Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

reputation snub faces backlash

Lighter

Featured Posts

Only Black Panther and Dirty Computer really *deserved it* I think as if we're speaking about their place in the pop culture sphere, both are relevant albums to the past year which imo should matter. If you listen to DC you can say, "ok this was the conversation in 2018" then add on top of that that the album is musically incredible and expertly crafted and cared for. The rest I felt were just filling slots to a certain extent. No one else imo really released a body of work that was so amazing, but maybe songs here and there.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Battle 4 Ur Life

Rep is her best album. there is not doubt about it. The Grammys are so fake.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

DiscoHeaven23

I like the album, but I think the Grammys chose right.

It's a great pop album, nothing more. I also don't think there's any song that deserves an award either. Delicate is a good song, but it's because of its production, not its vocals. 

11 hours ago, Lighter said:

1989 was created because RED lost too lol.

So she makes albums just to win Grammys? :awkney:

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

Vitleysingur
2 hours ago, FlopSlurper said:

Gaga doesn't get nominated: omg snubbed

Tay doesn't get nominated: well it's an awful album

Maybe it's really not that good tho. I've been following her since Fearless but reputation really set fire to my stan card. :air:

Speak Now is Taylor at her very best and deserved all the general field awards.:noparty:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

FlopSlurper
1 minute ago, Vitleysingur said:

Maybe it's really not that good tho. I've been following her since Fearless but reputation really set fire to my stan card. :air:

Speak Now is Taylor at her very best and deserved all the general field awards.:noparty:

Not to compare her to Gaga, but she outperformed Joanne on literally every aspect, it has better reviews, sold way more, had a bigger impact, better visuals, bigger tour etc etc. Just because YOU don't like it, the millions who bought it and the critics who loved it beg to disagree.

Vitleysingur
6 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

Not to compare her to Gaga, but she outperformed Joanne on literally every aspect, it has better reviews, sold way more, had a bigger impact, better visuals, bigger tour etc etc. Just because YOU don't like it, the millions who bought it and the critics who loved it beg to disagree.

Chill gurl.

Your point is? And what does Joanne performing worse commercial wise and quality wise to do with "reputation snub faces backlash"? At the end of the day, Grammy committee agree with me lol. 

I still have faith in her and her next project. I Hope it delivers. :diane:

FlopSlurper
3 minutes ago, Vitleysingur said:

Chill gurl.

Your point is? And what does Joanne performing worse commercial wise and quality wise to do with "reputation snub faces backlash"? At the end of the day, Grammy committee agree with me lol. 

I still have faith in her and her next project. I Hope it delivers. :diane:

I'm chill thank you. And I'm not talking about grammys, I'm talking about you and the pressed monsters saying she wasn't nominated because the album was bad but when gaga isn't it's because she was snubbed, when it was better than joanne on every single aspect :vegas: 

Vitleysingur
6 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

I'm chill thank you. And I'm not talking about grammys, I'm talking about you and the pressed monsters saying she wasn't nominated because the album was bad but when gaga isn't it's because she was snubbed, when it was better than joanne on every single aspect :vegas: 

Maybe you targeted the wrong monster lmao. I am not delulu enough to cry about Joanne and ARTPOP being snubbed or whatever. Otherwise it must be tough for a Robyn stan like me to get through the award seasons. I am happy for my favs getting recognized but there is no need to meltdown over some metal statues. #musicnotthebling :stalkga:

PdogtheDaibutsu
9 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

Well I’m sorry to have to say it again to you but apparently the Grammys just didn’t think reputation was good enough. 

Every fanbase thinks their fav was snubbed when their work wasn’t nominated. You don’t need to try and drag Joanne into it. Just move on 

FlopSlurper
13 minutes ago, Vitleysingur said:

Maybe you targeted the wrong monster lmao. I am not delulu enough to cry about Joanne and ARTPOP being snubbed or whatever. Otherwise it must be tough for a Robyn stan like me to get through the award seasons. I am happy for my favs getting recognized but there is no need to meltdown over some metal statues. #musicnotthebling :stalkga:

I'm not melting down over her not getting nominated though, I'm calling out the double standards and hypocrisy of this fanbase that when someone else isn't nominated it must be because the album is bad, but when it's Gaga then she's snubbed. Rep IS nominated anyways so we stan.

Also I think Honey will be nominated next year :vegas: the grammys love her, she gets nominated often but unfortunately haven't won yet

7 minutes ago, PdogtheDaibutsu said:

Well I’m sorry to have to say it again to you but apparently the Grammys just didn’t think reputation was good enough. 

Every fanbase thinks their fav was snubbed when their work wasn’t nominated. You don’t need to try and drag Joanne into it. Just move on 

And that's my point, little monsters not only would do that, but when it's others then they'll trash them and say their album was bad hence wasn't nominated. Hell read the official nominations thread, they are calling even the ones that the grammys thought were good enough "trash", so yeah :vegas: 

StrawberryBlond

I find her snubbing very odd because as someone who's definitely not a fan of her, Reputation is in my opinion, her best album, so to see the critics almost completely paying her dust confuses me greatly. So saying, she's had more than enough nominations and wins in her time for below average material, so this makes up for it and re-dresses the balance. It's so typical how some (not all) of her fans are so entitled, though. They've been spoiled rotten with her being a Grammy darling for so long, they're shocked when she doesn't get nominated in every category any more. Most fans are happy for their fave to get one sole acknowledgement. Different worlds. I'd like to be a fly on the wall at Taylor's house right now. I'm wondering if there's a chance she'll pull an Ed Sheeran and not even bother turning up because she feels so rejected. At least now her fans (almost) know what it's like to be a Gaga fan during AP's era. Or even BTW's (though that got 3).

Bel Esprit

Taylor already has two AOTY Grammys, and the reaction to rep was somewhat mixed. I don't see a problem in it only getting one nomination. 

KatieJudasGaga4
5 hours ago, FlopSlurper said:

You know how critics are on Gaga......literally the said that the music is good, but not for Gaga. They based their critics on Gaga's past on how "crazy" and "weird" she was back then. They said that this type of music doesn't fit her because that isn't who Gaga is. So the review part is really unfair tbh.

Archived