Apple Music
life

Gaga: "I ran away from Stefani & put on a superhero cape called Lady Gaga"

Featured Posts

Harry X
6 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Exactly this. How I feel about it? I stopped being a stan for Gaga years ago, she has contradicted herself so much in different ways.

Thank you, that was what I tried to find and realize. It's just a fact.

Edited by Harry X
  • Like 1

derpmonster
3 hours ago, Lippoutou said:

Yet in 2011 she shouted everywhere that Stefani and Gaga are the exact same person and if you called her Stefani you didn't understand anything. I don't know how to feel about it.

I think part of her still thinks that's true. To a degree. Things don't always have to be so absolute. Maybe in 2011, she was really living as Gaga 24x7. Around ARTPOP, she hinted at being a "hybrid" - and that's how she still is. She's a hybrid. 

• Like 1

derpmonster
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

But how is playing a role on a movie better than "playing" Lady Gaga, who supposedly is a part of her? :messga:

Like, she literally said she's nothing like Ally, and would never write her music for herself. So where is this sudden psychological authenticity coming from? Or is she just talking about the process of making the film then? :interestinga: Still, that doesn't explain why this was the best artistic experience of her life, or why she even had to "be" Stefani again. It just makes no kind of sense.

Probably because she tried to find parts of Ally in herself. She is very different but she has found elements of it in the whole Stefani pre Fame thing. She is still Lady Gaga. We are who we think we are, who we want to be, etc. Stefani was also important because for this role, she was giving up on all the high fashion and avant garde fashion she's adorned over the years.

I really don't think she's saying something against being Lady Gaga or that it's a character or anything. She wouldn't have billed herself as Gaga for the movie if she didn't believe in it still. Remember when she was gonna be credited as Stefani? 

• Like 3

Didymus
6 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

I really don't think she's saying something against being Lady Gaga or that it's a character or anything. She wouldn't have billed herself as Gaga for the movie if she didn't believe in it still. Remember when she was gonna be credited as Stefani? 

Well, she's still a performer. She and her team know goddamn well that this movie is going to automatically bring in the crowds for her Vegas act :queenga: To keep this whole "LADY" and "GAGA" thing alive, but separate, is marketing genius. People will come to see her ASIB-esque talent, and they will also be curious about what she'll do as the "old and trusted" Poker Face girl. She can rely on two different brands at the same time, without abandoning her loyal fanbase completely ("I'm still Gaga somewhere, don't worry!!!").

But the fact remains that she hasn't been "Gaga" in over three years now. From an avant-garde performer who'd rather die than give up music we went to someone who almost quit music (as she admitted in 2015) to "just" be a mom, which is of course so much more important, as she said in a recent interview.

It's a lot for fans to swallow, and to me it's simply naïve to maintain that she's still the old gal we know and love. She's so obviously not interested in being an avant-garde groundbreaker anymore. She hasn't done one project in the last couple of years to convince me she is, and simultaneously she's done plenty of projects that prove the opposite.

She basically confirmed what I thought all along but hoped wasn't true: that Lady Gaga was in fact a marketing stunt, and that she simply did what she had to do to become famous, and that now she's relying on the fruits of her efforts to take it easy and chill a bit, choosing her own projects and ambitions rather than chasing whatever will make her money. It's what all pop stars do. But, sadly, not every pop star convinces their fans she's their momma :trollga:

• Like 8
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

Original Diva
4 hours ago, HonokaFu said:

Honestly this. She acts as if every event in her life is the most life changing she has experienced. 

I'd like to hear her stories of her Starbucks runs.. 

excuse me no
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 2

monsterboy98

Honestly finding it concerning how many people are suggesting she’s just “exaggerating” or being “dramatic”. You just don’t like to think she was crumbling inside when she was ruling the world.

I believe she’s 100% being genuine and that we need to stop comparing Gaga to her old self, even if we (myself included) miss some of the ways she was and how she used to be. 

I’d rather her be herself and happy than an act who is miserable...

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Didymus
1 minute ago, monsterboy98 said:

I’d rather her be herself and happy than an act who is miserable...

But then why did she lie to us about being happy and herself? That's what people are discussing. That's why there is doubt about her sincerity in the first place...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

mattbri

The impression I get of this is that she is alluding to the fact that she had to face pre-Gaga in order to be Ally (thus, no make-up etc.). I'm not shocked about this since she has been contradicting herself about who is Gaga for a long time. 

Always love to hear her voice though (Gaga, Stefani or whoever :oops:)

monsterboy98
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

But then why did she lie to us about being happy and herself? That's what people are discussing. That's why there is doubt about her sincerity in the first place...

To sell records dude... think deeper. She’s a recording artist. It’s her job

• Like 1

littlepotter
4 hours ago, Lippoutou said:

Yet in 2011 she shouted everywhere that Stefani and Gaga are the exact same person and if you called her Stefani you didn't understand anything. I don't know how to feel about it.

Well guess what mimi, she did. But people change. In 2011 I was a transphobic straight christian. 

• Like 5
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1

Didymus
8 minutes ago, monsterboy98 said:

To sell records dude... think deeper. She’s a recording artist. It’s her job

Well, how do you know she's not faking now? :queenga:

• Like 2

Defmix100
13 minutes ago, Didymus said:

People lie about their happiness, people lie to themselves in marriages that are failing, people lie about dept, people lie about depression etc...

• Like 5

Didymus
1 minute ago, littlepotter said:

Well guess what mimi, she did. But people change. In 2011 I was a transphobic straight christian. 

Sorry but this kind of logic really doesn't cut it.

When you change as significantly as Gaga did, you have to acknowledge that and explain yourself at least to a degree, just like you do with family and friends who are witnessing your transformation.

It's entirely natural for fans to ask questions about these discrepancies for that same reason. A simple "I changed" isn't a good enough reply to people who have literally invested hundreds to thousands of dollars into your life and work.

(Now, I'm not justifying people surrender their livelihoods to a pop star, but you can't deny Gaga made active use of those people anyway, covering it up under that semi-disgusting "I love my fans, I'll always be there for them" act. I do feel like Gaga owes them a clear and unambiguous "I changed" statement.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Didymus
Just now, Defmix100 said:

People lie about their happiness, people lie to themselves in marriages that are failing, people lie about dept, people lie about depression etc...

True. I'm just explaining to that member that it's not surprising people aren't sure when they're supposed to believe her anymore. That's what happens when you lie over and over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1