Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Could Joanne win Best Pop Solo Performance?

Biggest Bitch

Featured Posts

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DutchHooker

I don't think she will tbh, Joanne made 0 impact.. they will choose a song that had more commercial succes. The GP doesn't even know the song. I would be extremely happy if she won, but I think the chances are very low..

Edit: I mean the song, not the album about that '0 impact'

Edit after Grammy's: RIP, karma has beaten me :rip::oops::ladyhaha:

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

Runway

Idk, the fact that a 2016 album track got nominated tells me Gaga is in the Academy's good books this year so it could happen

3 minutes ago, DutchHooker said:

I don't think she will tbh, Joanne made 0 impact.. they will choose a song that had more commercial succes. The GP doesn't even know the song. I would be extremely happy if she won, but I think the chances are very low..

have a good read sweetie :sure:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joanne_(album)#Recognition_and_impact

Spoiler

oh wait mess, u mean the where do you think you're going version :messga:

Spoiler

in which case, i concur :selena:

angels forever, forever angels

Bradley

She might. The Grammys have been very unpredictable these days. The fact that they snubbed many songs thought to not just be nominated but win, like Delicate, Perfect Duet, Reputation, I mean anything can happen.

I'll still keep my expectations low and wait for actual results.

bloody g

It's not impossible, but unlikely.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

FfFfFfFF

I could see it happening. The competition is kinda low. I don't see Grammy voters picking God Is A Woman since that song is mostly known by teenagers. Havana (Live) is forgettable.

16 minutes ago, DutchHooker said:

Funny how none of these things stopped Joanne from getting an nomination.

Antichrist
17 minutes ago, DutchHooker said:

i remember when grammys used to be about quality.

then i remember when people were complaining that grammys should be more about quality and commercial success shouldn't be a factor.

and well, here we are :emma:

DutchHooker
2 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

i remember when grammys used to be about quality.

then i remember when people were complaining that grammys should be more about quality and commercial success shouldn't be a factor.

and well, here we are :emma:

I want it to be about quality too, but the sad story is that the GP want commercial succes

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

StrawberryBlond

I think her chances are huge, much better than you'd think. It's the strangest of nominations, it isn't even considered a technical single by her fans. The track's over 2 years old, it has barely any views or likes on YouTube, it did terribly on the charts, only fans know it and its only ever had one big televised performance (which was, incidentally, at the Grammys). So, for it to be nominated really tells you something. It suggests the academy believe that, in retrospect, they made a mistake not giving her any awards for the album and feel they need to make it up to her. I think it'll be between her and Ariana, actually. It might well be where her highest chance of winning lies, as wild as that sounds. Ariana's never won a Grammy, Gaga's won 6, so that puts her ahead in the race. The others really don't stand a chance. It could well be a shock but pleasant win.

LeJudas

Well sometimes the 100 people in the academy room just fall in love with a song even if it wasn't released in the related year. For it to be nominated means 1-99 people believed in it and want it to win. So we'll see.

Anderson123

If the song is there then of course it has the chance to win but just looking at last year’s noms (Shape of You over Million Reasons, Praying, etc. ( I wouldn’t be surprised if they give it to Post Malone, Camila or even Ariana because of their popularity. 

Archived