💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

reputation tour had Facial recognition tech for her stalkers

LateToCult

Featured Posts

LateToCult

(CNN)Taylor Swift reportedly has no shortage of stalkers, and an expert says she used facial recognition to try and identify them.

Mike Downing, chief security officer of Oak View Group, an advisory board for concert venues including Madison Square Garden in New York and the Forum in Los Angeles, told Rolling Stone magazine a special kiosk was set up at Swift's Rose Bowl show in May.

He said fans were able to view rehearsal clips at the kiosk, while at the same time facial recognition technology was used to send images back to a Nashville "command post" and those were cross-checked against the hundreds of Swift's known stalkers.

"Everybody who went by would stop and stare at it, and the software would start working," said Downing, whom the publication said was present at the concert as a guest of the kiosk company to view how it all worked.

Sarah St. Vincent, a researcher and advocate for Human Rights Watch, told Slate companies should make people aware when such technology is being used.

“Companies have a responsibility to respect human rights, and they need to make sure any monitoring that they do is really limited to what is strictly necessary to achieve a legitimate aim," St. Vincent said. "If this company is learning that this person is attending a Taylor Swift concert and maybe stood next to certain other people or went to the bar to get a drink or engaged in other things, that's data that's valuable for them to sell." 

CNN has reached out to Swift's rep for comment.

The pop star has so many stalkers that the issue was the subject of a Psychology Today article in October.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/12/13/entertainment/taylor-swift-facial-recognition/index.html

This is kind of icky on her part. I understand her wanting to be safe but you don’t need to use facial recognition technology on your fans to accomplish this. She already has top notch security and the venues where this was used are also very safe. The only real argument I can think of to defend this is that maybe she wanted to arrest anyone she has a restraining order on?

Anyway looks like Miss Swift has pics of all the West Hollywood gays now.  :laughga:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mirages

I mean I get it... She basically has no private life, she invited her fans to her home clearly that won't help the stalker situation, but I can see why she's scared. It's still funny though 

I'm the bitch that's fragile

crisTEAne

i don't find it problematic.

as gagz once said, "take my picture, hollywood, i wanna be a star."

take my pic, taytay, i wanna be... that's right, i remain the same person. no biggie.

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Part of me believes that Gaga stopped having too much interaction with fans because it got too risky for everyone in the industry and I also think Taylor should chill a little with these type of stuff, one or two meet and greets is cool, but there are always perverts and schizophrenic people out there trying to kill her or do other stuff.

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

TimisaMonster

She brought it upon herself...sad she has to take such bizarre measures, but...

#LookWhatYouMadeThemDo...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

bloody g

I think it is important, I wish Gaga did it too

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

ChromaticPrincess
50 minutes ago, Gohan said:

Part of me believes that Gaga stopped having too much interaction with fans because it got too risky for everyone in the industry and I also think Taylor should chill a little with these type of stuff, one or two meet and greets is cool, but there are always perverts and schizophrenic people out there trying to kill her or do other stuff.

I think it was also because after ARTPOP a lot of stans kinda turned on her. But yeah she definitely also did it because there are definitely Gaga fanatics out there.

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

Supersonic

I don't really see the issue here to be honest. My hometown also uses facial recognition software for CCTV in public transport to identify people with awful behavior/alert the bus driver of people who are not allowed to use public transport anymore.

Lord Temptation

If I were her I’d be more scared of all the security personnel tracking me. Like how many guards and security technology experts does one need to feel safe??? Who knows what lurks behind the shield.

Archived