Apple Music
question

What's wrong morally on Lady Gaga's Judas?

Featured Posts

gagaxgaga

so i have a assignment for searching inappropriate moral, and i got Lady Gaga Judas Music Video (lucky me) but i can't find what's morally wrong about Lady Gaga Judas, and what's the impact of that

Edited by gagaxgaga

KatieJudasGaga4

You shouldn't put all caps as the title, you will get a warning for that.

I’m just a Holy Fool, oh baby he’s so cruel, But I’m still in love with Judas, baby
  • Like 1

Antonoff

Mainly bc catholics thought it was offensive to make a third-wheel love story between Jesus, Judas and the character Gaga portrayed

but those religion people get offended by everything so

Edited by Antonoff
... and now i just sit in silence.
  • Thanks 1

Leo

Well, it's not a case of 'what's morally wrong with it', but just what people perceive as being wrong with it.

It got a lot of controversy because it was released on a religious holiday (I think) and they had an actor play the role of Jesus in the video, which a lot of people have issues with. Also, being 'in love with Judas' is probably a big deal for some Christians, seeing as he is a big villain in the life of Jesus.

There really isn't much immoral about the song or video to be honest, it's just about how different people reacted to it.

• Like 2

The Bling

You're only supposed to say you love Jesus :reductive:

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

RAMROD

Nothing is wrong. People, especially the religious ones, are just misunderstood and being so simple minded about it all.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ kek ♥

Batwings

As Gaga has said many times, the song is entirely metaphorical. She's not literally saying she loves Judas and not Jesus. It's all a metaphor for choosing the wrong guy over the right guy.

However, if you want to get really technical, there are allusions to murder ("sink a dead body"), loving a false prophet ("I'll wash is feet with my hair if he needs"), acknowledging one's own sinful nature ("beyond repentance," "prostitute wench").

• Like 10
  • Love 3

Bloody Grammys

Nothing really...

Maybe and just maybe, the excessive usage of christian symbolism. But she is a christian herself so...

you betta stream it guys

KatieJudasGaga4
6 minutes ago, Bloody Grammys said:

Nothing really...

Maybe and just maybe, the excessive usage of christian symbolism. But she is a christian herself so...

I thought she was Catholic

I’m just a Holy Fool, oh baby he’s so cruel, But I’m still in love with Judas, baby
  • LMAO 12

Anisko

There's nothing wrong about judas and ART is not supposed to have a moral value ... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Bloody Grammys
12 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

oh

you betta stream it guys
  • LMAO 2

noisullitcefrep

Imagine having to do research on something Gaga related for school:messga: iconic

• Like 4

Lippoutou
15 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

All Catholics are Christians

• Like 7
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 3