling how often this is happening and where and we wouldnt ever know so it isnt unique to her shows.  

Inb4 Enigma has this. :ladyhaha:

Archived