Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga and Bradley at the SAG screening of ASIB

gag

Featured Posts

PoetsTryinWrite
1 hour ago, T E A said:

i think this is the very first time that she used the words "character" and "act" when addressing her music career, or, in light of this, i should say her music career persona/self-iteration: gaga. this is very weird for me to hear, especially coming from her. although in the previous actors on actors interview with jamie lee curtis, she acknowledged that stefani and gaga are different, she also insisted that both are the same in that they are only different parts of her. i wonder what her current standpoint is, especially in terms of tense: even if she'd acknowledge the difference, as she does in this clip (hence the words acting and character), would she say that they, those characters that she created and acted out, were or still are parts of her? i also wonder whether the changes in her self-perception are due to the presence of her 24/7 "mental health team," as she calls them. she seems to be very informed about the recent academic trends of trauma studies, which may have, i guess, contributed to her abandoned notions of the postmodern subjectivity: fragmented, always-already-other, only-present-in-its-absence, devoid-of-essence etc. 

i'd kill to have a one-on-one convo on this with her. 

You and I think along the same lines. I'm not an actor but as a writer I can say that every character I write is a part of me. It must be as it comes from me. I think Gaga is growing more in terms of personal development in her 30s and really becoming a woman. It's amazing to watch. I think growing and maturing as a person won't hinder 'Gaga' at all, but instead feed it and contribute to more healthy, realised art. Her 'persona' as Gaga will be more informed through working with her mental health team. I certainly believe Gaga and Stefani are the same person.

Defend Your Humanity.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I get it: Both Bradley and Gaga made it a point to separate themselves from Jack & Ally. They are clearly both very, very smart, and may be getting guidance. 

Bradley on Jackson: Quote: No, he's gone. End quote.

Gaga on Ally: Quote: What I wanted more than anything was for her to be completely different than me. End quote.

Watch As I Dive In

2 hours ago, T E A said:

i think this is the very first time that she used the words "character" and "act" when addressing her music career, or, in light of this, i should say her music career persona/self-iteration: gaga. this is very weird for me to hear, especially coming from her. although in the previous actors on actors interview with jamie lee curtis, she acknowledged that stefani and gaga are different, she also insisted that both are the same in that they are only different parts of her. i wonder what her current standpoint is, especially in terms of tense: even if she'd acknowledge the difference, as she does in this clip (hence the words acting and character), would she say that they, those characters that she created and acted out, were or still are parts of her? i also wonder whether the changes in her self-perception are due to the presence of her 24/7 "mental health team," as she calls them. she seems to be very informed about the recent academic trends of trauma studies, which may have, i guess, contributed to her abandoned notions of the postmodern subjectivity: fragmented, always-already-other, only-present-in-its-absence, devoid-of-essence etc. 

1. reading this really fascinated me, i must say and we think similarly about this topic which i'm very interested in knowing gaga's stance in atm

2. but when she says acting, i'm not so sure about the different outfits or her self-iteration gaga, as you say, being acting or characters, but perhaps moreso those separate characters (such as jo calderone or yuyi). when i first heard the clip, and knowing what she's said about it in the past, that's what i thought of at least. 

be kind guys

41 minutes ago, Gagally said:

What is the body language read here?:

legs-crossed.png

Lowkey obsessed with this :nooo: Yas defy those gender norms mom and dad!!

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

6 hours ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

This is a good look. Young and hip and cool. The outfit not so much.

Looks like that type of outfit is going to continue. She can rock a suit, boy!

Watch As I Dive In

BlahForever1
10 hours ago, T E A said:

I don't really have anything to add to your post, other than to say I loved reading it, and you expressed some of my own thoughts on the matter in a very articulate manner :) I'm not really sure Gaga has entirely abandoned notions of the postmodern subjectivity, as there are some very clear elements of simulation and simulacra in the music video for Perfect Illusion, as well as some of her other songs on Joanne. Would love to talk to Gaga (and you) about this subject though! 

OT: I love watching Gaga + Bradley interviews :heart:

freebit
8 hours ago, Gagally said:

Oh, I get it: Both Bradley and Gaga made it a point to separate themselves from Jack & Ally. They are clearly both very, very smart, and may be getting guidance. 

Bradley on Jackson: Quote: No, he's gone. End quote.

Gaga on Ally: Quote: What I wanted more than anything was for her to be completely different than me. End quote.

I think no actor ever wants to say they were playing themselves tbh (except maybe the likes of Hugh Grant who has reached curmudgeon stage). I think this character is one Bradley would definitely like to be far away from because he's a recovering alcoholic who has had some relapses. I think Gaga seemed eager to leave Ally behind too (like her bleaching her hair a day or so after filming) because she said getting into character for her meant revisiting the pre-Gaga years where she had less confidence and was more insecure with herself. 

She is making sure Oscar voters (many of who are at SAG) know that she was acting. And that she is an actress even before she was a pop star. She knows the one thing that can keep her from winning an oscar or maybe even being nominated is if voters think she was just playing herself.

LeJudas
8 hours ago, gag said:

Lowkey obsessed with this :nooo: Yas defy those gender norms mom and dad!!

Here's my expert guess

LG: Brad I'm open if you are

Brad: *notices the open sign* *gets ereckshin* *crosses legs to hide erektshun* 

LG: *smiles knowing she has the power*

Brad: Mistress may I please be spanked?

LG: yes baby. My assistant already booked us a hotel room

Brad: yes mistress. Thank you mistress

Archived