💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shawn Mendes on being called gay

Borislshere

Featured Posts

Borislshere

5bfc133b3c0000b4040ebd05.jpeg?ops=scalef

"Speaking with Rolling Stone in a candid interview about his new album and his love life, Mendes addresses the gay rumors once again, revealing just how damaging the speculation has been not only to him but also potentially to others who are struggling with their sexuality. 

“I thought, ‘You ****ing guys are so lucky I’m not actually gay and terrified of coming out,’” he told the outlet about reading through various internet comments regarding his sexuality. “That’s something that kills people. That’s how sensitive it is. Do you like the songs? Do you like me? Who cares if I’m gay?”

"Mendes says he isn’t proud to admit that he feels the need to be seen with women in public to “prove to people that I’m not gay” ever since the rumors began. 

“Even though in my heart I know that it’s not a bad thing,” he said. “There’s still a piece of me that thinks that. And I hate that side of me.”

The 20-year-old Mendes revealed he “woke up in a cold sweat” and “felt sick” after Taylor Swift, who he opened for during her tour 1989, posted a video to her Instagram account of her putting eye makeup on him — even after he gave her permission to do so. 

“I was like, ‘****, why did I let her post that?’ I just fed the fire that I’m terrified of.”

But he has seemingly come to terms with how a portion of the public perceives him, saying, “Maybe I am a little more feminine — but that’s the way it is. That’s why I am me.” 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/shawn-mendes-shuts-down-gay-rumors-again_us_5bfc111ee4b0eb6d9311cec3?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000054

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VoldeLorde2

People need to let this boy live his life. It doesn't matter if he's gay or not. He's doing what he loves and that should be the main focus. 

joanoflark

You see, GagaDaily, when you do clownery? You guys ruined his life. It's all because of you. :messga:

Spoiler

SHAWN, PLEASE BE GAY, I WANT TO SLEEP LIKE A BABY AFTER YOU WRECK ME WITH YOUR DIVINE DISCO SCHLONG.

monster4life231
6 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

5bfc133b3c0000b4040ebd05.jpeg?ops=scalef

"Speaking with Rolling Stone in a candid interview about his new album and his love life, Mendes addresses the gay rumors once again, revealing just how damaging the speculation has been not only to him but also potentially to others who are struggling with their sexuality. 

“I thought, ‘You ****ing guys are so lucky I’m not actually gay and terrified of coming out,’” he told the outlet about reading through various internet comments regarding his sexuality. “That’s something that kills people. That’s how sensitive it is. Do you like the songs? Do you like me? Who cares if I’m gay?”

"Mendes says he isn’t proud to admit that he feels the need to be seen with women in public to “prove to people that I’m not gay” ever since the rumors began. 

“Even though in my heart I know that it’s not a bad thing,” he said. “There’s still a piece of me that thinks that. And I hate that side of me.”

The 20-year-old Mendes revealed he “woke up in a cold sweat” and “felt sick” after Taylor Swift, who he opened for during her tour 1989, posted a video to her Instagram account of her putting eye makeup on him — even after he gave her permission to do so. 

“I was like, ‘****, why did I let her post that?’ I just fed the fire that I’m terrified of.”

But he has seemingly come to terms with how a portion of the public perceives him, saying, “Maybe I am a little more feminine — but that’s the way it is. That’s why I am me.” 

"And there's this site where people call me a hunty all the time, it's a daily struggle.". Shawn refused to comment on which website he was referring to.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/shawn-mendes-shuts-down-gay-rumors-again_us_5bfc111ee4b0eb6d9311cec3?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000054

spread peace - #MJInnocent

Borisapillar

No straight guy is that terrified of gay rumors.

I do feel bad for her though.

Don’t be a drag, just be a queen, hunty!

She’ll come out when she’s ready.

Borislshere

"Mendes says he isn’t proud to admit that he feels the need to be seen with women in public to “prove to people that I’m not gay” ever since the rumors began."

Is this not what a beard is 

holy scheisse
2 minutes ago, Adarsh Soni said:

He felt sick because of a little bit of glitter on his eyelids? :rip:

Fragile masculinity :(

That J

I appreciate how hes explaining things from his end and being very candid about it.

Its nobody business but his so let the boy live and do what he does. 

Him being gay doesnt give you any chance so why worry yourself?  Lol 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

VoldeLorde2
1 minute ago, holy scheisse said:

Fragile masculinity :(

I wish men were more comfortable with showing emotions. It's sad what society has done to them. 

bloody g

He is so unproblematic and kind that it's hard to believe he is a regular straight white male :rip:

And especially for his age. He is very mature too.

Lord he is just so ajshsjsjjshshshd perfect :selena:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Bloody hooker

I honestly feel bad for him. Out of all honesty, he could find positivity out of it. He can be straight and feminine, and the gays will still love it.

Another thing I see everyone bringing up is masculinity. It is quite possible that he is having trouble with that. I still struggle with it myself. I’m more feminine than my male counter parts, but still retain just enough masculinity to show that I am a cis-gender male who isn’t your stereotypical male.

Spoiler

I’m still hoping that he’s at least bi. I want him :selena:

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

Head Empty

The replies in this thread are so disheartening and, frankly, disrespectful. He's making a great point, and who the heck are we to judge someone's sexuality. And most of us know just how sensitive this subject can be - and that isn't exclusive to the LGBT community.

Just be respectful and open towards what other people say. Not everything has to fit your stereotypes.

JennyWayne

I mean.. it took Ricky Martin over 20 years to publicly come out of the closet.. we can hope :oops:  :pray:

Spoiler
8 minutes ago, A Wig is Snatch said:

wryvmxwno4oz.gif

also can he be my daddy please

Archived