💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Which among these pop girl low moments saddened you the most?

Red Velvet

:)  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these hurt you the most?

• Ariana (touched by pastor, Mac Miller’s death, hate from haters, Pete breakup)
    • Britney (2007 downfall, K-Fed negliegence, head shave)
    • Kesha (Dr. **** accusations, court sessions)
    • Katy (Divorce with husband, Witness critical failure, gays turning against her)

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

Britney, by a long shot. Like many, I thought there was a big chance she was going to be dead by 2008. Now, 10 years later, look how far she's come. I guess I've never seen a star self-destruct to this degree up until that moment, so it was such a huge shock and it desensitises you so much.

Gotta be honest, I thought Xtina was going to feature here for the s**tstorm that was 2010-2012 for her - a flop album and singles that got widely mocked, a cancelled tour, a break-up with her husband and father of her child, weight gain that resulted in more mocking, an under-performance of her first leading role in a movie, a bad rendition of the national anthem at the Superbowl that was mocked, falling off her heels at the end of her performance at the Grammys, getting arrested for public intoxication, singing at Etta James's funeral when she appeared to have menstrual blood sliding down her bare legs which caused her fake tan to run in front of everyone, releasing an album that flopped even harder than the last one and another album with no tour. For about 3 years, she was a never-ending joke. Even though she certainly hasn't started having success since then, she's at least stopped being a joke but it took her a long time to recover from that bleak stretch.

Mister Money
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Britney, by a long shot. Like many, I thought there was a big chance she was going to be dead by 2008. Now, 10 years later, look how far she's come. I guess I've never seen a star self-destruct to this degree up until that moment, so it was such a huge shock and it desensitises you so much.

Gotta be honest, I thought Xtina was going to feature here for the s**tstorm that was 2010-2012 for her - a flop album and singles that got widely mocked, a cancelled tour, a break-up with her husband and father of her child, weight gain that resulted in more mocking, an under-performance of her first leading role in a movie, a bad rendition of the national anthem at the Superbowl that was mocked, falling off her heels at the end of her performance at the Grammys, getting arrested for public intoxication, singing at Etta James's funeral when she appeared to have menstrual blood sliding down her bare legs which caused her fake tan to run in front of everyone, releasing an album that flopped even harder than the last one and another album with no tour. For about 3 years, she was a never-ending joke. Even though she certainly hasn't started having success since then, she's at least stopped being a joke but it took her a long time to recover from that bleak stretch.

I guess I wasnt paying attention but I dont remember that much ridicule for Xtina during that time :shrug:

huttont

Why are we ignoring what happened to Ariana and Manchester?? That is seriously so traumatizing. Not to downplay any of the others issues. But I’m sure she blames herself for all of those deaths

StrawberryBlond
On 11/30/2018 at 10:00 PM, Mister Money said:

I guess I wasnt paying attention but I dont remember that much ridicule for Xtina during that time :shrug:

Maybe you just didn't follow it that much. It was widespread. Even people who hadn't heard the album were joining in with saying it was terrible (kinda like what happened to Gaga with AP), there were gifs and memes made of her laughing at how fat she was (a gif of her spinning round in her Voice chair seeing the McD's sign and dropping her coffee cup as she ran to it, a meme of her performing with a photoshopped KFC bucket under her arm) and every time she suffered a public embarrassment, it was all-out mocking. It was any wonder she got acceptance in any of the collabs she did with Maroon 5, Pitbull and Great Big World at the time but it's probably because it wasn't seen as "her" song. Unbelievably, it was one of the few times that the public actually accused her of copying Gaga's style and music for her Bionic album (little did we know, Gaga was going to be accused of being a copycat next year). The only reason she hasn't been spoken about lately is because she really went off the grid since 2013 and it was like, if she's not around, we can't make fun of her. Her album being released to no hate campaign shows that the world's moved on but it seemed like it was never going to end.

Archived