💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

“Roma” will win the Oscars, ASIB only best original song

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Neight Shayde

Let's see what film will critics from each state recognize as the best film first, then we'll come back to this topic. At this rate it could either be ASIB or Roma.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Lmao is a Mexican American film. Filmed by a Mexican person for an American market (Netflix) 

The racism or ignorance sometimes.

Therefore is eligible as a foreign film 

Racism lmao, i just didn't even watched that movie yet, how the hell would i know.

But like a said, is a foreign film, do know the last foreign film who won best picture?

Just now, Sugden said:

Racism lmao, i just didn't even watched that movie yet, how the hell would i know.

But like a said, is a foreign film, do know the last foreign film who won best picture?

Once again, there was no musical ever to be close to getting Best picture and Chicago happen. I’ll repet that again just so you can understand it and see that there’s a first for everything  

Hottie Detector

sweet spot
1 hour ago, Adarsh Soni said:

The only competition is from Mary Poppins. This is the Oscars not Grammys. Kendrick Lamar has no history here. Gaga does.

well, last time gaga was on track to win but ended up losing to sam smith lmao :huntyga:

+ kendrick was the first non-classical/jaz act to win the pulitzer prize, he is acclaimed on several fields :huntyga:

Doncho
25 minutes ago, smokeandhush said:

Oh my god when all of you talk about Gaga winning an Oscar, i thought you guys were just talking about Original Song. But do you guys actually think she’s gonna win Best Actress?? :giveup: She really wasn’t that good. Don’t set yourselves up for disappointment. It’s a huge accomplishment for her just to be nominated. 

In my opinion she was good. But good enough for Best Actress? I really dont know. But critics think she is, so :vegas:

I am not expecting a win for Actress anyway... but Best Original Song should be hers with no problem

Black, White & Gold really winning this year.

MV5-BMGE1-Zm-Q0-Nj-It-ODY1-MS00-ODky-LWE  MV5-BMj-E3-MDQ0-MTA3-M15-BMl5-Ban-Bn-Xk-

Btw I wouldn't mind if ASIB doesn't win, as Ga Ga said, the reward is all in the work.

bloody g

I'm just going to say that we shouldn't lose faith, ASIB can still swipe.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

9 minutes ago, supercut said:

well, last time gaga was on track to win but ended up losing to sam smith lmao :huntyga:

+ kendrick was the first non-classical/jaz act to win the pulitzer prize, he is acclaimed on several fields :huntyga:

Ive said this several times before but Oscars are not won on the basis of talent. Its politics. TIHTY was from an unknown low budget documentary. Sam Smith's song was from James Bond. This time we have the upper hand. Bradley has half of the industry on his side. Its those people who vote. Every day I see academy members tweet about Gaga. Warner Brothers is a big production house and ASIB is their only movie competing this year. The Pulitzer prize cannot be compared to winning an Oscar. The process is not even close to that. 

elijahfan

I also believe Roma will be our biggest competition.... But since Cuarón has already won everything back with Gravity, I'm not sure the Academy would be willing to shower him with trophies again, and might want to award a newcomer director like Bradley.

Also, many people are talking about Roma's lead actress as a sure contender, and I'm literally not ready for the meltdowns here if she wins against Gaga :toofunny: So far, I'd say the only sure wins are for original score, and probably director.

EDIT: just saw Suspiria, and suddenly I'm scared for best original score.....

CannaeDrive
1 hour ago, Kimmo said:

Lmao too late is already being voted as a competitor for Best Picture so there’s that for you ...:vegas:

Where do you see that? IIRC Oscars nominations are due next January, these people you refer to are only giving their opinions and are not selections whatsoever for the awards. Besides, like some have already mentioned, there is practically near zero probability that a BFLP could win BP.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

TheSlash

I always read the movie title as the BR "Roma" :selena:  :chica:  :poot: .

OT: As long as Gaga gets an award I'm pretty fine :lana: 

Spoiler

Unless 'Best Original Song' isn't included :grr: Then I go on a rampage

tenor.gif?itemid=8128195

tenor.gif?itemid=11078733

Ew, David!

RAMROD

You're too hasty, fam.

There are lot unknown movies to worry about. Just wait until actual noms are announced then you can start speculate.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

this thing cinematography aka the only aspect of film making that the masses pretend to appreciate most often doesn't add any depth whatsoever, leaving photographic pleasure be the sole experience the project has to offer. I saw Roma and I would be lying if I said it was underwhelming because I didn't expect different from the director of Gravity, a masturbatory exercise that your natural cinephile would naturally re-title Vanity... but yeah, underwhelming is still the word that best defines such cheap shots at Oscar glory that rely on the least to do the most. that same old cinematography talk is even more eye-roll inducing when it comes to this one because some of the shots are plain laughable... unless you forget to blink and breathe, trying hard to immerse yourself. they're either pointless or too pointed, too dusty, too light, too long, too fast, too wide, too angled etc. the kind of directorial compulsion that makes all characters look weirdly indifferent to each other's struggles and just high out of their minds in a world so boring and uninspired, presented with such "intricate attention to detail" it couldn't even fool you into a state of melancholy because the vapidity keeps you half-annoyed, half-amused with all the "mastery"... and even if the precious cinematography did fool you into perceiving this kind of retirement planning commercial effort as brilliantly intimate... well... I hope the moments of great intimacy in your lives tell bolder, more remarkable stories than this one.

they should've given Cuarón the Oscar for the perfect Y tu mamá también before he abandoned the charisma of film that makes introverted teenagers dream of one day directing an escapist cult classic but they were too busy hailing bloody Polanski that year... anyway, I don't think it's likely that after Gravity he'll get a second one for yet another gimmick... not to mention it looks like this time around the Academy is beginning to get over their own pretense and would rather award a film that feeds pop cultural hunger rather than one that reassures a narcissistic trend that doesn't even serve the industry. there's a reason something as silly as Best Popular Film category is even being considered.

Archived