💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Did this destroy Katy mentally and still affects her?

Lighter

Featured Posts

StarlightSeiya

Katy is a strong woman and I will forever have her back. Her music is so fun and wonderful to listen to. 

Bone Apple Tea bebe

Nuggets

Watching this video again had me crying :selena:

PD: Also, this cult site has been really rude to her in the past, shame on you :crossed:

Favorite McDonald's Snack

fivefoottwo

this was so eye-opening, i respect katy so much more now!

also this made me think in the perspective of a pop star: you never know what's going on with the pop star before a show, but we as fans always shouting and hyping and chanting in the audience, and sometimes the pop star maybe going through hell backstage and they have to hear all that outside. like if i were katy in that situation i would want everyone chanting "katy" to shut up lol. I'm not faulting the fans but its an interesting new perspective i gained today

21 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

While I get your point, we need to remember a big pop concert like this is a huge deal that hundreds of people rely on as a source of income. Her team, her band/dancers, the lights and sound engineers, the stage setup team. Even down to the people working the bars at the venue. To cancel would mean refunding all those hundreds of tickets, and affect all of those people's pay. I can definitely understand why they encouraged her to go ahead with the show.

Plus, it might even have been good for her to distract herself rather than being overcome with the sadness. And she probably looks back on this as a source of strength: if I can put on a show after such a horrible thing, I can do anything.

I definitely agree with you that, for some people, "soldiering on" in the face of tragedy or trauma is a resiliency-building response... but for many others, probably just as many if not more, trauma requires time and space to process and heal from.

As far as the hundreds of people who would be negatively affected go, that's my point. If her team are most immediately worried about their job in the Katy Perry Team and how a cancellation would affect them, then they are likely not going to be that voice of "hey, it's okay to take a break," because they want to believe that doing the show is the best response for her as well as themselves.

But, yes, I don't want to sound like I know what's best for Katy or that she was too delicate to perform or whatever. I'm just speculating, and while I may not be right about this instance, the irresponsibility of a pop star's team in pushing them to continue despite health concerns is obvs something that many musicians have faced (including Gaga!)

TimisaMonster

Breaking up via text has to be the lowest thing you can do...it shows how little he respected her to even give her a call or talk in person...

Poor her...but professionals say "the show must go on" 

Even Gaga went through this so it happens to pop stars all the time where personal emergencies and tragedies happen but you have to be "on" promoting or performing even when you don't feel the best 

HOWEVER, this was during the TD era and she went on to do PRISM which did really well too....only time she broke down was when CTTR and Bon Appetit didnt go #1...even in the very documentary you showed up she admitted to being very concerned about the charting of ET and only wanted to hear if a song did well

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

FlopSlurper

The fake smile at the end is so sad. She's such a sweetheart and doesn't deserve the hate that she gets :(

Poor Katy, that was painful to watch....

On the other hand, "regular" working people have to "suck it up" and go to work anyway too in these situations. Been there too sadly...

But it's sad that it happens

Suspiria
1 hour ago, andy69em said:

I definitely agree with you that, for some people, "soldiering on" in the face of tragedy or trauma is a resiliency-building response... but for many others, probably just as many if not more, trauma requires time and space to process and heal from.

As far as the hundreds of people who would be negatively affected go, that's my point. If her team are most immediately worried about their job in the Katy Perry Team and how a cancellation would affect them, then they are likely not going to be that voice of "hey, it's okay to take a break," because they want to believe that doing the show is the best response for her as well as themselves.

But, yes, I don't want to sound like I know what's best for Katy or that she was too delicate to perform or whatever. I'm just speculating, and while I may not be right about this instance, the irresponsibility of a pop star's team in pushing them to continue despite health concerns is obvs something that many musicians have faced (including Gaga!)

Yeah you're definitely right... while continuing with the show was the most sensible/logical idea, it certainly wasn't considerate or caring of her team to do it.

I suppose all we can do is hope she does look back on it positively rather than letting it upset her.

StrawberryBlond

I never knew this happened and was filmed, very sad to watch. At least when this happens to a normal person, they aren't usually in a job where they have to smile and look happy for the next 2 hours. But Katy had to plaster on a smile and act all peppy when she just wanted to lie down and sob her heart out. I don't even know how she sang while in that state. She's slowly grown on me as a person as time has gone on and it seems like she's maybe dealing with some inner personal torment, especially right now. I hope she finds true happiness some day.

Archived