Jump to content
Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
life

Gaga: "I ran away from Stefani & put on a superhero cape called Lady Gaga"

Featured Posts

MaryJaneHolland
3 hours ago, SimplyTheBest said:

Lord have mercy! It is not because he is a man. It just happens that he is the one who gave her the opportunity when the producers didn't want her and she's grateful for it, that's it! Could've been a woman and she would've said the same thing, would it be a problem for you then?

I'm pretty sure she has been offered MANY acting roles before Bradley did.

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
LordEnigma
13 hours ago, Lippoutou said:

Yet in 2011 she shouted everywhere that Stefani and Gaga are the exact same person and if you called her Stefani you didn't understand anything. I don't know how to feel about it.

We all say things in our 20’s and I feel like a lot of us do this without putting an actual name on the character. I feel like your 30’s are a place to reconnect to your core for a lot of people. 

  • Like 8

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronk
21 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I'm pretty sure she has been offered MANY acting roles before Bradley did.

Idk about that, she wasn't well known as an actress, but I'm sure she will be offered many acting roles now.  She is in the enviable position of being able to pick the part she likes most.

I live in an alternate universe.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
dit
9 hours ago, Didymus said:

Well, she's still a performer. She and her team know goddamn well that this movie is going to automatically bring in the crowds for her Vegas act :queenga: To keep this whole "LADY" and "GAGA" thing alive, but separate, is marketing genius. People will come to see her ASIB-esque talent, and they will also be curious about what she'll do as the "old and trusted" Poker Face girl. She can rely on two different brands at the same time, without abandoning her loyal fanbase completely ("I'm still Gaga somewhere, don't worry!!!").

But the fact remains that she hasn't been "Gaga" in over three years now. From an avant-garde performer who'd rather die than give up music we went to someone who almost quit music (as she admitted in 2015) to "just" be a mom, which is of course so much more important, as she said in a recent interview.

It's a lot for fans to swallow, and to me it's simply naïve to maintain that she's still the old gal we know and love. She's so obviously not interested in being an avant-garde groundbreaker anymore. She hasn't done one project in the last couple of years to convince me she is, and simultaneously she's done plenty of projects that prove the opposite.

She basically confirmed what I thought all along but hoped wasn't true: that Lady Gaga was in fact a marketing stunt, and that she simply did what she had to do to become famous, and that now she's relying on the fruits of her efforts to take it easy and chill a bit, choosing her own projects and ambitions rather than chasing whatever will make her money. It's what all pop stars do. But, sadly, not every pop star convinces their fans she's their momma :trollga:

BITCH can you write my essays for me :air: The way you wrapped this post up with a punching line and the way every thought was cohesive and led to a new one :air: I'm SHOOK and impressed :giveup: 

  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronk
5 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

We all say things in our 20’s and I feel like a lot of us do this without putting an actual name on the character. I feel like your 30’s are a place to reconnect to your core for a lot of people. 

Exactly.  People say things and change their mind when things change in their lives.  A lot has happened in Gaga's life; traumatic experiences and unexpected opportunities.  She's mature now, but the kid inside still grasps at new things and wants to explore all the possibilities.

I live in an alternate universe.
  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronk

The Gaga persona was invented, and was actually one of many ways she helps people.  She is constantly working on ways to help others, even to this day.  CrazyGa explained at 2:36 into this:

She also said on Oprah that the reason behind Gaga was to help fans free themselves, be proud of who they are, and be truly happy.

I live in an alternate universe.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kattys
5 hours ago, Jamie said:

Crying and making every speech / event about her life and her mental health seems very egocentric To me. 

Even the way she praises Bradley makes me unconfortable : she always makes it about her and gives the impression that she couldnt manage To be fully herself without the MAN that Bradley is. What kind of message is that ? A woman needs a man to be strong ? To be respectable ? What kind of reverse empowerment experience is that ?:wtfga:

And what makes me sad, Weirdly, is that it looks like she is apologizing for her past career. Being the most powerfull and polarizing female popstar of the world was not acceptable and it seems like her new real, fragile, victim self is her apologie To the world, her redemption.

i don't think the pity strategy is going to pay off... it is a personnal opinion, but I feel like she will never incarn a modern figure anymore, she embodies concervatives values without realising it ( at least I hope so ). This radical change of direction is what is making me slowly turn my back on her.

PARDON my english im french

giphy.gif

Yes, yes, and again yes!

She absolutely doesn't need to crush her previous work to validate "normal girl" image. She could say "I am proud of what I've done and I am proud of every piece of music that I made or art direction that I took" instead of being ashamed of what was in the past and trying to appeal to gp by saying this persona nowadays is better one, real one. She was real before too, but now she just matured and trying to deny some stuff to feel better about herself?

