💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

reputation snub faces backlash

Lighter

Featured Posts

MJHolland
16 hours ago, JR Gg said:

Hardly a backlash. You're just making news up lol. It's just normal reporting that she was expected to be nominated more, but didn't. I don't see a headline or content saying 'Grammys denied Taylor her deserving nominations' :emma:

that is the definition of "snub", and a lot of media sites are indeed throwing that word around.

I do not think she was actually snubbed, but a lot of people do -- especially those in the media 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FlopSlurper
57 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

You know how critics are on Gaga......literally the said that the music is good, but not for Gaga. They based their critics on Gaga's past on how "crazy" and "weird" she was back then. They said that this type of music doesn't fit her because that isn't who Gaga is. So the review part is really unfair tbh.

this isn't true, ASIB is nothing "Gaga" yet it got high reviews :vegas:

KatieJudasGaga4
1 minute ago, FlopSlurper said:

I was talking about Joanne

Bel Esprit
2 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

It took years for Gaga to get critics back on her side after ARTPOP backlash. Look at the steady increase from ARTPOP to ASIB. Even Cheek to Cheek was mixed. :messga:

freebit

Taylor has gotten so much Grammy love in the past that people expected her to get in again, so I think this is just surprise (to some). Hence outlets reporting on it. I don't think there is a real outrage on her behalf in the media, it's mostly just her stans that are pissed. 

I do think that this is just another illustration of perception more than the music mattering for pop artists, especially female pop stars. I mean, 1989 won many awards, but I think that one was on par with Reputation. It also had huge sales and nice glossy videos. The only thing that has changed here was Taylor's profile in the media. I think VMAs and Grammys etc., do respond to how well someone is liked or seen. 

PoshLife

I won't say Reputation didn't deserve any nominations, BUT I wouldn't call it a "snub" that it only got one. It had some good songs and obviously it was really popular, but it's not like it was a masterpiece of music. It's completely conceivable that other albums were more deserving. In other words, being popular doesn't automatically earn you a grammy.

PoshLife
14 hours ago, Lighter said:

it’s those aspect

LOL are those reputation lyrics supposed to come off as genius or something?? And obviously there's more to making music than lyricism. 

Haroon

I love Taylor Swift and reputation but I wouldn't read into the nominations, there will always be someone who isn't nominated (or at least not as much as we think they may "deserve") :shrug: Just because you achieved X, Y, or Z with your album it doesn't mean it has to be nominated. I don't really know how the nomination thing works but from years of looking at the lists I just think it's unpredictable and nobody should think they have nominations on lock :sweat:

Luv u Sum

The album is not great. I'm surprised it got anything. She hasnt had a good album sonically since red and that's the tea 

I'll admit it, it's not the greatest album when you first listen to it. But this album will grow on you, and I mean GROW. I used to hate it, but now i actually really like it now that I've been listening to it more and more often. All the haters on here can say what they want, I think that the Grammy's have make a decent choice, cause this album, aside from the repeating vocoders, has some of her best vocals on it! :bye:

This is going to sound mean but i dont care, she doesnt deserve 400 nominations this year. Her music is becoming too generic and shes losing so much of what made her famous. If she went back to RED or some earlier stuff I would be annoyed that there werent more nominations but reputation was terrible

Archived