💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Beyoncé & Ed Sheeran’s outfit choices spark a debate about gender standards

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Lextyr97

I think this is wrong. Artists create their own expectations from either how they choose to style and present themselves. We become used to it and when they don’t do it anymore, we get upset. If Gaga came out in jeans and a t shirt at the start of her career, we wouldn’t have any issue because we are used to it. I’m high idk if that made sense. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reginald

Sheeran isn't Adam Lambert, Michael Jackson, Bowie, Elton, Prince... He's not a fashion icon like Beyonce 

I'm sure his fans expected the just-got-out-of-bed look

Gaga has said this exact same thing that women are expected to be on full hair and makeup and dance and sing. People wouldn’t be happy if Adele or Beyoncé did a whole tour in the outfits Ed wears

nirvana-mtv-unplugged-1994-billboard-650

Kurt gave one of the best unplugged performances with those clothes.. if it was now, he would get a backlash for those clothes :awkney:

Female artists has the power to make a change and go with casual clothes on stage, in some sense they taught us to have this expectations about their clothes.

Gaga, Beyonce, Madonna, all of them, has the power to do that, to wear what they want, but they are fashion icons so they took this job to wear top clothes every single time they are performing, it's their job.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Bolkins
2 minutes ago, River said:

nirvana-mtv-unplugged-1994-billboard-650

Kurt gave one of the best unplugged performances with those clothes.. if it was now, he would get a backlash for those clothes :awkney:

I think Kurt was casual but at least he had some sort of understanding on what clothes looked good on him. He was a fashion icon of his time, he didn’t follow trends but his particular style sure started them. Ed clearly has zero concern about his appearance, he dresses in the sort of clothes a teenager would wear. 

9 minutes ago, WohnJayne said:

I think Kurt was casual but at least he had some sort of understanding on what clothes looked good on him. He was a fashion icon of his time, he didn’t follow trends but his particular style sure started them. Ed clearly has zero concern about his appearance, he dresses in the sort of clothes a teenager would wear. 

But kids these days wouldn't approve Kurt, the 90s were particular in the sense of fashion, it was so casual that even Madonna went with casual clothes for the ROL video..

I'm far from being a fan of Ed, but the way he dressed is also part of what made him successful, the clothes makes him "one of the people" and it's making people like him instead of seeing him as a far away and rich celebrity..

Yes the clothes are super ugly but it's his choice and we should respect that.. he never signed for the fashion police anyway...

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

What did they want, Ed wearing some crazy out of this world outfit? His style is more toned down, so there is nothing wrong there.

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

Reality

Perhaps they should have compared different artists instead of using Beyoncé and Ed, but I understand where people are coming from. In this particular scenario, it’s more about who the artist is and what their style is rather than whether rather than their gender, but males and females are treated differently when it comes to the “beauty standards” and things like that. 

Women are put in a higher standard than men. Look at literally any red carpet. The women are often the ones that are heavily critiqued, not the men. Sure, it may be because women often wear more daring outfits than men, but that goes back to how they’re viewed and treated in the first place.

With Beyoncé and Ed, this is mainly based off of their style and their artistic license, but people do have a point when they say that there is a double standard when it comes to how men are portrayed in society vs women.

🃏🖤👹

I might even go so far as to say she dressed more extravagant than usual to serve as a striking visual contrast to his everyday attire for the sake of artistry

Cody James

When P!nk performed Wild Hearts Can’t Be Broken last year, she dressed down too, but yes, Ed pisses me off. 

So what's the point? I think they both decided what to wear. It's not about gender or that crazy stuff. 

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

3 hours ago, River said:

"Gaga in casual clothes omg what happened to her? she's losing it, she's saying goodbye to her career, this is why we loved her in the first place!!!!!!!!!!"

this. I am done with this world. Or even better get your freak on ! BE DIFFERENT BE ENIGMA LOL

Archived