music news

reputation snub faces backlash

Lighter

Featured Posts

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thomas P

I was a bit pressed. I love rep, and I really expected her to get in, but tbh gagas noms had me so excited I don’t even care

And plus she’s got enough awards she can afford to take a hit to the ego

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Thomas P

Imo we aren’t in the place to trash swifties for being pressed because last year many of y’all through a fit due to gaga’s lack of nods....just saying :huntyga:

(rep should’ve only got a nod this year, imo no awards for her)

Thomas P
3 hours ago, Why am I on GGD said:

Both of those don't seem mind-blowing:laughga:

And that Cardi song is a full bop. 

Bicken Head is in my top songs of the year :laughga:

Runway
10 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

Imo we aren’t in the place to trash swifties for being pressed because last year many of y’all through a fit due to gaga’s lack of nods....just saying :huntyga:

We don’t talk about that anymore now gaga is Grammy darling :green:

memomemome

The good thing that reputation didn't nominated is that can give other chance to shine. This album of the year is diverse already so kudos to that.

If Taylor is nominated, let's get real here. She will win, and that *conversation* of snub etc2 will happening again. Other boycott grammy and blah blah blah.

On the album itself, yeah it's great. But not That great. Commercial wise? Yeah of course she's Taylor Swift everyone loves Taylor swift.

Lextyr97
1 hour ago, Thomas P said:

Correction: This didn’t happen. We were very much pleased with the nominations we got. We were upset because she didn’t win anything. 

FlopSlurper
1 hour ago, Thomas P said:

Gaga doesn't get nominated: omg snubbed

Tay doesn't get nominated: well it's an awful album

bloody g

It's not backlash, people are just surprised. But lowkey everyone knows it was too meh

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐹𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

FlopSlurper
21 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

Correction: This didn’t happen. We were very much pleased with the nominations we got. We were upset because she didn’t win anything. 

Yeah right, but even if it wasn't last year it's the year before, and if not the year before it's the one before etc. Anyways disappointed but not surprised at little monster's double standards against other artists 

bloody g

The problem is how other albums that are more mediocre than reputation got many more noms like Invasion Of Privacy or Scorpion

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐹𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

FATCAT
2 minutes ago, Bloody Grammys said:

The problem is how other albums that are more mediocre than reputation got many more noms like Invasion Of Privacy or Scorpion

I agree that Scorpion doesn't deserve the nod, it's not his best and not grammy worthy, but IOP is not out of place. I really want Black Panther or Dirty Computer to win. Both are really well put together. 

Purr more, hiss less.

TEANUS

Just because Taylor releases an album and sells a lot doesn’t mean she’s a given that she should be nominated for AOTY??? She’s shows change, not growth. People tend to get tired of the same story. Look at Nicki, Katy, JT, it even happened to Gaga at one point

If anything, Taylor should see this as a sign to create something brand new that shows a new woman (no not “I’m a bada$$ now cause I went through sh*t)

With that said....reputation has some bangers, but it’s not AOTY material. Neither is Scorpion or Invasion of Privacy but that’s another topic

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

9 hours ago, kennji said:

is reputation any worse than cardi's or that post malone guy's album tho

I wouldn't say so, but it also does absolutely nothing new or does the classics well. It's a pretty safe album whereas I think people admire Cardi's performance and what she brings to her record since it feels a bit more fresh. Plus, politically speaking, TSwift wasn't exactly courting favor this past year whereas this album was everything Cardi's debut and year led up to. That matters as well.

Archived