Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Sociology of Lady Gaga (Course & Book)

SharkmanthaC

Featured Posts

SharkmanthaC

Has anyone ever taken the course Lady Gaga and the Sociology of Fame at the University of South Carolina? I'm not sure if it's offered completely online or not, but I had heard about it awhile ago and looked it up.  Just wondering if anyone has ever taken this and what your thoughts were. I doubt I will ever take it, as I imagine you have to be a full time student there and not just there for one class, but the book looks interesting (and expensive!).

http://www.gagacourse.net/

https://www.amazon.com/Lady-Gaga-Sociology-Fame-Celebrity/dp/113758467X

she/her/hers

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FfFfFfFF

I'm in my first year of university and I'm always thinking how easy would it be to have a course about her. :emma: like serioulsy I know her quotes by heart, her albums, singles, photoshoots, performances etc.

FATCAT
10 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I'm in my first year of university and I was thinking how easy would it be to have a course about her. :emma: like serioulsy I know her quotes by heart, her albums, singles, photoshoots, performances etc.

The course, as I can tell, is just a normal sociology class except that it uses Gaga as an example. So, it won't be easy if you don't already have a background in sociology.

The class isn't offered online, and it is not recommended for those that aren't already in sociology classes.

Purr more, hiss less.

SharkmanthaC
34 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

The course, as I can tell, is just a normal sociology class except that it uses Gaga as an example. So, it won't be easy if you don't already have a background in sociology.

The class isn't offered online, and it is not recommended for those that aren't already in sociology classes.

The book looks interesting though. If you look at the preview, it appears to be all about her. I took several sociology classes in college, and none of them were easy! 

she/her/hers

Shipper
7 minutes ago, KleinGa said:

I once took a marketing course that had a whole module on Gaga if that counts?

Share the curriculum!!! 

Im curious. 

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

SharkmanthaC
5 hours ago, Lighter said:

Is this like a complete 4 year course and make you graduate with diploma?

Yes, I think it’s an undergrad course that gives you credit. However, it doesn’t look to be online so you’d have to be at the University of South Carolina.

she/her/hers

joannesrats
5 hours ago, Lighter said:

Is this like a complete 4 year course and make you graduate with diploma?

No this is one class 

Im in Fashion school and we were taught about Gaga in the very first year under the course on style icons. We have a lot of books about her style in our library. Including the Terry Richardson one

Archived