đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Grammy Nominations - Announcement Finished (Gaga scores 5 noms)

Mirages

Featured Posts

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley

Nicki Minaj's Queen, or any singles from that album, did not get any nominations. Not even in Rap/Sung, Rap Solo, Rap Album.

:flop:

Bradley
1 minute ago, loathereality said:

uhmmm where is the carters

They were predicted to win Album of the Year, I'm surprised they weren't even nominated.

Mirages
1 minute ago, loathereality said:

uhmmm where is the carters

They got 2 noms - Best video for Apeshit and something for that album 

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Mirages

Anyone surprised by Christina's 2 nominations? Her screaming match with Demi payed off. 

DiscoHeaven23

omg OMG Nicki is prob seething. 

Cardi getting that record of the year and album over the year, and rap song, and rap album and pop duo/group...and no Nicki. But i thought she was the Queen? Sorry, thoroughly enjoying this. 

Mirages
54 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

Which artists have the most nominations? Does anyone have more than Gaga's five?

Kendrick has 8, Drake scored 7 and Brandi Carlile and someone scored 6. 

5 noms Club - Cardi, Gaga, Childish Gambino

hijadeputa

omg Nicki really got 0 nods. I'd be mad :ladyhaha: inb4 she complains  on instastory within 24hrs 

StarlightSeiya

I'm so happy that SOPHIE got her well deserved nomination. Breaking glass and random noises can get you a nomination, how about that?

Bone Apple Tea bebe

StrawberryBlond

These nominations are really something. Every turn, there's a surprise nomination or snub. By the looks of things, Beyonce and Jay Z werre lucky to get anything, they've only got 2 nominations for their actual musical content. This was for an album that got universal praise from critics and a 80/100 on Metacritic. Just shows that even the academy are now wising up and realising how ridiculous it looks to give them umpteen nominations for their solo and individual projects yet they only take home 2 or none at all at the end of the day (Lemonade and 4:44). Only one nomination for Taylor? Damn, the academy just aren't feeling this album, are they? I remember thinking it was so odd that they never put LWYMMD considering all the success it had because they always get behind Taylor's biggest single. And I would have happily put my life on Delicate getting a nomination so this has blown my mind. They're likely just giving her one nomination as a message that they're not totally over her and because she's Taylor after all, but it's still a message to her that she better buck up her ideas next time. Which is so ironic as in my opinion, Reputation was her best album. Ariana only getting 2 was surprising considering how much the critics loved Sweetener. I think the nominations are understandable, just thought there would be more. Camila had so much potential and could've got more if her label had pushed her more but they've let her flop. Ed got nothing which is a shocker. Perfect was a huge song, one of Ed's most successful ever, so how it got completely snubbed, solor or duet, is mindblowing. Maybe the academy really listened to the public who were calling his wins this year unwarranted and were furious that he won despite not being there? That was probably the most infuriating thing about him winning - he couldn't even be bothered to show up. He wasn't ill, he didn't have a prior engagement, he just wanted to stay at home with his new fiancee. I think it maybe made the academy realise he was ungrateful and getting too big for his boots and decided to give him a pass this time around. And no Nicki nominations either but Cardi got 5. There'll be a lot of broken ornaments in her house tonight. And for all that, Xtina has 2 nominations. Don't know how she got the one for Like I Do as that song's terrible and wasn't even a single but Fall In Line was well-deserved and was a nomination I badly wanted but never imagined possible. Go Xtina!

And by the way, the nominations for Best Video are truly shocking, if none of you have seen them. All 5 of them are by black artists and 3 of them are about race relations, 1 is about loving your vagina/lesbianism and the last one is a totally barmy piece of WTF that hasn't even amassed 500k views in the 14 months its been out. Agenda-pushing if ever I saw it. Xtina and Demi should've had one for Fall In Line, that was such a true, sad video. And now we know why Gaga didn't get a nomination for Joanne's music video. When we're up against agenda pushing like this, what do you expect?

6 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

omg OMG Nicki is prob seething. 

Cardi getting that record of the year and album over the year, and rap song, and rap album and pop duo/group...and no Nicki. But i thought she was the Queen? Sorry, thoroughly enjoying this. 

I think it's so embarrassing that this album, her lowest seller, with her lowest selling singles, with her lowest critical and public reception, with her postponed tour, with her public fall from grace...is the album that she decided to call "Queen." Talk about "pride cometh before a fall." If Bradley wins, he'll have a Grammy before her. This is a Grammys that I am living for!

Archived