💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Diane: "The label didn't want to release TIHTY, I payed for the video"

Panchecco

Featured Posts

That J

That is very cool of her to do. 

It hit me tho that I have only heard that song one time.  I just never played it again. Not my flavor and I am a sexual abuse survivor. I'd rather a power anthem than to wallow in it. Different strokes for different folks. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Infinity Wave
10 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Okay didn’t know that and it’s kinda not the thing I wanted to prove. They payed for Applause which was amazing IMO. 

Yeah but as Gaga said she was given 1 WEEK to do that and she hated it because she couldn't express her artistry is so little time. So actually Interscope never cared about ARTPOP sadly :(

Colourful

Lona Delery

not yall shitting on Interscope, why would they hand out money for a video og a song thats not gonna make them any money

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

FlopSlurper
12 minutes ago, Lona Delery said:

not yall shitting on Interscope, why would they hand out money for a video og a song thats not gonna make them any money

It gave Gaga her first Oscar nomination, and helped make the GP like her again, and it had an important message :madge: 

11 hours ago, retroglamx said:

Diane is hurtfully underrated.

I'm desperate for her to get an Oscar win at some point. She's been nominated so many times and she clearly wants it so bad. :saladga:

Lona Delery
1 hour ago, FlopSlurper said:

It gave Gaga her first Oscar nomination, and helped make the GP like her again, and it had an important message :madge: 

well yeah message is cute and all, but it foesnt make Interscope any money. Yall have to see it from an economic point of view.

and the gp? who knows about tihty, really?

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

FlopSlurper
52 minutes ago, Lona Delery said:

well yeah message is cute and all, but it foesnt make Interscope any money. Yall have to see it from an economic point of view.

and the gp? who knows about tihty, really?

Sis it was nominated AND performed at the biggest awards show for acting, I-

Lona Delery
55 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

Sis it was nominated AND performed at the biggest awards show for acting, I-

...yeah? the video was shot and released months before the Oscar nominees were even revealed so idg whats ur point

and performing at a huge show =/= success. TIHTY peaked at #95 in the US 

15 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Gaga actually has really big budget and is free to make any video she wants. They gave her complete artistic freedom and integrity with the contract she signed few years ago.  She didn’t want to make videos that are over the top during the Joanne era and she said it few times. Interscope is amazing for Gaga. 

EDIT: Okay apparently Gaga payed for GUY (didn’t know that, sorry) but they still payed for Applause and that video was amazing. Budget is not playing a big part when it comes to quality. 

She paid for G.U.Y. because she was the one who pushed so hard for it to be released after they ended up scrapping DWUW (an expensive drop). Being Gaga, she wanted to spend a lot on G.U.Y. so the label balked a bit so they agreed to release it if she paid for it. When things are good, I'd say you're right. G.U.Y. is something of an extenuating circumstance.

ALSO: Yeah, they didn't want to pay for a video. For stuff like this the movie producers should be on that. That's not Interscope's job; that's part of the job of whoever is promoting the film.

hpmcmill
1 hour ago, brucee said:

what is a PSA type video ??? sorry :(

Public Service Announcement... so less of a proper music video and more about making the public aware of issues surrounding sexual assault on college campus’ through the music and video. 

4 hours ago, Infinity Wave said:

Yeah but as Gaga said she was given 1 WEEK to do that and she hated it because she couldn't express her artistry is so little time. So actually Interscope never cared about ARTPOP sadly :(

True true, but it's not just landing on them since Troy was the dude putting her back out there. And I also don't think it's fair to assume that they didn't care so that's why she only had a week. It's perfectly possible that there were deals and stuff and other moving factors that played a role in that decision. It's unfortunate, for sure, but for a big release like that you secure lots of deals and promotions so in a bad way of events it probably led to that happening and not out of negligence. Otherwise Gaga would not be with them and defending them so much whenever people ask if they're like the industry. But notice how she'll happily throw Troy under the bus in coy legalese.

16 hours ago, Epione said:

Interscope sucks as a label, Gaga never gets enough money for her videos. Nothing new. 

Isn’t Judas now the most expensice music video of all time? or was that fake news?

Interscope haven’t spent enough on videos since Applause.

Archived