💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Grammy Nominations - Announcement Finished (Gaga scores 5 noms)

Mirages

Featured Posts

Grigio Guy

As long as Dua Lipa wins Best New Artist, Shallow wins at least one big Grammy, and Fall in Line wins Pop Duo, I will be at peace :vegas:

Religion is a product to sell.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
littlepotter

8 hours ago, HosedDownGypsy said:

I only see visual media happening:ohwell:

Get a new pair of glasses :poot:

chaeri pls

DeleteMyAccount
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

These nominations are really something. Every turn, there's a surprise nomination or snub. By the looks of things, Beyonce and Jay Z werre lucky to get anything, they've only got 2 nominations for their actual musical content. This was for an album that got universal praise from critics and a 80/100 on Metacritic. Just shows that even the academy are now wising up and realising how ridiculous it looks to give them umpteen nominations for their solo and individual projects yet they only take home 2 or none at all at the end of the day (Lemonade and 4:44). Only one nomination for Taylor? Damn, the academy just aren't feeling this album, are they? I remember thinking it was so odd that they never put LWYMMD considering all the success it had because they always get behind Taylor's biggest single. And I would have happily put my life on Delicate getting a nomination so this has blown my mind. They're likely just giving her one nomination as a message that they're not totally over her and because she's Taylor after all, but it's still a message to her that she better buck up her ideas next time. Which is so ironic as in my opinion, Reputation was her best album. Ariana only getting 2 was surprising considering how much the critics loved Sweetener. I think the nominations are understandable, just thought there would be more. Camila had so much potential and could've got more if her label had pushed her more but they've let her flop. Ed got nothing which is a shocker. Perfect was a huge song, one of Ed's most successful ever, so how it got completely snubbed, solor or duet, is mindblowing. Maybe the academy really listened to the public who were calling his wins this year unwarranted and were furious that he won despite not being there? That was probably the most infuriating thing about him winning - he couldn't even be bothered to show up. He wasn't ill, he didn't have a prior engagement, he just wanted to stay at home with his new fiancee. I think it maybe made the academy realise he was ungrateful and getting too big for his boots and decided to give him a pass this time around. And no Nicki nominations either but Cardi got 5. There'll be a lot of broken ornaments in her house tonight. And for all that, Xtina has 2 nominations. Don't know how she got the one for Like I Do as that song's terrible and wasn't even a single but Fall In Line was well-deserved and was a nomination I badly wanted but never imagined possible. Go Xtina!

And by the way, the nominations for Best Video are truly shocking, if none of you have seen them. All 5 of them are by black artists and 3 of them are about race relations, 1 is about loving your vagina/lesbianism and the last one is a totally barmy piece of WTF that hasn't even amassed 500k views in the 14 months its been out. Agenda-pushing if ever I saw it. Xtina and Demi should've had one for Fall In Line, that was such a true, sad video. And now we know why Gaga didn't get a nomination for Joanne's music video. When we're up against agenda pushing like this, what do you expect?

Ugh, I know. Enough with all these black people.

sarcasm

DiscoHeaven23
59 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I think it's so embarrassing that this album, her lowest seller, with her lowest selling singles, with her lowest critical and public reception, with her postponed tour, with her public fall from grace...is the album that she decided to call "Queen." Talk about "pride cometh before a fall." If Bradley wins, he'll have a Grammy before her. This is a Grammys that I am living for!

I love all the shade in your facts. We stan Strawberry Blond's comments

Grigio Guy
58 minutes ago, Andreu said:

:excuseu:

Sis, everything about that song is amazing. The first time I listened to it, I, genuinely, had goosebumps.

Religion is a product to sell.

Somebody tell me why was Rockstar nominated when it isn't eligible? 

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

JennyWayne

I'm still suprised that the Grammys almost completely snubbed Taylor this year, since they always love her. Didn't expect her to win, but I'm still suprised that reputation didn't get a AOTY nom and Delicate was snubbed from SOTY and ROTY

StrawberryBlond
18 hours ago, ZacharyMark said:

Ugh, I know. Enough with all these black people.

sarcasm

Oh, come on. I support black artists a lot. Almost all my favourite rappers are black. I've been pleased for Cardi's 5 nominations. I'm merely pointing out that I think the race angle is really tired right now, nobody's saying anything profound, it's too preachy and nonsensical a lot of the time. This Is America barely has any lyrics in it and they don't even say anything of substance. People just hop on it because they like the message behind it, as opposed to the actual quality of it. White artists don't get praised when they release rubbish like this. Are you trying to tell me that this was worthy of nomination?

It just irritates me that such blatant badness is celebrated. I feel like I'm going nuts. And it's all to do with the race with artists, that's the whole reason stuff like this, which has barely amassed any views and likes, gets a consideration. Granted, music videos have been non-eventful for a while. But that doesn't mean they've been so bad that this is as good as it gets. You mean to tell me that the above was better than this video, involving women who could actually sing, enunciated clearly, had many lyrics with something to say and had an interesting video?

I just can't stand when truly amazing, non-pretentious art with something to say is abandoned in favour of mindless agenda-pushing. And remember, black people only make up a small portion of American society and the Grammys are basically American awards. Surely having an all-black nomination line-up is unrealistic, just as unrealistic as having 5 white people when 100% of the population is not white? It's not a matter of saying I don't want black artists nominated, it's a matter of saying that I don't want to see artists nominated just because they're black, just because they've got a race-related message. I'm all for supporting videos with a message, but there's a line to be drawn. And that line is when you only want very specific messages sent out and your support only seems to go towards one kind of message. Put it this way, I'm a feminist woman, but if all 5 nominated videos were about feminist messages, I'd say it was going too far. You can get too much of a good thing and it doesn't come off well.

18 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

I love all the shade in your facts. We stan Strawberry Blond's comments

Thanks a lot, glad some people appreciate them! I do like telling it like it is with a dose of reality instead of mindlessly fawning over certain people just because we're told to.

LeJudas
On 12/7/2018 at 4:38 AM, nicolasrumet said:

Apparently Shawn Mendes is going to be nominated since he's announcing Record Of The Year (he'll probably be in either Song Of The Year or Best Pop Solo)

For what exactly?:huntyga:

LeJudas
On 12/7/2018 at 10:26 AM, StarlightSeiya said:

I'm so happy that SOPHIE got her well deserved nomination. Breaking glass and random noises can get you a nomination, how about that?

Well Skrillex has won many awards 

And that's a good thing, awarding good music in not-normal genres.

Mirages
48 minutes ago, LeJudas said:

For what exactly?:huntyga:

He got a SOTY nod for In My Blood

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Bel Esprit

This is the best the Grammy noms have been in YEARS, and not just cause they are finally giving Gaga the noms she deserves. 

Archived