💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Joseph Kahn makes RACIST remark/shades ASIB

SPARTACUS

Featured Posts

SPARTACUS
9 minutes ago, Sassy McSass said:

This is what he was referring, thanks. I just think it’s so mean that this person to reduce Dave Chapelle’s excelent work in this film to that. Makes me pitty him.

15 minutes ago, TheShameMonster said:

so some research y'all. he's referring to the American film archetype "the Magical Negro" which is basically every movie's token black character that's only there to move the plot for main white characters.

but probs should've used quotations

IDGAF what he's referring to - under no circumstance do you refer to a black person as "Negro." :wtf:

Though yes I suppose using quotation marks would've helped.

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

IDGAF what he's referring to - under no circumstance do you refer to a black person as "Negro." :wtf:

Though yes I suppose using quotation marks would've helped.

you just did sis....

cut it out with this blatant virtue signalling lol

the only offensive thing about that post is that he reduced Dave Chapelle's character into a Hollywood trope.

angels forever, forever angels

David LaChapele's contribution wasn't the greatest thing ever. He's a laid back bro, an old friend that comes out of nowhere. Clearly he's just a friend that appears to solve some unecessary plot weakness, or reforce it.

However, what is sad is how everything as to be about race. Forcing this kind of mentality will never stop racism from being a thing. And im not talking about this sad man's remarks, but the people in this thread

Hennies, there is no "Magical negro" here, yall reaching. Anyone in this movie would be "lesser" than the great rock star. He's just a friend that accomodates him at his home. He's not portraied in a demeanor way.

Horrible how someone decided to make such a statement in mid december. Like.. how sad are you

37 minutes ago, TheShameMonster said:

so some research y'all. he's referring to the American film archetype "the Magical Negro" which is basically every movie's token black character that's only there to move the plot for main white characters.

No. This movie is a tragic love story between 2 people. Basically everyone in the movie, black or white, is there to move the plot for the main characters. Only Sam Elliot manages to create a little bit more.

The fact that he only sees it as a problem for the black actor says a lot about him. Hopefully Taylor wont support such a hatefull person. 

Another Gaga win, another OGH meltdown. It’s very sad to watch, Id wish he was more creative at shade so it could be at least entertaining, but it’s almost 2019 and it’s tired at this point. 

Robo Ga
1 hour ago, TheShameMonster said:

Ok I wasn't going to say anything but if I was going to criticize ASIB it would be for this. Plus, they suddenly get married in a black church etc when there are hardly any other POC in the film and then the film just moves along... slightly problematique :laughga: Not saying I agree with Kahn bc he's an a**hole but I did notice it. 

🤖⚡️

Pacify Him

We need to stop glorifying this amateur bastard.

Ill end him as soon as I make it into this industry

I’m getting on your nerves

Mirages

What a lovely person he must be and a person who's happy with himself and his life might I add. 

I'm the bitch that's fragile

SpeechIess
58 minutes ago, Vegas said:

Another Gaga win, another OGH meltdown. It’s very sad to watch, Id wish he was more creative at shade so it could be at least entertaining, but it’s almost 2019 and it’s tired at this point. 

the OGH's are LOSING miserably this year, even the blue check-marked ones. we keep winning :hor:

Archived