It reminds me of situation when a girl sleeps with few guys and then gets into serious relationship. A boy asks "so how many partners have you got?", and she would lie or tell the truth but with a twist like "well I had 4 but obviously you are the best guy" when she perfectly remembers how 2nd or 3rd guy was so much better in bed. But too ashamed to say "I did what I did and I loved it, you have a problem with that?"...

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
julz

For me, all I know is that she knows what she's doing, and it's for her best. She's very smart, very present and mature. She is now surrounded with friends that really understands her. She's done "Gaga", then she's done "Lady". She's done "Monster"(force to be reckoned with, and full of monstrous talent)... now I think she's about to enter the phase of being a true "Mother". (Well, with Enigma still in mind of course...)

 

Lady. Gaga. Mother. Monster.

Edited by julz
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phaye Monster

I think everyone in this thread is making the whole “she doesn’t like being Gaga!!” thing a bit over dramatic. 

In less than a month we’ll have Enigma and she’ll be at her Gaga-est. She’s not ashamed of who she has created and being Lady Gaga is who she is. I think everyone needs to calm down a bit. 

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby
  • Like 5

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ziggy
5 hours ago, Jamie said:

Crying and making every speech / event about her life and her mental health seems very egocentric To me. 

Even the way she praises Bradley makes me unconfortable : she always makes it about her and gives the impression that she couldnt manage To be fully herself without the MAN that Bradley is. What kind of message is that ? A woman needs a man to be strong ? To be respectable ? What kind of reverse empowerment experience is that ?:wtfga:

And what makes me sad, Weirdly, is that it looks like she is apologizing for her past career. Being the most powerfull and polarizing female popstar of the world was not acceptable and it seems like her new real, fragile, victim self is her apologie To the world, her redemption.

i don't think the pity strategy is going to pay off... it is a personnal opinion, but I feel like she will never incarn a modern figure anymore, she embodies concervatives values without realising it ( at least I hope so ). This radical change of direction is what is making me slowly turn my back on her.

PARDON my english im french

It’s very strange to me. I agree. I really don’t like this very doe-eyed innocent, doll-faced, aw shucks, baby doll kind of image she’s got for the ASIB press tour. It feels *so* fake and culturally backwards from someone who has in the past been our cultural trailblazer more than her peers and set the level that stardom needed to operate at. Now it feels like a super conservative image of a meek woman. Of course women can be that, be yourself. But it’s been pretty evident that that isn’t Gaga so to put up that front and to do it so poorly and almost garishly at times is disappointing. Even in Joanne she felt real, if a little bruised and weary. I still felt her rough and tumble spirit, though. This honestly does not feel like her at.all.

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
modern ecstasy
25 minutes ago, Kattys said:

giphy.gif

Yes, yes, and again yes!

She absolutely doesn't need to crush her previous work to validate "normal girl" image. She could say "I am proud of what I've done and I am proud of every piece of music that I made or art direction that I took" instead of being ashamed of what was in the past and trying to appeal to gp by saying this persona nowadays is better one, real one. She was real before too, but now she just matured and trying to deny some stuff to feel better about herself?

It reminds me of situation when a girl sleeps with few guys and then gets into serious relationship. A boy asks "so how many partners have you got?", and she would lie or tell the truth but with a twist like "well I had 4 but obviously you are the best guy" when she perfectly remembers how 2nd or 3rd guy was so much better in bed. But too ashamed to say "I did what I did and I loved it, you have a problem with that?"...

She has never said she was ashamed of her previous work. I don’t get why y’all keep repeating that. Even recently during the Joanne era she called TFM a great pop record.

  • Like 5

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
gypsy101
7 hours ago, Schizophonic said:

i think thats just one step of her getting rid of the name lady gaga in the future.

i still don’t understand why she didn’t do that with this movie like she originally planned, pretty sure i heard her name on the call sheet was listed as “Stefani Germanotta.”

whether or not this is all a way of getting rid of the Gaga mask i respect her choice. i felt for many years that Gaga was a character that was not her true persona. it doesn’t make her work any less riveting or important to me. let the lady be who she wants.

  • LMAO 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
giskardsb
1 hour ago, Kattys said:

She could say "I am proud of what I've done and I am proud of every piece of music that I made or art direction that I took" instead of being ashamed of what was in the past

she has said that tho and she has never claimed to be ashamed of anything she's done.  You all are trying too hard to make drama where there isn't any.

Edited by giskardsb
  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...